JJ out for Minny, possibly the next game as well

HawkItus

Well said.............from the Temptations....

"Ball of Confusion !"

"Thats what world is today ! Hey ! Hey !"

da, da, da, da, da, "And the Bands Plays On !!"

Love it when WSP does their version too.

Thats is how the Hawks injury woes have gone, they just have to play on. Sund really has not had much of a chance to see the starting 5 playing as a healthy unit.

Edited by coachx

Wolves have been hot lately? Don't like the sound of it but you are right that he needs the rest. Woody just needs to turn them lose and let them run.

yeah it looks like Foye has been hot since being moved to SG,along with Jefferson and others.

• Admin
Honestly, my first reaction to this thread title was, "Thank God."

He needs the rest.

Funny I thought the same thing. I would like for him to get some rest as well. Woody has been way overusing him and his game has suffered.

Its good that Horford is back and also a chance for Law to get some more PT. Its also a chance like someone here said to let players like Marvin step up.

He needs the rest.

Will we really miss his 5-18 shooting? He has been awful the past month.

This can only help. Woodson said Evans will start, but why not Flip, with

Acie off the bench? I really hope Acie gets more PT and does well.

Edited by JackB1

Seems like they would have just announced it at gametime rather than giving them time to prepare. Woody's right on this one. Most teams don't know what to do with JJ not on the floor.

Neither will Woody most likely. He might have to call plays other than JJ iso's now, assuming he has any.

Will we really miss his 5-18 shooting? He has been awful the past month.

This can only help. Woodson said Evans will start, but why not Flip, with

Acie off the bench? I really hope Acie gets more PT and does well.

Missing JJ won't "help," especially long term, but hopefully, it will allow the other players to show that they won't fall apart if JJ sits for an extended period. I think this sickness probably came about because he is physically worn out.

As for starting Mo over Flip, I agree with Woody on that. Flip's primary value to us is that of offensive spark off the bench. If he starts, I am not sure that we have a bench player who can do what he does. Acie MIGHT be able to do it but he is not even guaranteed to be at the game as he is back home in TX with his ill grandfather.

Funny I thought the same thing. I would like for him to get some rest as well. Woody has been way overusing him and his game has suffered.

Its good that Horford is back and also a chance for Law to get some more PT. Its also a chance like someone here said to let players like Marvin step up.

yea thats exactly what I was thinking

Shouldn't hurt too much with Minny starting 6'3" Foye and 5'11" Telfair. Murray and Ace backing up the SG position should be fine for this game.

Minny starting the 6'3" Foye at SG is EXACTLY why we will miss JJ. That was a HUGE matchup advantage for us and now it isn't. Minny won't have to double our SG tomorrow night and that will likely make it tougher for others than it would have been with JJ on the floor.

The article said that Acie Law was with his ailing grandfather. I thought earlier in this year Acie Law missed a game because of the death of his grandfather? I wonder if that was just misreported, I have bad memory, or this is another person in his family with health issues. Gotta feel for the kid.

• Premium Member

He needs the rest.

It's amazing that we are at a point where we are relieved that our best player has to sit because of injury?

Does this mean that we have turned a corner?