2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

There have been a bunch of legit concerns he will need to overcome mentioned but don't seem to get a reaction.  The amount of time he spends injured is definitely one of them.  Again, my expectation for him this year was that he would be more productive than ever and seize the starting job.  Snyder decided he wasn't the man for it during the 2023-24 season and when it looked like he might make a case for it while CC was injured OO again got hurt and missed the rest of the season.  Availability is a very important ability and our frontcourt unfortunately has a track record for repeated and significant injuries (OO, Hunter, and JJ in particular).

Plain and simple.. OO should be on the block if a good trade is presented. He is not untouchable.

I think him and Bam are miles away in how they play the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Plain and simple.. OO should be on the block if a good trade is presented. He is not untouchable.

I think him and Bam are miles away in how they play the game.

Adebayo was the ideal we all wanted when OO was drafted.  But we gotta be honest about what we're seeing for multiple years.

I'm an OO fan but, if his spot can be upgraded, do it.

:Korver: "You tellin me how to do my job, kg?  Do I come down to the zoo to tell you how to clean the rhino sh*t?!"

Sorry, Kial.  But I don't work at the zoo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I'm not eager to trade OO.  I feel like he is a very useful player off the bench and has the upside to be a starter.   For me it is more whether he can reach that upside and whether Snyder seems him as a starting center.  If the answer to that is "no" then it doesn't mean we need to deal him.  

But no one on this team is untouchable.  It is about value in any trade scenario.

:Baze: If I was untouchable, anybody can be.

Well, to be honest, that was because nobody wanted your crap-a** contract, Baze. 

• Haha 3

My eyes!

I think I got the winner of the worst Trae trades possible.  This one features the site favorite PeliCan'ts. 

Dude on bleacher report posited a 'Trae for McCollum, Daniels, and a pick' deal.

And wondered if that'd be enough for Atlanta.

It's gonna be a long summer, baybee. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My eyes!

I think I got the winner of the worst Trae trades possible.  This one features the site favorite PeliCan'ts. 

Dude on bleacher report posited a 'Trae for McCollum, Daniels, and a pick' deal.

Sucks not watching Hawks basketball. I'm so bored. Makes an even long summer, LONGER!!!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sucks not watching Hawks basketball. I'm so bored. Makes an even long summer, LONGER!!!

You could say we didn't really watch hawks basketball this past regular season

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

My eyes!

It would be awfully nice if the move to squash this kind of nonsense happens sooner than later.  The agenda driven devaluing of Trae is nauseating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

It would be awfully nice if the move to squash this kind of nonsense happens sooner than later.  The agenda driven devaluing of Trae is nauseating.

It's why I predicted he'd leave Klutch soon.  It seems he's the only one if their high profile clients that gets dragged like this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's pretty clear that some aren't going to be happy until OO is replaced by a 7-foot stiff.

KB21 seems to be stuck on the idea that anyone 7' or more are, automatically, a stiff.  It don;t work that way.  Anyone doesn't have to be that tall to be a stiff!  

😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's pretty clear that some aren't going to be happy until OO is replaced by a 7-foot stiff.

Still only you saying that only a 7 footer will do.  

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm not eager to trade OO.  I feel like he is a very useful player off the bench and has the upside to be a starter.   For me it is more whether he can reach that upside and whether Snyder seems him as a starting center.  If the answer to that is "no" then it doesn't mean we need to deal him.  

But no one on this team is untouchable.  It is about value in any trade scenario.

OO is undersized and overpaid for what he would be with us.   With us, regardless of how you look at it, he would be a BU C.    We will bring in a real sized Center.  Clint may not be here either but Clint doesn't have as many deficiencies as OO does.   I would use OO to help us with our Forward help.  If N.O. is still interested, there are some deals that can be worked out. 

• Like 1

The outsiders have eyes on Phoenix 'cause they're obviously gonna make changes.  That's an unmitigated failure almost everyone saw coming.

But I'm afraid to go fishin for Booker-fish.  Mess around and have Beal-apia on the hook.

🫤

image.png.a083f656044ee71084815b3b6a186961.png

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1