• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

John Hollinger thinks that.  Hmmm…have we ever seen KG and Hollinger in the same room?

Too bad we kinda can't take Holland because Sarr is closer to helping us, as is.  Holland will need some developmental years that we can't afford.

To be clear, I think Sarr will be impactful too.

And, it's obvious whether or not I'm Hollinger....

😏 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m all in.

Don't back out or say its the Hawks management fault. Ya'll was right there with them encouraging this bad decision. This will get Landry fired. 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Not that I subscribe to crazy supes-isms, I wanna go on record and say I think it's possible the Holland guy ends up being the best player out of this draft...... 

I don't see the mental acuity needed to be an all star but of all these guys, I trust him the most to produce at a high level. Just that I see Crash and while I always liked Crash. I never saw him as a star ever. 

Gerald Wallace for the kids is who I am referring to. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Don't back out or say its the Hawks management fault. Ya'll was right there with them encouraging this bad decision. This will get Landry fired. 

image.gif.e5bac98563a9991f83a7f915e724a8e3.gif

image.gif.9b78d75c79c57b31191d5c5f9218697a.gif

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 3

Garnett has so much offensive pop

Even looking at his rookie lows and highs, Sarr don't have none of this

Stop playing with KG. Even as a rookie, he was a problem offensively. He never sucked offensively. Sarr might be better defensively, maybe clearly better at this stage, KG offensively was good Even out of HS. 

The Bulls game should just move your expectations off KG for good. His post ups completely shit on Sarr. Sarr posts up like Chriss. Like Chriss, he's not a big man

Edited by NBASupes

52 minutes ago, KB21 said:

image.jpeg.c2f8f846584ce7645d55c1412399e890.jpeg

He doesn’t want you to know, but everything he’s saying about Alex Sarr, he also said it about this guy who is now one of the best bigs in the league and a perennial DPOY candidate.  

As I stated in the other thread. The gap between JJJ and Sarr offensively is massive. 

Defensively, I'll give the edge to Sarr as I really don't like JJJ defense and definitely didn't think he was the best defensive player on his own team. That was Adams who never gets credit. Westbrook won MVP of his back. 

Sarr defense, I find to he more functional for the most part even if JJJ at least is average at big man things on D. 

Offensively, the gap is insane. JJJ is massively better than Sarr. Its the same gap between him and Sarr that's between former Hawk Tyrone Wallace and prime Jeremy Lin. JJJ is massively better on offense. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Hollinger is gonna live or die by that Holland article.. Hollinger is also extremely overrated

Holland doesn’t not give me good defender vibes 

It’s almost like you messed up the names but you didn’t. 🧐 After reading this a few times I forgot who Hollinger was.. :upsidedown:

• Haha 4

It won't let me link it for some reason, but Rafael Barlowe's post lottery mock draft has Atlanta take Sarr, obviously.  Some other very interesting picks, IMO:

OKC taking Kel'el Ware at 12.  That's a tremendous fit, and it's just a wealth of long athletic riches with that team.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I find it interesting there is a consensus #1 after all the BS talk about there being none and this draft is weak

Https://www.nba.com/news/2024-consensus-mock-draft

I think you might have to look at big boards versus mocks.  

Mocks project who you think a team will take in their spot.  Big boards are your ratings in a vaccum on a player.  

It makes sense that mocks would increase the amount of consensus after the lottery since the team, its GM, its coach, and its roster are known.  The Hawks need frontcourt help like crazy and don't control their draft pick for the next 3 years.  The idea of grabbing the guy considered to be the highest upside frontcourt player makes a lot of sense and the reports coming out from Hawks media after the lottery were that Sarr was on top of the Hawks board before the lottery took place.

• Thanks 1