Boris Diaw a 10 million dollar player?

Johnnybravo4

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...diaw_extension/

You have go to be kidding me? If Phoenix pays Diaw even the 8 million per year number they have lost their mind. With Amare coming back, they will see Diaw's numbers and effectiveness diminish. If they pay him 10 million that he wants I will troll the Phoenix board until they beg for mercy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...diaw_extension/

You have go to be kidding me? If Phoenix pays Diaw even the 8 million per year number they have lost their mind. With Amare coming back, they will see Diaw's numbers and effectiveness diminish. If they pay him 10 million that he wants I will troll the Phoenix board until they beg for mercy.

BWWAAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAA!!!!!!

Where is that Phx troll when you need somebody to laugh at?!?!?!

What ever the traffic will bear. That's what he will get.

You don't get if you don't ask.

Offered $8 big ones. Asking $10.

What's he worth? Can they win with him? Can they win

without him? Does he bring what they need?

Despite what the Hawks and all their fans thought of him,

he was a pretty good player here. We just couldn't seem

to make him fit. Like trying to put a round peg in a

square hold.

He moved to a team that fit him and his skills. The rest,

as they say, is history. Round peg. Round hole.

He made a difference for his new team. If he was back

with the Hawks, he still wouldn't fit. Many other teams

would be the same way.

smirk.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well, they say the grass isn't always greener - but in some cases - it's WAY greener. Congrats to Boris, take your $8million and keep playing well. No hard feelings from this Hawks fan.

I agree 110%. Boris played absolutely great last season. Look at his numbers!!!!

Those of you bashing Boris need to get over that, your piseed he went somewhere else and excelled at his game, while he sit on the bench in Atlanta.

Good Grief!

• Moderators

Like him or hate him you have to admit that BK has avoided this kind of spending so far. We paid big for JJ but he is a top tier talent. Whether we can avoid these contracts in the future I don't know.

Boris played great last year but if I were the Suns why not wait and see what offers he gets next summer.

I feel that the Suns have a dilema in that the feeling throughout the league is that Diaw can only be effective playing with Phoenix. Given, that, it would be wise to let him become a free agent and let the market determine his salary.

I'd be really interested to see what offers he'd get from other teams.

Quote:

I feel that the Suns have a dilema in that the feeling throughout the league is that Diaw can only be effective playing with Phoenix. Given, that, it would be wise to let him become a free agent and let the market determine his salary...

I would agree that it's a dilema...the other side of the coin is, he could come out and play as well or better next year and they could end up losing a quality young player for nothing. Not likely they would want to get into a sign-and-trade situation.

My guess is they'll get the job done now. $8m vs. $10m isn't that wide of a gap if both sides are reasonably motivated.

Quote:

BORIS IS AN ALL STAR WAITING TO HAPPEN, A UNIQUE COMBINATION OF SKILLS IN A 6'9'' BODY THAT MAKES HIM DESERVE THAT KIND OF MONEY. WE SHOULDN'T BE MAD AT HIM, AND PERSONALLY I WISH HIM THE BEST. I WILL NOT CRY BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE HIM AND I WILL NOT TALK [censored] ABOUT HIM.

LOL Boris is a classic example of a habitual underachiever playing for a contract

Quote:

LOL Boris is a classic example of a habitual underachiever playing for a contract

I don't think the contract had anything to do with it honestly. He is a guy who folded under pressure here, and got lucky to go to the perfect team for him, and blossomed.

I would expect him to keep playing great if he stays in Phoenix, and to bust (relatively) if he goes just about anywhere else, except Dallas maybe. I think Phoenix knows that their run will not be that long lived with Nash anyhow, so they will pay to keep a good thing going as long as they can. After Nash declines, they can only go as far as Amare takes him.

You have to remember that the real genius in putting that team together (Colangelo) is gone.

"I don't think the contract had anything to do with it honestly. He is a guy who folded under pressure here, and got lucky to go to the perfect team for him, and blossomed. "

Pressure in Atlanta?..Yes, I can see what you mean, after all, being buried on the bench of a 13 win team playing in a sparsely filled arena is alot more stressfull than playing a huge role on a great team deep into the playoffs..

I'm not excusing the guy. I'm saying he folded. He was under pressure here because he was expected to score and play in a way that he was not accustomed to, and there was a sort of awkward standoff between him, the coach, the fanbase etc... and he was our 1st rounder. It's not the pressure of carrying a top franchise, but there was pressure.

In Phoenix he came in as a throw in on a trade that they would have considered a success (2 1st rounders) regardless of his performance, and absolutely nothing was expected of him. If he hadn't scored a single point all season he probably would have gotten less crap from the media than he got here. The coaches saw that he was shy and didn't want to shoot and they made him shoot thousands and thousands of jumpers and were constantly praising him because they saw that he needed the confidence boost. He responded well and fit in perfectly on a team that didn't NEED him to score.