• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2007 I had 5 shots in between the commercial to announce the top 3 picks, when we got Horford I wanted to puke 🤮..

I had Oden/KD dreams, specially KD, ya even then with Oden being the hype I had a weird feeling KD would be the guy. Even though I hate him now lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Would be the most Hawks thing ever.

You said this before. It’s the 2nd time you’re saying it. @kg01 I read his stuff 😆..

I agree. I’m banking on us getting a top 3 so Adam Silver can fill the “Hawks quota luck”…

:airquote:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If there is ever a lottery to get #1, it's this one for the Hawks.

Would be the most Hawks thing ever.

I'm still want it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You said this before. It’s the 2nd time you’re saying it. @kg01 I read his stuff 😆..

I agree. I’m banking on us getting a top 3 so Adam Silver can fill the “Hawks quota luck”…

:airquote:

I'm thinking to fulfill the irony bucket for all squawkers this is going to be certain. Never has there been a better lottery for Adam to dump off to us peons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm still want it.

Oh for sure.. I think either Frenchman is a take. If it's there I would take the better communicator/leader of the two.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

(3) Big Board 4.0 Part II - Unveiling My Top 30 NBA Prospects for 2024 (nbabigboard.com)

Rafael Barlowe's big board 4.0.  

For those that don't want to subscribe:

1. Alex Sarr - PF/C, Perth
  2. Stephon Castle - Guard/Wing, UConn
  3. Donovan Clingan - Center, UConn
  4. Nikola Topic - PG, Crvena Zvezda
  5. Rob Dillingham - PG, Kentucky
  6. Matas Buzelis - Wing, Ignite
  7. Cody Williams - Wing, Colorado
  8. Reed Sheppard - Combo Guard, Kentucky
  9. Tyler Smith - Stretch Four, Ignite
  10. Ron Holland - Wing, Ignite
  11. Zaccharie Risacher - Wing, JL Bourg
  12. Isaiah Collier - PG, USC
  13. Kel'el Ware - Center, Indiana
  14. Dalton Knecht - Wing, Tennessee
  15. Ja'Kobe Walter - Wing, Baylor
  16. Tidjane Salaun - Wing, Cholet
  17. Hunter Sallis - Wing, Wake Forest
  18. Jared McCain - Guard, Duke
  19. Devin Carter - Guard, Providence
  20. Yves Missi - Post, Baylor
  21. DaRon Holmes - Post, Dayton
  22. Tyler Kolek - PG, Marquette
  23. Kyle Filipowski - Post, Duke
  24. Kyshawn George - Wing, Miami
  25. Jaylon Tyson - Forward, California
  26. Tyon Grant-Foster - Wing, Grand Canyon
  27. Zach Edey - Post, Purdue
  28. Ajay Mitchell - Combo Guard, UC Santa Barbara
  29. Terrence Shannon - Wing, Illinois
  30. Nikola Djurisic - Wing, KK Mega Bemax

If we end up getting a top 3 pick, then we will need to ramp up the discussions over Alex Sarr, Donovan Clingan, and Stephon Castle.  I know most will bristle at Castle being included, but he is exactly the type of wing/perimeter POA defender team needs who also has plenty of offensive upside.  Maybe there is some discussion about Matas Buzelis being included in the top 3 mix.  If I had to pick right now, I'm probably going with my comfort level on Donovan Clingan and taking him as a potential Rudy Gobert type big.  

At 10, I think the discussion centers around the wing prospects that may be there (Cody Williams, Ron Holland, Zaccharie Risacher, Ja'Kobe Walter), a potential unicorn big in Kel'el Ware, and a stretch four with upside in Tyler Smith.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

Ron Holland seems to be right there at 10 in a lot of boards / mocks lately.

With Castle, what position(s) do you see him defending in the NBA?

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ron Holland seems to be right there at 10 in a lot of boards / mocks lately.

With Castle, what position(s) do you see him defending in the NBA?

1-3

• Thanks 1

I think Castle's 90th percentile outcome is an SGA type of player.  His low-end outcome if he doesn't gain consistency on his shot may be Jarrett Culver though.  With most of these prospects, there are very small chances that the actually hit the high end or the low end of their spectrum.  

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

If we end up getting a top 3 pick, then we will need to ramp up the discussions over Alex Sarr, Donovan Clingan, and Stephon Castle.  I know most will bristle at Castle being included, but he is exactly the type of wing/perimeter POA defender team needs who also has plenty of offensive upside.  Maybe there is some discussion about Matas Buzelis being included in the top 3 mix.  If I had to pick right now, I'm probably going with my comfort level on Donovan Clingan and taking him as a potential Rudy Gobert type big.  

At 10, I think the discussion centers around the wing prospects that may be there (Cody Williams, Ron Holland, Zaccharie Risacher, Ja'Kobe Walter), a potential unicorn big in Kel'el Ware, and a stretch four with upside in Tyler Smith.  

I agree with most of this, though I wouldn’t want Castle to be our only pick this year. But I suppose if they pick a guard, he’s the one. Topic is the last guy I’d want. 
Boy, Risacher really dropped, huh? I’d be happy with any of the guys you listed. 

24 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I agree with most of this, though I wouldn’t want Castle to be our only pick this year. But I suppose if they pick a guard, he’s the one. Topic is the last guy I’d want. 
Boy, Risacher really dropped, huh? I’d be happy with any of the guys you listed. 

Risacher lost his jumper this season, and it really exposed his lack of creation skills off the dribble.  His length and shooting are why he was rated high.  

• Like 1

It's also probably best for everyone to approach this draft pick with the idea that the player is being drafted for 2-3 years from now rather than being drafted to be an immediate rotational guy.  

• Moderators

I don't think that Risacher has dropped that far for most scouts.  That was one person's board.  (And he may be right for all that I've seen of Risacher.)

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

I think Castle's 90th percentile outcome is an SGA type of player.  His low-end outcome if he doesn't gain consistency on his shot may be Jarrett Culver though.  With most of these prospects, there are very small chances that the actually hit the high end or the low end of their spectrum.  

To me, Castle has Jalen Suggs upside - tough perimeter defender and if he irons out his shot his offensive contributions make him an important part of a winning rotation, particularly one where you have Trae's shot creation to prop up the offense.  

As of right now, if I were the Hawks GM and got the first pick Clingan would be #1 on my board as of right now.  

I do agree with the sentiment that most of the lottery talent is 2 years away from making meaningful contributions to winning.  Knecht should be an exception to that but to me he does not make sense for the Hawks as he duplicates much of what Bogi brings to the table and does not address the severe defensive limitations of the current roster.

• Like 2