• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nuggets are making a mistake.

KB21

Not only does it appear that Denver may agree to give Kenyon Martin a long term deal at the max. They are also discussing giving New Jersey future first round picks in this deal. Hawks fans should know what giving up future first round picks for overpaid players can do for you. IMO, if they do this, all of the positive moves they have done over the past two years could be counter acted. I'm really glad Billy Knight is not willing at all to give up draft picks to get Martin.

Look for something to happen between the Hawks and Stromile Swift soon. Billy drafted Swift, and he still has a lot of faith that Swift will become an outstanding player in the league. Memphis wants to hold Swift to see if they can get something done with Golden State to get Eric Dampier. The Warriors don't have a need for Swift, so nothing is happening on that front. The Hawks may jump into this thing by offering Jason Terry to Golden State. The deal could go:

Golden State: Jason Terry

Memphis: Eric Dampier

Atlanta: Stromile Swift and Shane Battier

If we are going to trade Terry to the Griz then we need a point guard back in return, either Troy Bell or the guy from UCLA who's name escapes me (apparently West loves the guy). Battier isn't really a need at this point.

I think we are better off keeping Terry then trading him for Swift, especially if Harrington can play power forward.

Battier has no need in this team. We have Harrington, Childress, J-Smith, Donta Smith and he will just delay the growth of these 3 young bucks. Swift is surely needed and I think we might be able to lure him with a nice contract. Swift nor Battier are difference makers and JT is, JT can make or break a game, these guys can't.

Yeah he has made a few nice clutch shots in his career, but he isnt a deciding factor in games for whatever reason. His talent level says that he should be.......but we have all seen him disappear in far too many games to believe that he is a game changer.........unless you consider him to be more of a game changer negatively for us.

• Premium Member

I really believe K-Marts skills reap off of Jason Kidd. Yes, he's a pretty good PF but he is not work the max.

I hope the Devner deal goes through because while I would like to have him in Atlanta that is just too much money to give up.

Denver has Nene who is really developing and he is no K-Mart but they have a good young player already why do this?

I hope BK is going to be able to sign Bob Sura, he is the glue that held this team together after the trades.

kenyon martin is 100% NOT a product of Jason Kidd. He was a number one overall pick and was solid BEFORE Kidd got there. Keep in mind he had only been in league like 2 years (and one of those he was out with a broken leg) before Jason got there. He was dominant at Cincinatti.

Don't get me wrong, with the signing of Harrington, I'm more against getting him at the max at this point. But I keep hearing that whole not-good-without-Kidd thing and that is ridiculous. You may say his offense is helped by Kidd but Kidd doesn't make Kenyon play defense or rebound.

LOL, whats so funny Dolfan. If you read the post the way I meant it then you will understand. I never said JT will make or break every game, but he will make or break games....not every game. And also I said Battier nor Swift are game breakers, JT is....now again just because I say JT is a game breaker I dont mean every game. Smart a$$

I like JT......but if we could get Swift and Battier for him the trade is a no brainer. Swift and Harrington would make us VERY dynamic in our front court and Battier is an excellent defender and good shooter who knows how to play the game.

I would really like this deal. On the other post concerning Dampier and Van Exel, mentions we may end up with Van Exel as well for at least one year. Any thoughts or info on this?

• Premium Member

Quote:

kenyon martin is 100% NOT a product of Jason Kidd. He was a number one overall pick and was solid BEFORE Kidd got there.

Kmart was also a questionable #1 like Joe Smith and Kwame... The point is that Kidd does make a great difference for Kmart. When you actually sit down and watch him play, you realize that in the halfcourt set, his game is weak. Kmart needs the guard who can push the tempo to a run game. Maybe Andre' Miller can do that. Still, that's what Kidd did...

Quote:

Quote:

kenyon martin is 100% NOT a product of Jason Kidd. He was a number one overall pick and was solid BEFORE Kidd got there.

[/indent]

Didn't he get hurt and miss most of his first season w/ Steph? Therefore we will never know if he is a product of Kidd or not, until they are seperated/

Quote:

kenyon martin is 100% NOT a product of Jason Kidd.

Totally agreed with:

Kmart is a all out player. No outside shot, not a big deal. He does the dirty work and does it well. When was the last time we had a player like that?

Kevin Willis, maybe I am wrong and we had someone of that caliber after Willis. I do not remember and Willis sticks in my mind.

Kidd may help him score. But heck, if that's the case, I guess Jefferson's scoring would be in question as well. Point guards are suppose to help players score, its their job. So as long as Kenyon is with a point guard who knows how to pass, he will continure to average 15 to 16 pts a night.

And the man will always be on the glass, down low doing the dirty work. He actually makes Kidd look good there, with his outlet passes.

He is a solid player man, and will be, barring injury, for a few more years to come.