• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's hard to wear Trae's Shoes...

Diesel

51 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Pretty much.  I guess I could have saved the 30 min from pulling the numbers together.  But where's the fun in that?

I did read and appreciate your analysis, btw. 

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I said before, we see our guy for 82 games so we know EVERY single flaw and can continually pick those flaws apart.

With the others, we see highlights or catch a few games every now and then, or read how great they are.

They can't fool me, burd.  I'm hatin on everybody.  I don't even need to see games.  Mwahahahaaaa 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I did read and appreciate your analysis, btw. 

They can't fool me, burd.  I'm hatin on everybody.  I don't even need to see games.  Mwahahahaaaa 

I was a big Hali fan at draft time.  Thought he would be great next to Trae.  I still think he's a really good player.  After seeing the Trae / DJ non-fit, I may have been wrong about the fit next to Trae as well.  Not sure.  But he's a very good player.  Just not as good as some of the press he's gotten, imo.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I was a big Hali fan at draft time.  Thought he would be great next to Trae.  I still think he's a really good player.  After seeing the Trae / DJ non-fit, I may have been wrong about the fit next to Trae as well.  Not sure.  But he's a very good player.  Just not as good as some of the press he's gotten, imo.  

Haliburton is too selfish to play with any other semi-competent guard. 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haliburton is too selfish to play with any other semi-competent guard. 

I don't think that is the case.  That sounds like the stuff people say about Trae who don't follow him closely.

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

After seeing the Trae / DJ non-fit, I may have been wrong about the fit next to Trae as well.  

Hali is a much better passer than DJM so I would hope they could find some synergy offensively but defensively it would be a disaster.  Both of them would be better with a big, strong 3pt shooting wing next to them.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think that is the case.  That sounds like the stuff people say about Trae who don't follow him closely.

Uh Trae didn't specifically say he didn't want to play with another lead guard, brah.

His words, not minez.  When people tell you what they are, you should believe them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Uh Trae didn't specifically say he didn't want to play with another lead guard, brah.

His words, not minez.  When people tell you what they are, you should believe them.

First, "any semi-competent guard" in my mind includes shooting guards.  If you meant lead guards, I didn't read it that way.

Second, I don't think Trae would want to play with someone as ball dominant as he is either and what I'd disgree with there is that it is about selfishness.  If your best skill is running the offense, I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to go somewhere that there is already an established starter filling that role.  I wouldn't call it selfish if Trae had let it be known that he didn't want to get drafted by OKC (who was then led by ball dominant Russell Westbrook) because he wanted room to grow and to be able to contribute effectively to the team that drafted him.  We've seen a number of teams with multiple All-Star level PGs and they always end up making a change whether it is Phoenix trading Steve Nash away when they had Jason Kidd or the Kings trading Hali away when they had Fox, etc.  That isn't selfish by the player or stupid by the team.  It is that a forward like Shawn Marion or big like Sabonis paired with that All-Star PG is better than two PGs together.  The reality is that there is only one ball so you are leaving a lot on the table if you have two maestros on the same squad (and usually two PGs also leaves you exposed on defense).

59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

When people tell you what they are, you should believe them.

True with most but this lady at my work told me a bunch of stuff and she turned out to be a liar, racist and no good piece of 💩 and frankly I hope she gets Lou Gehrig’s disease 🦠 but I digress… well her and a lady manager. I hope they ride off into the sunset 🌅 off a Cliff together like Thelma and Louise.

Go Hawks!

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

not minez.

Thought you were Ramirez? 🤔-Spud Rickles

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

First, "any semi-competent guard" in my mind includes shooting guards.  If you meant lead guards, I didn't read it that way.

Second, I don't think Trae would want to play with someone as ball dominant as he is either and what I'd disgree with there is that it is about selfishness.  If your best skill is running the offense, I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to go somewhere that there is already an established starter filling that role.  I wouldn't call it selfish if Trae had let it be known that he didn't want to get drafted by OKC (who was then led by ball dominant Russell Westbrook) because he wanted room to grow and to be able to contribute effectively to the team that drafted him.  We've seen a number of teams with multiple All-Star level PGs and they always end up making a change whether it is Phoenix trading Steve Nash away when they had Jason Kidd or the Kings trading Hali away when they had Fox, etc.  That isn't selfish by the player or stupid by the team.  It is that a forward like Shawn Marion or big like Sabonis paired with that All-Star PG is better than two PGs together.  The reality is that there is only one ball so you are leaving a lot on the table if you have two maestros on the same squad (and usually two PGs also leaves you exposed on defense).

Listen, I want to fight with you AH.  But I've entered into 2 wars on fakegm and need all my troops for that.

Let's just agree I'm right on this one.  Deal?  😉 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But I've entered into 2 wars on fakegm and need all my troops for that.

😢 you really know how to tease a soldier dontcha! GEEEETTTTTEEEMMMM THOSE BASTARDS!!! ALL OF EMMM!!! Take my ammo!!!! :gun:

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Listen, I want to fight with you AH.

:laugh1: I initially read this as “I don’t want to fight with you AHF”… 

Silly me… 😂 shoulda known! 😆 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: I initially read this as “I don’t want to fight with you AHF”… 

Silly me… 😂 shoulda known! 😆 

Aye, I'm always dtf @AHF...

"Dtf" means down to fight, right?

im DTF AHF all nite, baybee!  Bring it! 

Why's everybody laughing

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

Teams had to figure out how to deal with that new version of the Pacers and disrupting Haliburton became priority #1. 

This is why I said that everybody can't walk in Trae's shoes. 

Haliburton never really faced defensive attention.  When you're not doubled, when you're not rushed, when you have all the time in the world to get your funky shot together, you can hit a good percent.   When defenses are on you like they be on Trae... things are different.   Now, you're slumping.  Now, you don't know what happened.  Now, it's probably the hamstring.  NO.. It's the constant attention from the defense that makes you rush your shot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is why I said that everybody can't walk in Trae's shoes. 

Haliburton never really faced defensive attention.  When you're not doubled, when you're not rushed, when you have all the time in the world to get your funky shot together, you can hit a good percent.   When defenses are on you like they be on Trae... things are different.   Now, you're slumping.  Now, you don't know what happened.  Now, it's probably the hamstring.  NO.. It's the constant attention from the defense that makes you rush your shot. 

Well and it's a different world for everyone when the league let's teams play defense vs calling every ticky tack foul.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3