• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AI spotted in Atlanta last night via 790thezone

GameTime

• Premium Member

don't buy it gametime. these dude are just trying to get buzz.. And yes I'll take em.

Allen Iverson? We certainly don't need his immature, chemistry-killing, ball hogging, no defense playing, practice avoiding, non distributing pariah on our team. Hell, we already have one player (Josh Smith) who has a lot of growing up to do in the maturity department as it is. We dont need another headache on the team that doesnt fit AT ALL.

This needs to be a poll question.

The interesting thing about the people totally opposed to Iverson, is that Jamal Crawford could be described in the exact same way ( playing wise ). The ONLY thing that he doesn't do, that Iverson does, is all of that whining. And he's 5 inches taller than Iverson. So call Crawford . . "Gigantic Iverson".

Then again, AI is a future Hall of Famer who has played in the playoffs . . .while JC hasn't played in a playoff type game since Michigan made the NIT ( I think they made the NIT in his one and only season there. I'll have to look that up ).

People who loved A.I. during the prime of his stardom (G-Town, not the Sixers), yet became more knowledgable about the Game of Basketball as they got older (like me) care about him less with each passing day and each nugget learned about how winning ball is played. I actually thought he would catch alleys and tip-dunk in traffic his whole career. The only player I can refer to out of thousands (go look at your old HOOPS and Skybox player cards) who had lengthy careers, yet added ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to his game since his first second as a rookie. He and Steve Nash are one in the same as the only MVPs who couldn't guard a grill. At least Steve mastered the Art of Passing, while A.I. has yet to register for Ball Movement and High Team Shooting Percentage 101. I hate to see him go to Memphis and retard the growth of O.J., although judging by Mayo's court awareness he probably wouldn't want much to do with A.I. anyway. Stick a fork in Mike Conley's development.

Edited by benhillboy

• Admin

The interesting thing about the people totally opposed to Iverson, is that Jamal Crawford could be described in the exact same way ( playing wise ). The ONLY thing that he doesn't do, that Iverson does, is all of that whining. And he's 5 inches taller than Iverson. So call Crawford . . "Gigantic Iverson".

Then again, AI is a future Hall of Famer who has played in the playoffs . . .while JC hasn't played in a playoff type game since Michigan made the NIT ( I think they made the NIT in his one and only season there. I'll have to look that up ).

Its nothing to do with talent...he is a head case and a chemistry killer. He is a detriment to whatever team he goes to and is a coaching nightmare. He has a bad attitude and it rubs off on other players. He gets paid millions of dollars and refuses to practice. Once he heard they wanted him to be the 6th man in Detroit he refused to play. I don't want that kind of player on this roster.

AI had to have a whole team built a certain way for him to be successful. He is a loser of a player and he always was. I'll be glad when he and his street game are out of the NBA. That 2001 Philly team would be lucky to win 45 games now. The eastern conference was terrible back then.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

People who loved A.I. during the prime of his stardom (G-Town, not the Sixers), yet became more knowledgable about the Game of Basketball as they got older (like me) care about him less with each passing day and each nugget learned about how winning ball is played. I actually thought he would catch alleys and tip-dunk in traffic his whole career. The only player I can refer to out of thousands (go look at your old HOOPS and Skybox player cards) who had lengthy careers, yet added ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to his game since his first second as a rookie. He and Steve Nash are one in the same as the only MVPs who couldn't guard a grill. At least Steve mastered the Art of Passing, while A.I. has yet to register for Ball Movement and High Team Shooting Percentage 101. I hate to see him go to Memphis and retard the growth of O.J., although judging by Mayo's court awareness he probably wouldn't want much to do with A.I. anyway. Stick a fork in Mike Conley's development.

That was done well before AI! lol

northcyde - You also need to add in that Iverson is 34 years old and Crawford is 29 years old. That plays a factor as well, IMO.

Their attitudes, maturity level, size of ego, and personality are on polar opposite ends of the spectrum as well.

It would be comical to see A.I. and Woody at each other's throats all season but the losing it could cause would not be funny at all.

while I'm not sure that Iverson fits into our team with our current makeup (where would the minutes come from),so I dont think we should sign him I think many people on this board and around the league are going to be surprised...

I think Iverson is going to go on a tear with whichever team signs him. I personally hope that he does NOT sign with Miami because we don't need to play against Wade AND a guy like Iverson with a chip on his shoulder. Mark it - Iverson will be an allstar this year and not because he was voted because of his name.