• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Forum coming soon to Hawksquawk

gsuteke

Dolfan - Sounds like I have milder problems than some of those others but that is the issue. FYI - It did crash when I opened the last Squawk link you listed. Did not crash when I opened the link to the adobe help forum.

This is definitely strange. Are you on XP or Vista? 32 bit OS or 64 bit OS? One thing you could try is to uninstall the Flash Player. Make sure that you reboot before you run the "uninstall_flash_player.exe" file from the below link because Internet Explorer might cause issues with it not releasing the ActiveX control for Flash to be uninstalled.Uninstaller:http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashpl...lash_player.exeMore info about uninstalling the Flash Player:http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolfan, is there a way to search for a specific user's posts in a thread? I have noticed at the bottom left right above where it says "Pages" on the thread there is a search topic function. If you put in a user name to search it will only show up if someone's post has the user name in it and not necessarily if that user has posted in the thread. Is there a way to do this?The reason I ask is because going through these old classic threads I got tired of looking through each page and reading it all. It would be nice to just have a quick search in the thread to see if I said anything stupid in a classic.

The reason I ask is because going through these old classic threads I got tired of looking through each page and reading it all. It would be nice to just have a quick search in the thread to see if I said anything stupid in a classic.

I saw one yesterday in which I had typed something that looking back on it made me think "if I can be rehabilitated, almost anyone can."Eeeysh

• Moderators

I am on XP. I am not sure whether I am on a 32 or 64 bit OS. Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)With uninstalling flash, is your recommendation to uninstall and then reinstall or to simply uninstall?--Also, note that this happens whenver I have two Hawksquawk windows open. It is not something particular to the links but rather than I am opening one of the links when there is another Hawksquawk window already open. Maybe something to do with running two flash programs at the same time?

Edited by AHF

I am on XP. I am not sure whether I am on a 32 or 64 bit OS. Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)With uninstalling flash, is your recommendation to uninstall and then reinstall or to simply uninstall?--Also, note that this happens whenver I have two Hawksquawk windows open. It is not something particular to the links but rather than I am opening one of the links when there is another Hawksquawk window already open. Maybe something to do with running two flash programs at the same time?

Sorry I forgot to mention that you should re-install it after.

Dolfan, is there a way to search for a specific user's posts in a thread? I have noticed at the bottom left right above where it says "Pages" on the thread there is a search topic function. If you put in a user name to search it will only show up if someone's post has the user name in it and not necessarily if that user has posted in the thread. Is there a way to do this?The reason I ask is because going through these old classic threads I got tired of looking through each page and reading it all. It would be nice to just have a quick search in the thread to see if I said anything stupid in a classic.

No there's no way that I know of to do that but here are 2 workarounds that should help some.1. Using the built in find in your browser (typically "CTRL + F") you can find every time your name comes up in that thread.2. I just found this feature yesterday but if you're viewing the forum (where it shows all of the topics) if you click on the number where it shows "Replies" it will open a pop-up window that shows everyone who posted in the thread and how many times they posted.

2. I just found this feature yesterday but if you're viewing the forum (where it shows all of the topics) if you click on the number where it shows "Replies" it will open a pop-up window that shows everyone who posted in the thread and how many times they posted.

Wow, that is really cool. I will probably use that function more often now to get a good idea of how the thread is flowing by checking out who posted and how many times.As far as the search function on my browser, that is a good idea but I wouldn't use it because it wouldn't save that much time. I would still have to go through each page of the thread. So is there a way to expand the whole thread to fit on one page?

Wow, that is really cool. I will probably use that function more often now to get a good idea of how the thread is flowing by checking out who posted and how many times.As far as the search function on my browser, that is a good idea but I wouldn't use it because it wouldn't save that much time. I would still have to go through each page of the thread. So is there a way to expand the whole thread to fit on one page?

Yeah I thought that was cool when I saw it as well. Not that I am aware of. The closest you could probably come is by switching your view to "Outline" under display modes by clicking the "Options" button on the far right of the first post on the page.