• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Someone please tell me why were not going after Hedo Turkoglu

Chaze

i mean i know the guy is 30 but he would be a valuable piece on this hes a clutch shooter sure marvin a better defender but he can give us some quality depth off the bench.

2009-2010 Starters:

Joe johnson

Mike bibby

Hedo Turkoglu

Josh Smith

Al Horford

2009-2010 bench:

marvin williams

jamal crawford

Zaza pachulia

Jeff teague

Flip murray

i mean i know the guy is 30 but he would be a valuable piece on this hes a clutch shooter sure marvin a better defender but he can give us some quality depth off the bench.

2009-2010 Starters:

Joe johnson

Mike bibby

Hedo Turkoglu

Josh Smith

Al Horford

2009-2010 bench:

marvin williams

jamal crawford

Zaza pachulia

Jeff teague

Flip murray

i feel turkey wants too much money. money the asg wont be willing to give him. other than that they prob would want to get him.

2009-2010 Starters:

Joe johnson

Mike bibby

Hedo Turkoglu

Josh Smith

Al Horford

2009-2010 bench:

marvin williams

jamal crawford

Zaza pachulia

Jeff teague

Flip murray

Money. Needs. Of the 10 guys you just listed, 7 of them are perimeter players, 8 if you include Smoove. We would get hammered down low with that team defensively. Our rebounding would be atrocious.

With Bibby coming back the only real way to get Turk is to do a s & t and I doubt Orlando does one with us. Well unless you want to put Smoove and Dwight Howard together down there and deal with that for the next 10 years in our division.

• Premium Member

Not enough ball to go around at this point. Hawks better get some defense-first guys now. Besides Turk is just looking to cash in.

• Premium Member

2009-2010 Starters:

Joe johnson

Mike bibby

Hedo Turkoglu

Josh Smith

Al Horford

2009-2010 bench:

marvin williams

jamal crawford

Zaza pachulia

Jeff teague

Flip murray

To answer your question:

1. PTL is about to lock him up for 5 years 50 Million dollars.

2. We still have Marvin, Bibby, Zaza, Chillz, Solo, and West unsigned and their caphold makes our salary to spend = 0.

3. Turk plays Sf/PF which is a position that we could easily have filled.

4. The only way we could get Turk is with a SNT and Orlando is not likely to do a SNT because it would mean them adding more salary. That is unless you want to SNT Smoove for Turk?

This isn't 2k9 where you can get whoever you want on your team. There's something called a salary cap.

We have/had more cap space than mostly all of these teams signing players. Plus it isn't a hard cap anyway . . .

Whether we are willing to spend it and (if we are willing if we are willing to spend it) players are willing to come here are the real questions that we need answers to . . .

Edited by YP2K

Props to Hedo agent. Raps prob was his first choice. Now he got them to pay up it would appear.

Weird move by Hedo in my opinion. Here he could have gone to a team with legitimate title aspirations, and he chooses to go to Toronto instead? It's also kind of sketchy the way he did it, reneging on an agreement in principle like that. Not cool...

2009-2010 Starters:

Joe johnson

Mike bibby

Hedo Turkoglu

Josh Smith

Al Horford

2009-2010 bench:

marvin williams

jamal crawford

Zaza pachulia

Jeff teague

Flip murray

Just how many jumpshooters does one team need?

The Hawks need defense, size and rebounding.

Dude, if you would just take the time to read past post you would get the answers to all of you questions. (Please read the salary cap thread posted at the top of the home forum).

No offense, but you keep starting new threads on topics that have beat into the ground. Such as these FA / salary cap questions.

If the Hawks renouce all their free agents we would only have $12 mill under the cap. (You act like we could get Hedo and still keep Marvin, Bibby, and ZaZa.) For the last time WE CANNOT SIGN OTHER TEAM'S FAs IF WE ARE OVER THE SALARY CAP ! ITS NOTHING ABOUTH THE ASG BEING CHEAP. ITS ALL ABOUT THE NBA RULES.

Hedo wants $10 mill a year. Again, if we renounce all our FA we only have $12 mill left under the cap and the MLE. Is that rocket science ?

That means we lose Bibby, ZaZa, Marvin, Solo, West for nothing.

That means after getting Turk at $10 mill per year we would only have $2 mill left and the MLE to fill out the rest of the roster.

This is not rocket science. Please take the time to read the board. You would learn alot .

Edited by coachx

Weird move by Hedo in my opinion. Here he could have gone to a team with legitimate title aspirations, and he chooses to go to Toronto instead? It's also kind of sketchy the way he did it, reneging on an agreement in principle like that. Not cool...

This move has nothing to do with winning, its all about money.