• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something isn't right about this possible trade!!

Wurider05

I don't usually agree with Walter, but he is right on Bibby. What is he giving us the Lue couldn't with starter minutes (Please compare the stats before you call me crazy). I don't want to add to the negativity here but I am going on record as saying that I am against this trade. I got a bad feeling that it is more to this trade than we realize. Are you telling me the the ASG will commit to roughly 40 million dollars on just three players (JJ, JS (new contract), and Bibby. Don't be surprised if this trade involves Chillz or Smoove if it goes down. Those cheap bastard are not going to pay that much for those three and keep Chillz. I smell a rat somewhere!! WE NEED A NEW COACH. THEY SHOULD DO THAT BEFORE THEY TRADE PLAYERS.

Bibby

2007-08 Statistics

PPG 13.5

RPG 3.7

APG 5.0

SPG 1.3

BPG 0.1

FG% 0.406

FT% 0.742

3P% 0.393

MPG 31.5

Lue

2007-08 Statistics

PPG 6.8

RPG 1.2

APG 1.8

SPG 0.3

BPG 0.0

FG% 0.439

FT% 0.857

3P% 0.435

MPG 17.1

How can we win consistently if our starting back court is shooting 40 percent a piece. I got a bad feeling about this.

LOL, just look at the guy's game log.

Bibby doesn't hog the ball 22 seconds every shot clock.

Bibby is not a poor defender.

Bibby has started on teams that went to the WCF (Lue didn't do jacksh!t besides "limiting" Iverson to 30 ppg in the finals). Bibby's numbers have gotten better since the injury, and it's worth getting rid of Lue and AJ if we can get Acie more minutes behind a proven PG

I'm not jumping for joy right now, but I'm satisfied.

Areas of concern...

1. There has to be another deal to find a body for the frontcourt. Josh and Al can't play 40 minutes each. Zaza is good for maybe 12 minutes a night. A very frustrating 12 minutes...

2. Is ownership prepared to take the hit for one year to give Smoove his contract? Only one year, since Bibby's $14.5 mil. is a big expiring for next summer (when Marvin comes up for renewal.)

Why are we giving up Lue and Williams in this deal? It seems that Sacramento has been looking to deal Bibby for a while now and Lue is a part of our rotation.

I don't like us giving up his sound decision making and points off of the bench or giving up on Williams so soon after we used a high pick on him.

However this does do one thing and that's tighten the rotation more so that Salim and Acie can get more playing time possibly but right now both seem to be low on confidence.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think Bibby can ACTUALLY RUN AN OFFENSE which will be something novel in Atl.

Too bad we don't have an offense for him to run...

Those expecting our half-court offense to suddenly manifest itself with Bibby are in for major disappointment... Expect more of the one on ones, but this time Bibby doing it instead of Lue.

If anything he will make our transition game, our shooting better, and possibly our defense better... Our half-court offense is doomed until we get a coach that actually knows how to implement one.

I could propose a million deals from my own head but what I am saying is that I feel that we are giving up too much for just Bibby.

It's 1/3 of our team gone.

Bibby has been injury plagued and unproductive for a while now.

Maybe if this deal included Brad Miller I would be excited but that's not what's happening.

I'm happy with this trade, but at the same time I'm a little disappointed.

Obviously, Mike Bibby is a much better pg and player than both Lue and AJ. Also, the fact that we gave up garbage and an impending bust for a proven pg cannot be overlooked. That's a big plus in my book.

I'm excited to see two scorers in Bibby and JJ playing together. I would be suprised if this doesn't vaunt us back into the playoff standings.

However, this more or less takes us out of the Jose Calderon running in the offseason, who is a free agent I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). Calderon is having a breakout year, and the guy would look phenomenal in a Hawks uni. How great would it have been if we had signed both Calderon and Smith in the offseason? With Bibby here, its not possible, unless we trade him again in the offseason.