• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin breaks hand (AJC)

txsting

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he got baited. he broke the rules though. check the threads. raunchy.

Pardon Ex....Pardon Ex....Pardon Ex.... shocked.gif

At least put him on probation//////

I'd prefer to see a a couple game suspension instead of being banned. It's not like he went after someone in the stands. Maybe a posted guideline for offenses would work. You know like the substance abuse policy in football. Suspension, couple games second time, and then expulsion.

I appreciate the fact that the board is being policed though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Really bad luck guys..... Hopefully it allows some of your other guys to gain some playing time and contribute more. Truly... The Suns are cursed and you guys just might be cursed by association.

Here's to Marvin's speedy recovery.

Wha? are we not men?

contribute truly? These are the fookin enemies and you and I better get used to it if you want a contending team. We have to defend our own.

"Really bad luck guys?"....Fook U and the horse U rode in on pal...what goes around comes around.

I think it's poor taste and silly. But I think PHX isn't cheering so much for Marvin's injury, but because it might help move our (now Phoenix's) draft pick a little higher. Anything that hurts us helps them. -- Maybe we ought to start Batista, Shelden, and Lo against them, that should take out Amare for another year.

• Moderators

Quote:

I think PHX isn't cheering so much for Marvin's injury, but because it might help move our (now Phoenix's) draft pick a little higher.

Those two items are not mutually exclusive. He is cheering for Marvin's injury and the reason if because it will cause the Hawks to lose more games and potentially increase the value of the pick.

Quote:

Quote:

Really bad luck guys..... Hopefully it allows some of your other guys to gain some playing time and contribute more. Truly... The Suns are cursed and you guys just might be cursed by association.

Wha? are we not men?

contribute truly? These are the fookin enemies and you and I better get used to it if you want a contending team. We have to defend our own.

"Really bad luck guys?"....Fook U and the horse U rode in on pal...what goes around comes around.

Defend our own? Is this an Under-Armor Commercial?

Being a loyal JJ fan I have been in and out of this board since he left. Sorry for messing up your flow.

As far as the childish flame war you are trying to start... I will not take the bait. I watch almost as many Hawks games as I do Suns games. I live in Baltimore and watched both games in DC this year and I flew into Atlanta to watch the Suns/Hawks game also.

Oh well..... I will just stay silent next time.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wha? are we not men?

Defend our own? Is this an Under-Armor Commercial?

Being a loyal JJ fan I have been in and out of this board since he left. Sorry for messing up your flow.

As far as the childish flame war you are trying to start... I will not take the bait. I watch almost as many Hawks games as I do Suns games. I live in Baltimore and watched both games in DC this year and I flew into Atlanta to watch the Suns/Hawks game also.

Oh well..... I will just stay silent next time.

Unlike the troll's earlier post, I didn't see anything wrong with your post. No reason to stop posting if you wish, IMO.

Since I'm Mr. Popular, I'll clear some of the nonsense being said.

First and foremost, I cheered because I now know without a doubt that we will get a high pick this year. I was a little concerned, even with speedy's injury, that the Hawks would win some games this year. But that concern is no longer there. Marvin is a big blow to you guys, so I know everything is ok now.

And make no mistake about it, an entire state and fans all around the country are watching everything that goes on with the Hawks for the very reason I am. Regardless of which Suns fans come here to kiss your butt.

Secondly, Im not your enemy. I don't even know any of you, nor do I loose sleep over whats said here. I didn't break Marvin's hand, so Im not at fault. Don't use me as a scapegoat for your misfortune.

Do I wish an injury on Marvin? Hellz no. I didn't care which way we got a high draft pick. Whether it was an injury, some players getting sick for a little bit, or your coach retiring to become a superhero and wrecking your season.. I don't care. As long as the end result was you guys being on the cusp of something good, but not quite realizing your potential this year.

That curse crap being spewed by some Suns fans is just that.. crap. I live in the real world, not a world of fairies, goblins, and wizards. Our teams haven't won a championship simply because of bad breaks and being outperformed- simple as that. Lets try to leave that cursed nonsense for the movies.

Marvin will be back sooner than you'll know it. Until then enjoy your team for what they are, buck up, and go kick some butt next year.

this actually just lessens our chances of making it to the playoffs as an 8th seed and more likely to be about an 11th or so pick

so this makes it more likely u'll get the pick this year, but it's not gonna be a top 10 pick, as we are still gonna win close to 40 games

i don't think indy will do as well as they hope either, so i really don't think we'll drop more than 4-5 max spots by jumping from ours to indy's

• Moderators

I was as mad as the next guy about him breaking his hand but its just because we all want to see what he can do. Let's come down to earth. Marvin was a backup forward last year and is a 20 year old borderline starter this year. If his being out for a month makes the difference between us being in the playoffs and not then we don't belong there.

