• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the Mystery Big Man

Rexhawk

• Premium Member

I think it could be Camby and frankly I don't think it would take much. Denver can't have Nene/Camby/K-mart on that roster. The most expendible player is Camby who is 32 years old (3/22/74) and has an injury history.

I have mixed feelings about Camby. How much longer can he be the "long, lean athletic" center he is and just gets too old to be that anymore?

I would rather us suffer another losing season and keep cap room to go after Chris Kaman in next year's FA to fill the center hole.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what some of you are looking for and what the Hawks are looking for are two different things.

Based on the comments I've heard from Mike, Billy, Bernie, and Michael Gearon Jr., the Hawks have absolutely no desire to put Zaza Pachulia on the bench. They do have a desire to get someone that can play behind him and keep him from having to play 35 minutes a night.

Quote:

I think it could be Camby and frankly I don't think it would take much. Denver can't have Nene/Camby/K-mart on that roster. The most expendible player is Camby who is 32 years old (3/22/74) and has an injury history.

I have mixed feelings about Camby. How much longer can he be the "long, lean athletic" center he is and just gets too old to be that anymore?

I would rather us suffer another losing season and keep cap room to go after Chris Kaman in next year's FA to fill the center hole.

Now you're talking. NExt year's FA class is serious. We could get a PG of the future in Ridnour/Hinrich or go for a big man like Kaman.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Now you're talking. NExt year's FA class is serious. We could get a PG of the future in Ridnour/Hinrich or go for a big man like Kaman.

That's exactly the three players I want us to go after. Hinrich/Kaman and failing Hinrich go for Ridnour. Both of them are better PGs than Claxton and Kaman would probably be an All-star for us.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's exactly the three players I want us to go after. Hinrich/Kaman and failing Hinrich go for Ridnour. Both of them are better PGs than Claxton and Kaman would probably be an All-star for us.

It would be funny if it was Deke. Has he offically said he's retired? I wouldn't mind terribly. He can give 18MPG and finish out his career in Atlanta.

• Premium Member

Camby is a good wish, but Denver would have been pulled the trigger on Kmart to NY for Francis before they trade away Camby. Denver was talking Camby for AI but that's the only talk that I have heard Denver talking about losing Camby... But whatever makes Hawks fans sleep.

I'm saying that the environment is right for Lue/2nd for Dalembert.

It's good that Dalembert is in Cheek's doghouse.

It's good that Mike Woodson has coached Dalembert before.

It's good that Dalembert is a young big who specializes in defense.

It's good that Dalembert has spent the summer travelling with JChillz.

I'm saying if Mike Woodson likes Dalembert, it might be a good deal for us to lock up the C position.

Quote:

Camby is a good wish, but Denver would have been pulled the trigger on Kmart to NY for Francis before they trade away Camby. Denver was talking Camby for AI but that's the only talk that I have heard Denver talking about losing Camby... But whatever makes Hawks fans sleep.

I'm saying if Mike Woodson likes Dalembert, it might be a good deal for us to lock up the C position.

It's not going to be Dally.

I think when Bernie is talking about success and good and all that he's just doing his job... Wasn't we supposed to get a really good young backup center last year? It turned out to be John who had/has no chance of being a good young center.

I don't think it will be quite as bad ofa player this go around... But it will not be a near impact player either.

Stromile is more than likely who it is. I wouldn't be surprised if Billy hasn't already talked with West and Stromile Swift. He might have told West he would take Swift off of his hands once the deal with Indy is over. Bernie stated it was someone who has played well over the past 5years. You can argue whether or not Swift is a good player but he is someone that is fairly known because he was a high draft pick and he has only been in the league about 6years. He would be a solid backup which seems like what Knight and company or looking for to play behind ZaZa.

Quote:

Quote:

It's not going to be Dally.

I think when Bernie is talking about success and good and all that he's just doing his job... Wasn't we supposed to get a really good young backup center last year? It turned out to be John who had/has no chance of being a good young center.

