• Momentane Spendenziele

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

New Forum coming soon to Hawksquawk

gsuteke

That seems vague, so I am not sure what you mean. In the Classic Forum there will just exist one thread we can post in that is pinned at the top? Or will we be able to start new threads in the Classic Forum for suggestion of certain threads to be in the forum? Can we even post new threads in it to begin with?

It sounds like all Classic threads are moved into the forum, are they locked? Or can they still be posted in?

I must be misunderstanding something you are saying about this Forum.

Yeah kind of like on some RealGM boards where there is a permanent sticky at the top of the forum. A permanent sticky would be at the top of the Classic threads forum to post links to any threads someone felt were worthy of being moved there. It would be at the top of the Classic forum though not here on Homecourt.

Sorry about the confusion.

Edited by gsuteke

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I'm stuck on the search engine as well I typed in Roy as a keyword and no other parameters and came back with nothing

Try searching with "+Brandon +Roy" it will come back with a ton of results:http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....BBrandon+%2BRoyWhen you only search for 3 characters or less you are really getting a lot more results than the database can return so that's why the recommended minimum search is 4 characters or more. Take a look at the "Advanced Usage Help" on the search page for more ways of getting the results that you want.

D,I agree with exodus that there's more trouble with finding threads recently. (I've come up empty several times).I know it doesn't help to be vague, so the next time I run into trouble, I'll share it with you.

Oh no I CANNOT be referred to as 'D' as there is already a 'D' and he ain't me LOL!Anytime you have difficulty finding something in a search let me know and I'll see if I can find it and maybe that will help to illustrate additional ways to search. I don't think this search engine has a lack of power but it's probably not the most user friendly.

• Premium Member

Oh no I CANNOT be referred to as 'D' as there is already a 'D' and he ain't me LOL!Anytime you have difficulty finding something in a search let me know and I'll see if I can find it and maybe that will help to illustrate additional ways to search. I don't think this search engine has a lack of power but it's probably not the most user friendly.

LOL...as I was re-reading this thread with a little more detail, I realized that I typed "D."In my defense, my wife took the laptop away from me to find a recipe for dinner. Never one to turn down a new recipe, I gave her the laptop. :)

• Moderators

In terms of the posts seeking to spell out procedures in detail, let's not put the cart before the horse here. The idea is that we will have a separate thread where some "classic" threads will be easily available for reading. Not everything will make the cut and it will be a process where poster feedback on threads is important and when push comes to shove the moderators will collectively decide if something is borderline. There is no intent to start a "bash other posters" forum or to devote a forum to celebrating flame wars, and anyone who feels singled out or uncomfortable because a thread is being considered or was put on there needs to contact any of the moderators. Any concern like that can be addressed confidentially.I am sure some procedures will be refined over time but let's just take this one step at a time. Right now, if people focus on what threads they think would be good additions that is the first and most important step. If the classic thread forum doesn't work out, the threads can simply be returned to the forum where they originated. That said, there are some great threads that have been done on the Squawk and this should be an opportunity for some fun for things that made you say, "Post of the Year!" or "that was classic!"

Edited by AHF

LOL...as I was re-reading this thread with a little more detail, I realized that I typed "D."In my defense, my wife took the laptop away from me to find a recipe for dinner. Never one to turn down a new recipe, I gave her the laptop. :)

Good decisionLOL Edited by gsuteke

• Premium Member

Is it terrible to nominate one of your own???I'm so proud of this thread:How will Zaza do as the starting center?I predicted that Zaza's per36 would be:

12/10/1 with 4 fouls, 45% fg, and 75% ft

It ended up being: 13/9/1 with 4 fouls, 45% fg, and 74% ftIt was all downhill after that one...

Here are some nuggets from my buddy KB. Not necesarily classic threads though.

Because it seems pretty obvious to me that I said I don't call people who disagree with me idiots. I call people who make unfounded assumptions, have baseless opinions, and basically show their lack of intelligence on any subject idiots.Very few people that criticize Billy Knight have an IQ higher than a goldfish's.

Well, I personaly don't care what anyone else thinks, period. Because if it weren't for me and a select few on this board, you guys would never see legitimate posts and intelligent thoughts.I post because you guys need me to post, not because I need to see what you say.

Like Dolfan said the old links don't work.

Does the window lock up and shut down for you? I get a message that there is a problem running a flash application when I open an old thread.

I didn't search for those links. They were from the old board that i had saved. My problem has just been finding the old threads using the search engine. The problem Dolfan explained with the thread titles is probably the reason. That definitely makes it tougher to find old posts.

I didn't search for those links. They were from the old board that i had saved. My problem has just been finding the old threads using the search engine. The problem Dolfan explained with the thread titles is probably the reason. That definitely makes it tougher to find old posts.

Okay I have re-enabled the old forums so you should be able to go there and search to your hearts content. I would suggest that if you're going to use them for "classic" threads though that you use some text from within the thread and find it on the current board since we can't actually move posts from the old board and that old board won't be around forever. http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/ubbthreads.phpThe reason that I had them down was because we were getting too much traffic still going to the old board and I didn't want new people getting confused in case they followed an old link to our site from a search engine, but hopefully they'll read the message at the top of the page. I also think that we have sufficiently gotten those links out of the search engine listings since it's been several months since I hid the old site.