Hawks agree to terms with Zaza! 4yrs/19mil - per ESPN

NowYouKnow

• Premium Member

I can see Marvin taking the QO as well, he may think he's one year away from upping his worth and being a UFA and being able to go where he wants and not worry about a sign and trade or the Hawks matching.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Marvin taking the QO as well, he may think he's one year away from upping his worth and being a UFA and being able to go where he wants and not worry about a sign and trade or the Hawks matching.

I think this would be a risky proposition given the direction the cap is headed and the FA next year. A bird in the hand . . . . .

• Premium Member
I think this would be a risky proposition given the direction the cap is headed and the FA next year. A bird in the hand . . . . .

True but we don't know what kind of terms the Hawks are offering him. It may be nothing more than a MLE or slightly more than a MLE kind of contract. Marvin's only 23 I can definitely see him thinking one more year of solid growth will convince teams he's a better gamble than some over thirty year old playing out the string on their career.

• Premium Member
I don't know. I think a lot of the reasons the Chill and Smith situations took so long was their restricted status. We'll see if things changed in how they deal w/ Marvin. If no one else sets the market for him by trying to sign him (like Memphis did w/ Smith last year) I could see him accepting the QO for next year.

Great news on Zaza.

I think you're correct sir. These things take much longer when the player has interest from other teams. As far as I know Bibby and Z didn't get any offers worth mentioning.

Significant raise scares me. Not sure if I want to pay 6 or 7 million a year for a guy who can't play defense and is a liability with his screens and picks on offense.

If it is too high this could end up like a Gadz situation.

DA is not a post player.

This signing is great news. I am really impressed with Sund and the job he has done.

From the Euro basketball clips I've seen, DA does have a "back-to-the-basket" game, as well as a mid-range face-up game. DA would instantly become our best scorer in the post.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405">

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports...=7&cxcat=21

Now the Hawks need to sign Marvin Williams and the core team will be in place. If Sund can move CHildress for say Camby then it would be a great off season. Veteran toughness is needed on this team, b.c I cant stomach getting swept in the playoffs again. :shock11:

Edited by wolvetigers

From the Euro basketball clips I've seen, DA does have a "back-to-the-basket" game, as well as a mid-range face-up game. DA would instantly become our best scorer in the post.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405">

So what's the status of this guy?

It's been a teaser for going on two years straight.

Seriously? :computer8:

Sorry guys I apologize for starting a new thread I didn't see the thread. Please excuse me as I got into a car accident yesterday and still groggy I guess.