• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Also, his agility lane drill looked like shit.  He can't keep his head up and do it.

Where can I find the drills?

• Haha 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Pish posh.  Why are we even talking about these .... these names?

These plebians can't sniff the rarified .... top pick air we're breathing these days.

And on day 1, no less! 

This is a conversation that should only be created by 5 1/2 weeks of draft boredom. 

• Thanks 1

Trading Trae only makes sense if we do it w/ the Spurs as they own our picks. I will infer that he is committed to staying in Atlanta since Trae signed with CAA Sports and dropped Klutch. Murray is 100% gone

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

In addition to the FT% being 71%, while also listening to the Locked on Hawks podcast, Brian Schröder mentioned he's very good at not fouling as well. 

Good FT%(for a big), doesn't foul, freaky defender. 

Yeah, that'll do pig. That'll do. 

So the 'not fouling' thing can cut both ways.  Is he simply not physical?  Is that why one of his weaknesses is defensive boarding?

I'm sold, but I don't want no sawfty, so hopefully that's not the case.

I know hotSupes thinks that's a problem.  I say go get me a Bobby Portis to tenderize him in practice, toughen him up.  And feed him some grits, eggs, and snausages instead of them croissants.  Put him on that Diaw diet(sic) so he can come back swole. 

We can pronounce that 'swo-lay'.  Ya know, make it French. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So the 'not fouling' thing can cut both ways.  Is he simply not physical?  Is that why one of his weaknesses is defensive boarding?

I know hotSupes thinks that's a problem.  I say go get me a Bobby Portis to tenderize him in practice, toughen him up.  And feed him some grits, eggs, and snausages instead of them croissants.  Put him on that Diaw diet(sic) so he can come back swole. 

The stuff I've listened to said he was averaging more blocks than fouls for most of the year.  Something like 3.6 blocks and 3.5 fouls per 36.  I'm not sure how that's a bad thing.  Doesn't make him soft.  Clint doesn't foul much either and I don't consider him soft.  Conversely, OO fouls all the time and I don't consider him a tough guy.  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Pop em with the Giannis steroids. f*** it, we tryna win a title here! 

Schröder also made a point to say he's not great on the offensive boards, but he also did the whole "box out but let the guard lead the break" stuff on the other end. Said he was more of a Steven Adam's rebounder with Perth. 

I'll let you pick between Schröder and Supes lol, but he also said he's not sawft by any means. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You should actually watch his run.  Clunky isn't the word to describe it.  It's the most unathletic looking run I think I've ever seen.  Also, his agility lane drill looked like shit.  He can't keep his head up and do it.  I think it's because he has to be looking where he's going or else he's going to bust his ass open on the floor.  

Let's see where the numbers land and then can talk about style.  All these guys are trying to maximize their numbers so let's see where they land.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Why does it have to mean anything?  Why does he have to say anything?  No one else has.  JJ hasn't said anything.  Bogi hasn't.  DJ commented that it was going to be a crazy offseason but said nothing of the Hawks and the lottery.  Why is it only an issue that Trae hasn't said anything?  And why are we drawing conclusions from such?  

Listen dude... I need to be very clear and very explicit here because we love our polarizing conversations on the Squawk.

There are people reading into this because they WANT Trae to unhappy/unsupportive.  There are people who are assuming Trae doesn't want to rebuild and doesn't care about the pick. There are people who are linking this to all of the BS trade rumors and media hype. 

None of these things has me curious.  On a scale of 1 - 10, my interest in any of that is -100.  I know it's a crazy idea, but there can be more than just the binary school of thought that Trae does/doesn't want to be here.  

That said...

There are a lot of logical reasons why Trae needs to make some kind of comment/reaction.  We've never had the #1 pick before, it's a big deal, and his franchise is celebrating it like crazy over social media.  We might also be looking at the very thing we've been pining for for years.  It also sets up a ton of intrigue because we can also trade that pick and get him the help he desperately desires - that he has been vocal about for many years now.

I don't think I've drawn a definitive conclusion.  I think I've said repeatedly that I don't know what it means - if it means anything at all.  I certainly have made absolutely no mention of any named prospect in relation to Trae and how he feels.  It's a big moment for Atlanta sports, beyond that for the franchise.  The organization is selling it all over social media and the face of the franchise, who always has something to say, got nothing?

There is something to this. It could be something as small as Trae doesn't want to send the wrong message or the Hawks and Trae talking it out. It could be as big as the front office asking the team not to give the rumor mill any fuel prior to the draft.  I can think of a billion reasons why he hasn't said anything.  None of those reasons are, "It's not necessary for him to comment/react."

I find it interesting that he hasn't.  Nothing more. Nothing less.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have finally caught up in this thread. Thought I'd give myself a breather after last night. You all have outdone yourself. Congratulations 🎊  :laugh1:

.....and then I saw this. I am on the floor, literally. :lmao: :laugh1::lmao::laugh1:

Some of these posts have me rolling… lmao

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

You should actually watch his run.  Clunky isn't the word to describe it.  It's the most unathletic looking run I think I've ever seen.  Also, his agility lane drill looked like shit.  He can't keep his head up and do it.  I think it's because he has to be looking where he's going or else he's going to bust his ass open on the floor.  

lmao

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don’t even like edey but saying he didn’t have a good day is laughable. No need to push this agenda when we were never taking him and now absolutely won’t even sniff him 

he has a very good day showing off his mobility and touch at that size. 

The guy is slower than shit and is completely unathletic.  

• Like 1