• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sasha Volkov Brings Up An Interesting Stat...

Diesel

1. That may be the dumbest, most presumptuous, thing I have ever read on this board.

2. Well Mr. Hypocrite if you need to use game 4 to fit your argument while ruling out game 6 or the Seattle game even though they fit the same requirements then by all means feel free.

Dolfan, even though I hate it Marvin will always have extremely high expectations because of where he was pick and who was behind him. People will never use logic when discussing Marvin because the only logic they need to know is CP3 much better then Marvin and that will always stand out in front of their opinions. Is Marvin belittled on this forum: of course but I understand why and that's why you would never get a logically arguement on Marvin on this site.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great but in the NBA we play 5-on-5. That's all that matters and all that ever will when comparing the two. Hell I think Jamal Crawford can beat JJ 1-on-1 but I would always choose JJ over Crawford in a 5-on-5 game.

The point was that somehow Smoove's offense is more diverse.

You know, because he can hit step-back jumpers.

I concede that the one-on-one thing doesn't illustrate anything.

Just goes to show, not every idea's a good one.

Really, I just wanted to Smoove huggers to start talking about jock-straps n such.

Diverse is having the ability to post up and take a player off the dribble. Diverse is the ability to be stronger than threes and quicker than fours.

How can you honestly say Smoove is not a diverse player? Do you dislike his game that much? You probably believe Woody and Smoove are holding Marvin back as well don't you.

Just as Marvin didn't have a problem with coming off the bench at UNC he doesn't have a problem with being a third or fourth option on this squad. You can't gauge desire and hunger in stats. Marvin gets his average on his ability alone. He isn't the type of player to carry his team on his back. His passion for the game isn't as high as Smoove and neither is his skills.

You call it playing within himself I call it not wanting to be the man or be in the spotlight. Who scored all the Hawks points in game 4 in the fourth quarter. JJ and Smoove. Marvin isn't a big time player so he was a ghost.

If you want to give me game 6 to prove Marvin is a big threat offensively then give me game three to prove Smoove is a three point shooter. Neither performance tells the real truth about both players.

I never knew that was the basketball definition for diverse but even if that is I would say Josh is more diverse as well.

Josh isn't diverse, he not a good slasher because of his ball handling and coordination in the live game with defense. Marvin only other really good skill on offense is posting up and he might be just as good as Josh at.

I think you make a mistake with this post. If you wanted to hate on Marvin at least mention weakenesses and not some of the things he actually does well.

The point was that somehow Smoove's offense is more diverse.

You know, because he can hit step-back jumpers.

I concede that the one-on-one thing doesn't illustrate anything.

Just goes to show, not every idea's a good one.

Really, I just wanted to Smoove huggers to start talking about jock-straps n such.

I do know what what both of them are capable of, I don't know who would win 1-on-1, I will probably say JS but I'm not sure either do I care. I agree it's a waste talking about 1-on-1 becuase it would matter in real life.

It doesn't matter 'bout his man D- Marvin can't get in front of him and Smoove would block all his shots in this unrealistic theoretical game of yours....And since JS can drive past marv, well, yeah, I think its pretty obvious.

It doesn't matter 'bout his man D- Marvin can't get in front of him and Smoove would block all his shots in this unrealistic theoretical game of yours....And since JS can drive past marv, well, yeah, I think its pretty obvious.

Why wouldn't Marv be able to get in front of him again?

Why is it so "unrealistic" that two guys would play a game of one-on-one? How is that "unrealistic?"

Theoretical, sure.

Why can Smoove drive past Marv, but Marv can't drive past Smoove?

I guess that Smoove would block every single one of Marv's J's, and still be able to keep him from getting to the basket.

I actually think it would be a great game, and a lot of fun to watch.

-I think Josh is faster and stronger than Marvin.

-Its not that unrealistic, but whats unrealistic is us hearing anything about it. ;)

-Once again, because JS is faster and stronger than MW.

-I was employing the use of a handy tool, hyperbole, but I still contend this would be very lopsided

-no disagreement here-very exciting!

• Premium Member
-I think Josh is faster and stronger than Marvin.

-Its not that unrealistic, but whats unrealistic is us hearing anything about it. ;)

-Once again, because JS is faster and stronger than MW.

Marvin Williams 6' 7" 6' 8.25" 228 7' 3.5" 9' 0" NA 29.5 35.0 12 11.11 3.17

Josh Smith 6' 7" 6' 8.25" 221 7' 0" 8' 10.5" NA 32.5 39.5 12 11.43 3.24

Lets see, They both bench pressed 185 the same number of reps, Marvin had a faster agility test and 3/4 court sprint score but somehow Smith is faster and stronger. Interesting :no-no:

Marvin Williams 6' 7" 6' 8.25" 228 7' 3.5" 9' 0" NA 29.5 35.0 12 11.11 3.17

Josh Smith 6' 7" 6' 8.25" 221 7' 0" 8' 10.5" NA 32.5 39.5 12 11.43 3.24

Lets see, They both bench pressed 185 the same number of reps, Marvin had a faster agility test and 3/4 court sprint score but somehow Smith is faster and stronger. Interesting :no-no:

a high school kid from 4 years ago,when he was viewed as a SF. duh he's not gonna be that strong. He's most likely stronger now and weighs alot more.

So is he faster also?

never said he was. Game speed maybe but I don't know about a foot race. He prolly hasn't really lost speed either though because of his long strides.

Edited by Cwell

1. That may be the dumbest, most presumptuous, thing I have ever read on this board.

2. Well Mr. Hypocrite if you need to use game 4 to fit your argument while ruling out game 6 or the Seattle game even though they fit the same requirements then by all means feel free.

Nbanonstar, if you think Marvin's post game is as good as Smoove's then you must have been a scout for the Clippers when they drafted the Kandi man.

Lets see here Dolfan, marvin has two games of note but Smoove has been a GO TO GUY the entire season. Advantage Smoove!

I don't have to make up scenarios to fit my "requirements" because Marvin doesn't have a body of work to go on other than, a good homecoming game and one playoff game. Let the man have a season where he is more than just a complimentary piece then defend him if as if he was a star on this team.

CP3 or Deron have nothing to do with my dissatisfaction with Marvin. His lackluster game thus far in the NBA has.

For the simple fact some of you think Marvin could beat Smoove one on one shows me that we see two different games while watching the same one.

Nbanonstar, if you think Marvin's post game is as good as Smoove's then you must have been a scout for the Clippers when they drafted the Kandi man.

Lets see here Dolfan, marvin has two games of note but Smoove has been a GO TO GUY the entire season. Advantage Smoove!

I don't have to make up scenarios to fit my "requirements" because Marvin doesn't have a body of work to go on other than, a good homecoming game and one playoff game. Let the man have a season where he is more than just a complimentary piece then defend him if as if he was a star on this team.

CP3 or Deron have nothing to do with my dissatisfaction with Marvin. His lackluster game thus far in the NBA has.

For the simple fact some of you think Marvin could beat Smoove one on one shows me that we see two different games while watching the same one.

Where did I compare Marvin to JS in that sentence? Assuming is a b....

Marvin only other really good skill on offense is posting up and he might be just as good as Josh at.

Then what does this mean? Marvin post game is one of the things he needs to work on the most actually. His strengths are free throw shooting, mid range jump shot and staying in front of his man fairly well on defense. Now none of you can say I never said something nice about his game. :smile:

ATLBob I was jk that ish is creative.