Again, its a downer but its not like JJ is out. We are going to have injuries. We can live with this one.

Quote:

I was as mad as the next guy about him breaking his hand but its just because we all want to see what he can do. Let's come down to earth. Marvin was a backup forward last year and is a 20 year old borderline starter this year. If his being out for a month makes the difference between us being in the playoffs and not then we don't belong there.

Again, its a downer but its not like JJ is out. We are going to have injuries. We can live with this one.

JJ's injury would have taken us from a hopeful 16th to the high 20s. This just makes our ceiling lower. Nevertheless, at this point we're all thinking about the ceiling and its hard for us to lose our optimism. A lot of us wer hoping to give the Suns a non-lottery pick. That may be almost impossible now. Where will the points and free throws come from in the first month? More adjustments in December! Thats a lot to swallow.

I think Shelden can get to the line. He's been hitting well there (except at the end of the Wiz game if I remember right). I guess Shelden is a poster-boy for getting what you deserve for staying in school all 4 years. Not only did he get picked high, it looks like he will be starting at the PF - at least for the first month of the season or so.

Shelden and Zaza should be a good 4/5 combination. Marvin's injury hasn't changed that. Hopefully Lo will be solid too. We may be more of a half-court team to start the season but that could work out OK since Speedy will just be getting to know the guys in game situations.

Quote:

First and foremost, I cheered because I now know without a doubt that we will get a high pick this year. I was a little concerned, even with speedy's injury, that the Hawks would win some games this year. But that concern is no longer there. Marvin is a big blow to you guys, so I know everything is ok now.

And make no mistake about it, an entire state and fans all around the country are watching everything that goes on with the Hawks for the very reason I am. Regardless of which Suns fans come here to kiss your butt.

Secondly, Im not your enemy. I don't even know any of you, nor do I loose sleep over whats said here. I didn't break Marvin's hand, so Im not at fault. Don't use me as a scapegoat for your misfortune.

Do I wish an injury on Marvin? Hellz no. I didn't care which way we got a high draft pick. Whether it was an injury, some players getting sick for a little bit, or your coach retiring to become a superhero and wrecking your season.. I don't care. As long as the end result was you guys being on the cusp of something good, but not quite realizing your potential this year.

That curse crap being spewed by some Suns fans is just that.. crap. I live in the real world, not a world of fairies, goblins, and wizards. Our teams haven't won a championship simply because of bad breaks and being outperformed- simple as that. Lets try to leave that cursed nonsense for the movies.

Marvin will be back sooner than you'll know it. Until then enjoy your team for what they are, buck up, and go kick some butt next year.

guy, you need to STFU and leave. there are a couple of classy suns fans that post here but you are not one of them. how would you feel if steve nash got knocked unconscious by an obvoius and premeditated flagrant foul at san antonio or dallas or wherever and the crowd stood up and cheered this injury, and cheered it while he was still lying unconscious on the floor?

the crowd is just cheering because they think they now have a better shot to win the game, right? dude you are completely classless. you are just like the dumbass who cheers an injury to an opposing player in the arena.

please tell me what suns forum you post on so I can troll the f@*k out of it whenever the smallest unlucky thing happens to the suns. please, i'm begging you.

My point is just that the season is long and the team will have to learn to play without key components at any given time. I just believe that we have enough talent on the team that someone(s) can step up while MW is out.

If you don't believe that, then you are folling yourself to think the team is going to contend this year.

• Moderators

Quote:

My point is just that the season is long and the team will have to learn to play without key components at any given time. I just believe that we have enough talent on the team that someone(s) can step up while MW is out.

If you don't believe that, then you are folling yourself to think the team is going to contend this year.

EXACTLY. Quit freaking.

One and only thing bad about JJ coming here is that he brought all these Suns fans on our forum.

That's why we have so many of them(can't you guys find one Phx site somewhere and stop trolling other teams board).

They still miss the guy, and we love him.

Everytime i see a Suns fan here it kind of makes me smile.

Go JJ!!

• Moderators

Quote:

First and foremost, I cheered because I now know without a doubt that we will get a high pick this year.

Like I said, you cheered the fact that our player got injured because you believe it will translate into a higher pick for the Suns.

That is no different than someone cheering for Amare to break both knees because someone wants another team from the West to get higher playoff position than the Suns.

It is the behavior of a troll.

Go away.