• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How can anyone in their right mind believe that

Admin

Mihm is worth ANYWHERE near what Bynum should be worth to us? Bynum has the chance to be a very special player in this league, whereas Mihm will NEVER be anymore than average at best. Bynum showed flashes of greatness last year and if we could get him and filler for Al we damn sure better take that deal all day long.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Mihm put up a mediocre 10/6 on a team with no other good big man. He's a really, really, good player and has shown it his entire career.

So now, Odom is no good?

That's beside the point... Here's a point for you to naw on hots...

When Mihm went down with Injury... Couldn't none of LAL's big match what he was doing. Not Kwame Brown, Not Bynum, not Cook.

IF Bynum is so good, why couldn't he match old mediocre Mihm?

Bynum was an 18 year old rookie straight of of high school and Kwame is a bum...Those 2 things don't make Mihm good..

I don't think Mihm is any better or worse that what we already have..The difference between him and Bynum is potential..Bynum may grow into something special, we already know what Mihm is..

• Premium Member

I've never said that that made Mihm good.

I have asked the question what Makes Bynum worth giving up Al and Chillz and nobody seems to want to give an answer other than... "He dunked on Shaq".

The rest of the time, I hear all this heeing and hawing about how young he is. You guys need to get a grip...

Let me let you in on a secret.

More liable to be a bust in the NBA more than any other position is the Center position.

You always have your Eddy Curry's, Stephen Hunters, and Big Jakes... However, Hawksquawk is totally, totally head over heels fascinated with a guy simply because he is young and has no track record.

If I was raising up a basketball playing big, I would send him off to Europe, change his name to Frednischky Blilitznokov.. and would never let him workout for anybody. I guarantee, he'd be the first picked in the draft and most wanted in the NBA!! Because of all the guys who are willing to give up everything for an unknown.

I think Bynum's worth a gamble, but I don't think people have a proper perspective on his upside. I followed his college recruitment closely from the UNC perspective, and frankly my hope was that he would be a Brendan Haywood type, rather than a dominating Shaq kind of force. I thought he'd be a really good college player, but was concerned that even opn the college level he'd struggle for a while.

I'm with Deisel on this, there's nothing about Bynum that indicates he has the skill or mindset to be an All Star type center. If true, that's fine, I wouldn't mind having a guy like Haywood on the team. But Mihm is a sure thing in the middle, and he HAS improved greatly in his career. I would roll the dice on Bynum, but if we opted for Mihm instead, I would fully understand the reasoning.

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/andrewbynum.asp

Strengths: A HUGE physical presence. Andrew is the biggest and strongest high school center to arrive in some time. Bynum is a legit 7 footer with great mobility. Offensively Bynum has a small but solid set of post moves, including a very effective baby hook. He is very good at backing down players into the low post and ending with a slam or short hook…Defensively, Bynum is a load in the paint. Although not a prolific shot blocker, Bynum is adept at altering shots and forcing teams to shoot the outside shot. However, he is yet to face a player his size, so his one on one defense has not been truly tested…With time he should develop into an excellent shot blocker…The thing to remember here is that players with his size and mobility are a rarity.

Weaknesses: Raw is the word. While he has been productive in high school, the NBA is a different world. He will be facing players his size on a regular basis. Offensively, his footwork needs much tooling…he rarely shoots the ball outside of the paint. His size won't allow him to dominate like he did in HS. He could really use a small set jumper or another post move. In addition his passing out of the post is very poor and his understanding of defenses is an area of need...Defensively, he needs to move his feet more and become more active. As a rebounder he needs to learn to get in proper position and not rely on his size and athleticism. Additionally, he must stop picking up silly fouls, especially on the offensive end…Lastly, there have been concerns about his weight and conditioning.

Notes: Bynum is a physical marvel…If he works at his game, he could really become a special player. However, this same type of talk was also said of DeSagana Diop

-Savneet Singh 6/27/05

Quote:

However, after studying the tape, Winter offered the truth. The 7-1 Bynum had “a couple of really good games,” Winter said, but the 84-year-old guru came away with questions about Bynum’s intensity, his lack of “fire in the belly. His energy is a question.”

Winter also raised questions about Bynum’s quickness, his reaction to the ball, to events on the floor.

Sure the kid has a lot of potential, but that's something that could be said about me 10 years ago. Tex Winter questioning "reaction to the ball, to events on the floor" spells poor basketball IQ to me. Shooting 8-27 from the line doesn't really seem like a good sign either.

He is huge and in 3-4-5 years he could be Diop-like. Sure he would be a nice project to have around, get him some serious playing time in the D-league and see where that would get him. Getting someone like him thrown in as a extra in a Al trade would be nice. But trading Harrington AND Childress for him (like someone here proposed) is about the most stupid thing I've read in ages.

No need for a Mihm either after the Wright signing. The Indiana deal BK want's seems just fine. A pick in the 2007 draft and cap for FA signings next offseason is good, a project (like Bynum) a nice bonus.

• Premium Member

My feelings exactly.

We're talking about giving up too much for this guy.. Maybe not everybody is talking about giving up too much, but I heard Walter say: Al/Chillz for Bynum/Filler... To me, that's too much. IF Bynum were part of the Al deal without Chillz, fine.. But to me, I think that Chillz is an asset that can be used elsewhere at another time. Especially when you consider that there's nothing about Bynum screaming allstar.

• Moderators

I think Bynum would definitely play better than $3 million. I think this is just all hype but why take a future first round draft pick where we will probably draft some kind of project and start developing him in 2007 or 2008 or get a 7'1" project who has already started developing in the NBA.

If we could get Bynum and only give up Al that'd be great, but I don't see that happening.

Quote:

That's a decent question. If Bynum really is on the table would we get a better prospect in a draft pick?

2005 there were Gerald Green (18th), Johan Petro (25th) and Spurs french project Ian Mahinmi (28th) among others.

2004 there were a certain Josh Smith at 17, JR Smith at 18 and if we're talking about bigs then Podkolzine (21st) and Vareajo (30th).

Too early to tell of course, but at the moment it looks like Vareajo and Petro would be better prospects than Bynum. (Talking about the C prospects picked in last couple of years). Best thing would of course be to get BOTH a pick and a prospect (like Bynum) in the Al S&T.

• Premium Member

Let's see..

Bynum vs. Noah...

I'd take Noah.

Bynum vs. Oden...

I don't know yet...

Bynum vs. Hawes...

I don't know yet.

Bynum vs. Hansbrough

Give me Hansbrough.

Bynum vs. Thaebeet..

I can't wait to see this Thaebeet kid play. He's already bigger than Deke was an more agile (so they say)...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Where did Chillz come from in the argument?.

Here's where Chillz came from

Quote:

I recommend an Al/JC for Bynum/ending contracts such as Mckie/Cook/Williams (they may want to keep Mihm for one year) swap. Al is all but useless to us now, equating to at best a mid-mid/late 1st rd pick, but to LA he has definate value. Essentially, for us it is a mid-mid/late 1st and Chill for Bynum.

-Walt

Quote:

For once Walter, I agree with you. That would give us a crew of young guys for years to come.

-Dr. Reality

Quote:

'd strongly consider that move, and if it happened, i wouldn't be upset

i'd hate losing chill; he's one of my fave players, but bynum is one of the few players that could possibly be worth it

-Nick