• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in talks with Carlos Arroyo

capstone21

I saw it on the "Rumors" link on Fox Sports.

I wouldn't mind Arroyo as our 3rd or 4th PG (if you count Crawford). That's value depth to me. My high school played against Arroyo in the mid 90's. Our team and his team were battling out that year for supremacy in our area! lol. We called him the Puerto Rican Jordan back then. Remember, this guy has talent. He was dubbed John Stockton's heir and his team absolutely lit up the USA Basketball team a few years back. I think he'd be a good player to have in small doses.

I would love to get Arroyo as our back-up pg. It is the one position that we have not filled. While Crawford can play pg, he is not a pg.

We drafted a point guard and traded for another that could play point....

• Premium Member

although he is a nice backup, he does not play defense either. I would rather get a defensive playmaking pg as a backup in case of injury and if Teague proves he is not ready.

I say no to Arroyo. We have Bibby, Craw, and Blink. I think a guy like Arroyo will eat into Blink's growth time.

...but we still need a proven back up pg. (there I finished your thought)

My thought is we don't NEED a proven back up point guard. Besides, how do you prove yourself worthy as a back up player? I think Craws and Teague fill a need as both can play behind Bibby. I would rather keep another big than put another guard on the roster.

My thought is we don't NEED a proven back up point guard. Besides, how do you prove yourself worthy as a back up player? I think Craws and Teague fill a need as both can play behind Bibby. I would rather keep another big than put another guard on the roster.

I really don't want to see Crawford at the point, I would much rather have a true pg such as Arroyo. Moreover, we do not know if Teague will be able to back up Bibby from the get go. It would be nice to have some security. Best case scenario, Teague proves he is capable of backing up Bibby, and Arroyo becomes our 3rd string pg.

http://www.primeraho...a_europa/331016

Carlos Arroyo no descarta volver a Europa

miércoles, 16 de septiembre de 2009

Cristina del Mar Quiles / Para Primera Hora

De no conseguir un contrato garantizado en la NBA sin tener que participar de los campamentos de veteranos, el base Carlos Arroyo mantiene como "plan b" la posibilidad de volver a jugar en el baloncesto de Europa.

A dos semanas para el inicio de los campos de entrenamientos de los equipos de NBA, el jugador fajardeño aún no ha concretado un acuerdo.

"Mi mayor preocupación es el tiempo. Está acercándose la fecha de (inicio de ) los campamentos de veteranos y todavía no hemos decidido nada", expresó Arroyo ayer, antes de comenzar a firmar autógrafos a sus fanáticos en la tienda T-Mobile de Plaza Las Américas.

"De que hay oportunidades de ir a campamentos de veteranos, las hay, pero, por ahora, no es lo que nos interesa. Europa sería la segunda opción", añadió el ex jugador del Maccabi Tel Aviv en Israel.

No obstante, Arroyo señaló a los Clippers de Los Ángeles como uno de los equipos que más ha insistido en que participe de su campamento de veteranos hizo saber que se encuentra en negociaciones con ellos, así como con los Hawks de Atlanta, por lo que aún guarda esperanzas de firmar en la NBA.

"Hay que sentarse y analizar todas las buenas opciones que haya para mí. Obviamente, (si hay) un equipo (en Europa) que ya cuenta con mis servicios, no me conviene ir a un campamento de un equipo (de NBA) donde hay más jugadores de la misma posición. Así, no estaría ayudándome a mí mismo", apuntó al tiempo que restó importancia a que su posible contratación se dé con un conjunto no tan destacado en la NBA.

-- Google Translation --

If not get a guaranteed contract in the NBA without having to participate in the camps of veterans, guard Carlos Arroyo remains a 'plan b' the possibility of returning to play basketball in Europe.

Two weeks before the start of spring training for NBA teams, players Fajardeños not yet finalized an agreement.

'My biggest concern is time. Is approaching the date (start of) veterans camp and still have not decided anything, "Arroyo said yesterday before signing autographs for fans at T-Mobile store in Plaza Las Americas.

'From that there are opportunities to go to camps for veterans, there are, but for now, is not what interests us. Europe is the second option, "added the former player of Maccabi Tel Aviv in Israel.

However, Arroyo said the Clippers in Los Angeles as one of the teams that emphasized more involved in your camp veterans stated that it is in negotiations with them and with the Atlanta Hawks, so even hopes to sign guard in the NBA.

'You have to sit and analyze all good options you have for me. Obviously, (if) a team (in Europe) which was with my services, I should go to a camp of a team (NBA) where there are more players in the same position. Thus, it would be helping myself, 'he said while downplaying his possible hiring is given to a set not so prominent in the NBA.

I really don't want to see Crawford at the point, I would much rather have a true pg such as Arroyo. Moreover, we do not know if Teague will be able to back up Bibby from the get go. It would be nice to have some security. Best case scenario, Teague proves he is capable of backing up Bibby, and Arroyo becomes our 3rd string pg.

You are going to see Crawford at the point. This team doesn't utilize true points from the fact we have Bibby starting and have drafted two combo guards in the past 3 years and traded for another. Arroyo is just another example of how we don't need or use true points considering that he is a shoot first guard.

There's security there. Crawford will play some point, albeit, I don't think that much. But in a pinch, or Godforbid an injury, he's serviceable. From what I'm reading Teague is going to get some minutes. If worse comes to worse, JJ can jump back into that role - in dire straits. I don't see how bringing in another guard makes a whole lotta sense to me. Thanks but no thanks Arroyo.