• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: " Hawks need to trade Trae Young"

Hawkmoor

The main thing I gather is the Hawks have OPTIONS.  Trae has trade value:

Bradley’s Buzz: Winning lottery hands Hawks a way to trade Trae Young

"The Hawks need a guard who isn’t Trae Young. They should trade him for something – future draft slots would be most welcome – and use this draft to find Murray a new partner. Or they can take a big man – Clint Capela also needs a new home – and bump Bogdan Bogdanovic back to the first five. Before Sunday, the Hawks mostly faced bad choices. Now they have real options."

https://www.ajc.com/sports/mark-bradley/bradleys-buzz-winning-lottery-hands-hawks-a-way-to-trade-trae-young/EGNKDM6HCBEN3HSGCXASXFP3EA/

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The fact that Mark Bradley is advocating for something (anything at all) is all the proof I need that my opposite position is correct.  Between him, Jeff Schultz, and Terrance Moore, the AJC back in the day had the market cornered on hilariously bad sports takes.  

Growth is willing to change even when you don't agree with change.

5040ca5769bedd0e05000047?width=800&forma

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The fact that Mark Bradley is advocating for something (anything at all) is all the proof I need that my opposite position is correct.  Between him, Jeff Schultz, and Terrance Moore, the AJC back in the day had the market cornered on hilariously bad sports takes.  

Spot on...

The Atlanta media has NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER HAD GOOD TAKES

When they publish a take or viewpoint you run the opposite way

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There are no bounds to the insanity of this view.  

Agreed.  Let's trade a top 15 (arguably better than that) player in the league who loves being in Atlanta, continues working to improve his game each year, and involves his teammates for the hopes that we get another player that eventually becomes that.  Trae has his flaws, but trading him essentially makes us a worse team or at best, the same level team.  We don't have all our own draft picks so you're not bottoming out and rebuilding.  The takes on trade him for picks make no sense unless you simply get our own picks back from SA. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Agreed.  Let's trade a top 15 (arguably better than that) player in the league who loves being in Atlanta, continues working to improve his game each year, and involves his teammates for the hopes that we get another player that eventually becomes that.  Trae has his flaws, but trading him essentially makes us a worse team or at best, the same level team.  We don't have all our own draft picks so you're not bottoming out and rebuilding.  The takes on trade him for picks make no sense unless you simply get our own picks back from SA. 

Yep.  The other aspect of it is this.  People have bitched that we got the top pick in a draft where no one wants the top pick, yet they say trade Trae for more picks in this same draft that no one wants to be a part of along with future picks who are 50/50 propositions at best.  

There are a couple of things at play here.  First, there are several who simply do not like Trae and refuse to acknowledge that he's a top player in the NBA.  Second, there are some who prefer the unknown and love being in the lottery year after year.  That's the only reason to support such a stupid philosophy such as tanking.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  The other aspect of it is this.  People have bitched that we got the top pick in a draft where no one wants the top pick, yet they say trade Trae for more picks in this same draft that no one wants to be a part of along with future picks who are 50/50 propositions at best.  

There are a couple of things at play here.  First, there are several who simply do not like Trae and refuse to acknowledge that he's a top player in the NBA.  Second, there are some who prefer the unknown and love being in the lottery year after year.  That's the only reason to support such a stupid philosophy such as tanking.  

I've honestly tried my best to ignore the trade Trae comments.  Until Trae asks for a trade, I can't see why the Hawks entertain such a proposal.  Stay off Bleacher Report Communities too.  The insanity and lack of coherence of trade Trae is next level there.  At least most posters here are knowledgeable, respectful and true Hawks fans.  The idiocy there is painful and frankly gives Hawks fans a bad rep.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The quick and dirty response is that they aren't going to trade Trae unless Trae asks out.  Landry and these guys are not stupid, and as much as you feel Ressler is cheap as an owner, he knows Trae is a cash cow for him.  Trae will only be traded if he asks out, and to some's dismay, Alex Sarr is a player that will likely want Trae to stay and not push him out.  

Couldn't agree more.  I also don't think Trae is pushing for a trade behind the scenes.  I think he's laying the foundation that if things don't change he might do that in the future, but not yet. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

If you agree with anything AJC or Atlanta radio, you're wrong. Irrelevant media grasping for attention. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Bradley is truly the worst when it comes to Hawks takes.  Can't believe he's still employed honestly. 

10 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Mark Bradley...  Y'know, I just instinctively lol'd when I initially read this thread.  Then I sat down and thought about it...and REALLY lol'd.  I wonder if there's a lot of teams that deal with local writers like him or if it's just a Hawks thing that we have such a hometown hater. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If SA offered 4 and 8 this year plus our 2025 and 2027 back, I would do it in a second. 

And then what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1