I don't think it will be quite as bad ofa player this go around... But it will not be a near impact player either.

good point..it may not be anyone really all that good anyway..someone of a danny fortson caliber or less but not quite as bad as edwards..our own little popeye jones if you will.

Quote:

Much of the same could be said about Swift.

He's in the doghouse ? with Memphis, or will be if he keeps avoiding the coach.

He's fed up and doesn't want to be there.

BK drafted him and he's an athletic big who can run the floor and block shots.

Question would be, how would we obtain him?

1. Dalembert is overpaid. He should be getting about half of what he makes. (if that) To this point, BK has shown he absolutely will NOT take on any overpriced players.

2. The perverbial doghouse. Do you really want to bring in a player at that price that has shown he can earn his way on the pine?

3. He does not understand the game. He is a great athelete, but thats about it. He has little to no offensive game to speak of. I feel the player who replaced him (Steven Hunter) is just about as good and has a much cheaper price tag.

4. The price to get him. I very seriously doubt Lue and 2nd rounder is going to do it. Yes his value is low, but given Philly's commitment to him last year, I can't see him going for basically nothing.

5. The court ruling. Dalembert has 5 years left on his deal. Unless you know something I don't, we cannot take a contract back that long per the court ruling. This reason above all else should rule out all conversation about aquiring Samuel Dalembert.

• Premium Member

Quote:

...he could be a guy Billy is targeting. He fits what the Hawks need in a back up center for Zaza, and he's got a very manageable deal.

So you pay your starter $4 Mil per season and your backup $10 mil per season?

Quote:

Quote:

...he could be a guy Billy is targeting. He fits what the Hawks need in a back up center for Zaza, and he's got a very manageable deal.

So you pay your starter $4 Mil per season and your backup $10 mil per season?

he was talking about Hunter.

• Premium Member

Quote:

1. Dalembert is overpaid. He should be getting about half of what he makes. (if that) To this point, BK has shown he absolutely will NOT take on any overpriced players.

JJ is overpaid. Sometimes you overpay for specialized players. Moreover, if you look on the Center pay scale... how overpaid is he... Name some players who can match Dalembert in Rebs/minute and blocks/minute who are cheaper than Dalembert and NOT ON THEIR ROOKIE CONTRACT?

Quote:

2. The perverbial doghouse. Do you really want to bring in a player at that price that has shown he can earn his way on the pine?

The relationship that Dalembert has with Cheeks should not effect weather or not we persue him... That's bad logic. If that were the case, Phoenix would have never persued and obtained Boris Diaw. Wasn't Diaw in the doghouse?

Quote:

3. He does not understand the game. He is a great athelete, but thats about it. He has little to no offensive game to speak of. I feel the player who replaced him (Steven Hunter) is just about as good and has a much cheaper price tag.

We're not looking for the smartest big man. Were looking for the most effective big man. If we're looking for the smartest big man then we need to start getting that SAT exam before acquiring players.

Quote:

The price to get him. I very seriously doubt Lue and 2nd rounder is going to do it. Yes his value is low, but given Philly's commitment to him last year, I can't see him going for basically nothing.

If all these otehr points that you make are true.. and he's that much of an embarrassment to Philly... Then getting him for Lue and a 2nd is a steal for Philly. They in essence dump a bad contract. Your points are starting to fight one another. You can't tell me that you hate your car and want to desperately get rid of it and when I make an offer you say Not enough. Lue/2nd is all we should offer... Anything else, we get somebody like Cato.

Quote:

The court ruling. Dalembert has 5 years left on his deal. Unless you know something I don't, we cannot take a contract back that long per the court ruling. This reason above all else should rule out all conversation about aquiring Samuel Dalembert.

This is the most legitimate point that you make... However, even with this being true... how do you describe the hold up in the Al deal? Do you mean to tell me that you really belive that a 3 million dollar cash is going to hurt the Pacers that much? BK is the hold up.