2 Vet Bigs and a Vet shooter...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Guess #1:

Kwame Brown, Jake Voskhul, and Flip Murray

Guess #2:

Scott Pollard, Kwame Brown, and Ty Lue.

Guess #3:

Robert Swift, Austin Croshere, and Dwayne Jones.

Guess #4:

Micheal Doleac, Ryan Bowen, and Fred Jones.

Guess #5.

Kurt Thomas, Malik Allen, and Maurice Evans.

I just want to remind people that:

Jarvis Hayes, Micheal Finley, Roger Mason, Eddie House, Daniel Gibson, Walter Hermann, and Adonal Foyle are all out there.

• Premium Member

Quote:

no more T. Lue!!!!!!!!!

Jack,

I agree, but in the back of my mind, I can't help but believe that ASG would rehash Lue.

I'd rather have:

Gibson, R Swift, and Thomas (given my drothers).

Quote:

Jack,

I agree, but in the back of my mind, I can't help but believe that ASG would rehash Lue.

I'd rather have:

Gibson, R Swift, and Thomas (given my drothers).

I'm also for Diesel's combo. Instant division contention.

I had just posted this on a different thread, so here it is again!

Start thinking about veterans like Tyronn Lue (this would not surprise me at the least), Eric Piatkowski, Casey Jacobsen, Kareem Rush, possibly even Brent Barry, if SA doesn't want him back. Each of these guys could probably be had for under $1.5M, which is probably the range Sund is thinking. Everybody else would cost more.

For bigs, think Jamaal MaGloire, Scott Pollard, Theo Ratliff, Earl Barron, Jake Voshkul, Michael Doleac, Sean Marks, Brian Skinner, and Francisco Elson. Outside shot at Kurt Thomas, but I think he goes back to SA for a couple million.

Diop and Brown are possibilities, but I feel somebody will throw bad money at them.

Quote:

Quote:

no more T. Lue!!!!!!!!!

Jack,

When healthy Lue is one of the best 3 point shooters in the game if not the most efficent. Can they put a clause in his contract that would not allow him to dribble?

I wouldn't mind having Jarvis Hayes but Finley would bring the veteran leadership and champinoship experience that this team lacks.

Kurt Thomas is just a tough old, nasty, grimey type vet who knows how to play. He would bring much needed toughness and experience to our front line.

Kwame is just a freaking HUGE, athletic guy who is STILL only 26 that you can take a chance on. He will never live up to his #1 pick status but I think he could be a decent big man for the vet minimum off the bench.

1. Michael Finley

2. Robert Swift

3. Theo Ratliff (tutor to Robert Swift)

Obviously, Finley would give veteran leadership to a young squad.

Don't be fooled by Swift's injuries. His production (rebounds/blocks) were on the rise till his knee injury. He's still young, and didn't he jump from h/s to NBA.

I would bring Theo Ratliff back for some serious veteran blocking tutelage for Swift and Horford.

I just wish Ratill was 25 years old again. I can just imagine the blocking spree of a "young" Ratliff, Horford, and J-Smoove. First team defense!

Give me Gibson, Hayes and Brown.

Brown is a BIG body, which this team lacks and needs badly. Like someone else said, he is 26 and might figure it out one day, just probably not on this team.

Please god no Robert Swift. Sund drafted that guy as a project and he hasn't done nothing but I could see Sund bringing him here. A 7 footer with red hair? No thanks, he is a joke.

Quote:

Quote:

Realistically, I would be thrilled with:

Roger Mason

Earl Barron

Brian Skinner

I think this is realistic but would rather have:

J.Hayes

F.Elson

R.Swift

This would be a dream? And maybe Woody would actually play them?

Isn't Swift a restricted free agent? Given his age and lengthy medical dossier I am not sure he classifies as a veteran anyway.

Quote:

Give me Gibson, Hayes and Brown.

Brown is a BIG body, which this team lacks and needs badly. Like someone else said, he is 26 and might figure it out one day, just probably not on this team.

Please god no Robert Swift. Sund drafted that guy as a project and he hasn't done nothing but I could see Sund bringing him here. A 7 footer with red hair? No thanks, he is a joke.

Maybe Brown would do better playing with Smoove? He's running out of chances.

Disagree about Swift. He's been hurt and prior he showed promise. Maybe Sund's connection to him would help. Don't see Gibson as being realistic?

• Premium Member

Quote:

I wouldn't mind having Jarvis Hayes but Finley would bring the veteran leadership and champinoship experience that this team lacks.

Kurt Thomas is just a tough old, nasty, grimey type vet who knows how to play. He would bring much needed toughness and experience to our front line.

Kwame is just a freaking HUGE, athletic guy who is STILL only 26 that you can take a chance on. He will never live up to his #1 pick status but I think he could be a decent big man for the vet minimum off the bench.

Good post Trace.......I'm with you.

• Moderators

Quote:

Sign me up for Finley, Kurt Thomas and Robert Swift but there is no chance we get those guys especially Finley or Kurt. They will only go to obvious contenders.

I totally agree. At low prices, Finley and Kurt can name their team and it won't be Atlanta.