• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

Just now, Hawkish said:

Cheer up— getting it this year (should) have zero impact on next year.  1 is better than 10.  Someone may highly covet a player and trade for it.  Maybe we covet a player.  An asset just increased in value… net gain.  Atlanta controls the draft.  Snyder gets to hand pick a guy on a rookie scale salary.  It may actually help us make trades with other players as we know where we can add a specific player.

I’ll take it.

10 was better this year than 1. This is not good. 

Sarr is not a big man. Clingan at 1 is way too rich. This f***ing sucks 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This was definitely the worst possible outcome. This feels like Carolina Panthers where you got CJ Stroud and Bryce Young and the Hawks might take Bryce Young instead of Stroud 

?  
If you are going to use this unrelated metaphor, why can’t we be Chicago then?  They were #1.  Carolina traded up for the wrong player.  We aren’t selling any farm land like Carolina did.

• Thanks 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

So much crying. :blanky:

I'm f***ing livid. I waited for this day for years only for it to happen in the only draft I didn't want it to happen. Even in the 2013 draft, I really like Oladipo and Beal. Clingan upside is a better Gobert with a worse stamina.

Sarr is one of those guys who insane talent but he's not a big man. Jon Bender type. You draft him, he might not end up being shit but you hope he's a superstar. 

Man, I really hate this top 5 with a passion. Risacher should get a serious look but he won't because of BI. Man, this is some bullshit. I can see this looking really bad at the midseason when we should have taken Clingan. I can really see them buying Sarr and buying his defensive upside and thinking maybe Trae can make him more than what he is which is a shit screener who is a reactive defender. Ugh! 

I wanted to stick at 10 but I had a bad feeling we was gonna win the lottery

• Haha 3