• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A trade that might be in the works.

KB21

Of course you know, nothing will come out about this on the Hawks side. This is information that might be coming out of the other potential trading partner. I've gotten word from a couple of Indianapolis Sports Writers that the Pacers and the Hawks could be discussing a deal. The principle players in the deal are possibly:

Indiana Gets -- Jason Terry and a signed Stephen Jackson

Atlanta Gets -- Al Harrington, Jamaal Tinsley, and Scott Pollard

These guys tell me that Indiana would really like to get Jason Terry, and that the only thing that held up a Jason Terry for Al Harrington trade at the deadline was Terry's BYC status.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my opinion is that Harrington is more of a four than a three. He's versatile enough to play both, but I think he would be more comfortable as a four. Harrington is around 6'9", 250 lbs. The Hawks aren't really looking for a guy who is a banger down low. They want a four that can play out in the high post and run the floor.

Knight really likes Harrington though. He was the guy that convinced Donnie Walsh to draft him in Indiana.

DO IT!

Scot Pollard gives us a respectable center for the east.

I don't really like Tinsley, but if he learns to shoot

he is a more worthy player than JT because he is a real

PG. Harrington gives us a good SF.

PG:Jamal Tinsley

SG:Josh Childress

SF:Al Harrington

PF:Kenyon Martin

C:Scot Pollard

If we get Kenyton that would be awesome.

The Hawks aren't keeping Jackson so basically we trade

Jason Terry for Tinsley/Al/Pollard. We would be dumbasses

not to pull the trigger on this.

yeah I would do this in a heartbeat also. I have issues with Tinsley, but he is certainly no worse than JT and can run a better offense. Then on top of that we get Pollard who really is a pretty good center. He won't ever be the focal point of any offense, but can handle his own and play good D. Harrington joins our slew of swingman, but I guess he's basically a freebie in this deal. We can use him as a mobile 4.

I no longer think we'll be getting KMart, but this is a deal well worth doing regardless.

In case no one's noticed, we need a center and a power forward...

I just don't want us to also throw in future 1st rounders

Yea lets do it, i mean these guys can really hit the three and all of our points will be jumpers, these guys are serious jump shooters and can hit shots from all around the court, lets do it please. Please Knight will be an idiot to make this deal, even Tyrone Corbin can shoot better than these guys. Except maybe Childress, my god a rookie will come in here and will automatically be a better shooter than any of those fools.

Oh my bad I thought I saw JT and Jax in our lineup.

Considering that Jax has said Indiana is his top choice and JT has said in the past that he would play for them, it really makes sense. I know that we are hoping that Al will blow up like Jermaine, but I dont really see it happening. I think his problem is that he is a true tweener. Really too slow to be an effective SF and too small to be an effective PF.

Getting Tinsley would be nice as he is more of a pure PG, but we will be a horrible shooting team with him and Diaw on the court at the same time. What also scares me about him is that he hasnt gotten better since his rookie year at all.

Pollard wouldnt be more than an athletic guy who can slide between the 4 and 5 off the bench for us.

Unless Tinsley or Harrington blows up I think we lose on this deal (if you consider Jax as a Hawk). However, if we are just letting Jax go, then this deal is a good one as it will almost wipe the Babcock slate clean.

This is the kind of information that we need to be discussing on the board. This is not fantasy, out the blue, whatever I can imagine trade proposals.

These are rumors coming from credible sources. These are the trade proposals we need to be discussing.

All the other fantasy trade proposal stuff and discussion is a waste of time.

Now about the possible trade......I would do this trade in a heart beat. I like this proposal.

JT takes alot of 3pt shots but he is NOT a good shooter.

40%fg

33% in three's

Those are NOT good numbers. The only thing JT really

fills up is the scoring part of the game. Harrington

put up good numbers as a 6th man on one of the better

teams in the east. Pollard is what the Hawks need for

a big man for right now. If JT was a smarter player I'd

be more in his favor and I'd want to keep him. It boils

down to basketball IQ.... JT doesn't have it.

Is he signed long-term? Also, does anyone know the contract details of Pollard and Tinsley, or where I can find that information?

This trade is interesting. I think it makes more sense if Harrington can actually play the 4, Leaving Diaw and the Smiths to fill in at the 3.

Most of us project the Hawks to be a bad O team and this deal would make us a very bad O team. None of the three guys (harrington, Tinsley, Pollard) can shoot adequately from the outside and I believe that all three are somewhat injury prone. Outside shooting should be a priority for a team that wants to run the floor and this trade takes us back in that regard. We need guys who can stop and pop and none of these three can do that. I don't think Harrington can play the 4 spot on a regular basis and I don't think Harrington is an improvement on the 3 spot over a healthy CC. With the holes in our lineup, our pg will have to score and Tinsley cannot do this on a regular basis. I justs don't like this deal though the deal probably makes the Pacers the clear team to beat in the EC.

the only reason i like this trade is depth of good solid players and a bit of potential in Harrington. But I say a "bit" of potential because of his narrowing window of highschooler-breakingout timeframe is closing.

but why are we going for another SF? Diaw, Smith, Smith, Crawford and even Childress can all play the three. WE HAVE OPENINGS AT CENTER AND PF!

but if harrington can bulk up to play the four OR if Knight plans on starting Harrington at the 3, signing Kmart at the 4, scrub at center, then maybe that could work.. but what with all the other SFs?

Harrington

2005 - $6,250,000

2006 - $6,875,000

Tinsley

2005 - $1,554,326

2006 - $2,305,066 (qualifying offer)

Pollard

2005 - $5,792,250

2006 - $6,274,937

JT

2005 - $7,000,000

2006 - $7,750,000 (roughly...didnt show exact numbers)

So thats what we will be taking back. None of them are signed longer than JT is, so we really arent losing that much. They wont be giving Jax a big contract going by this trade either it seems which is interesting. So basically we would be giving Jax an equivalent contract to JT and the shipping him to the Pacers.

Man the Pacers will be scary with JT, Jax, Artest, Oneil, ??

My question is this then: Why would the Pacers be able to get by with Terry's ballhandling/distributing deficiencies where as the Hawks can not? Indiana would not have another ballhandler in the line-up if Artest and Jackson start, or Miller for that matter. Maybe Bender, but that is asking alot of him.

I think that they believe they can make up for his ball handling deficiencies because of the talent level of their other players. I am sure that they realize that JT isnt a top PG, but he is a very good scorer and thats something that they need help with.

• Premium Member

Like i have said on Numerous occassions this is the deal for us... Followed up by Harrington to Orlando for Nelson/Gooden.

Look at the team:

Nelson/Tinsley/Ivey

Childress/D. Smith

Diaw/J. Smith

Gooden/CC/Hendu

Pryz/Collier

Young talent. Give it time to grow.