• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fan Check

Swatguy

I have always and will always be a hawks fan. People around my town give me a hard time about it because they arent very good, but if they made the playoffs you dont know how great it would be. I dont like the administration of this team but they could make up for it a little with a good draft.

Quote:

Bk and Woody return next season, are you an fan of the Hawks? Do you support the administration? Do you change you namescreen (Ex, ATL, LL you know who you are), again.

How do you feel about it?

sheep.gif

ultimately you root for the jersey, no matter how ugly it is woohoo.gif

May as well stay a fan and watch the soap opera develop. I really don't think ownership will do anything next year about the GM/Coach situation.

Maybe we can get a good draft pick and with other guys developing we can be in the mix next year.

My biggest concern (if we don't get one) is where Oden and Durant go. worried.gif

I would be upset if BK goes cause then some other gm will get to reap the benefits of all BK's hard work when this team takes off. Especially with all the heat BK has taken for building a team the right way.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I would be upset if BK goes cause then some other gm will get to reap the benefits of all BK's hard work when this team takes off. Especially with all the heat BK has taken for building a team the right way.

By the right way, which of the three lottery picks do you think were better than their draft counterparts. Please explain.

W

I am and always will be a fan of Atlanta pro-sports teams. I stuck with the Braves through the late 80s, I can stick with the current Hawks.

That said, I can't stand watching the Hawks right now. The offense is simply dismal. If I were in charge, I would remove both BK and Woody. But I am not, and there are things going on that NONE of us know about behind the scenes (Belkin, finances, and other squabbles within the ASG).

If it came down to whom to remove BK or Woody, I would vote for Woody. I just can't stand his coaching. The article in the AJC either today or yesterday, claims that Woody doesn't play favorites, but the evidence is certainly against that notion. The offense is the least creative in the NBA. Well, everyone knows the knocks against the current head coach.

BK has done a few things right in his tenure, but has made some horrible mistakes, and fallen into some terrible luck. The ownership situation also has to be considered, esp in FA signings.

At any rate, I still cheer for the uniform (unless Belkin gets a hold of the team).

• Moderators

Still a supporter; always a support of the Hawks. I think the administration has not performed at the level it should and that the ownership has hamstrung this team by botching the buyout of Belkin. I am rooting for the ASG to turn it around quickly but fear for the worst with the litigation process.

Quote:

I'll root for the team, not support the administration if its those two bozos, and refuse to buy a ticket or any other Hawks gear until they are gone.

So you protest the administration,won't buy a ticket,willnot were any gear.

But you root for the team. Thats like, I'm a Christian (see my avatar) but I call people out of their names and I spew bile and hate. :eye-popping:

Quote:

I'm confused. What's the right way? Three years ago Chicago was in the same position as Atlanta. Now they're a top playoff team. And Atlanta still sucks with very little improvement at all. What did Chicago do differently?

They started way before us, it looked like it wouldn't work for a while, then eventually it starts to click, you make some moves, and you're a good team.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I'll root for the team, not support the administration if its those two bozos, and refuse to buy a ticket or any other Hawks gear until they are gone.

So you protest the administration,won't buy a ticket,willnot were any gear.

But you root for the team. Thats like, I'm a Christian (see my avatar) but I call people out of their names and I spew bile and hate. :eye-popping:

Uh...only in your world. You don't support mediocrity as a fan, you support the franchise and want it to win titles. If the current administration is incapable of doing that you get them out and find someone else. Pretty simple.

Why you wanted to take a shot at my Christianity is a little baffling though.

• Moderators

Quote:

Thats like, I'm a Christian (see my avatar) but I call people out of their names and I spew bile and hate. :eye-popping:

Why you wanted to take a shot at my Christianity is a little baffling though.

I think he intended to make an analogy not to actually comment on your religious beliefs.

• Premium Member

That's what I thought at first but then I noticed he said "see my avatar" and since I am the only person on this site with a Christian avatar and he was specifically calling me out in his post, well, it seems to speak for itself.