• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All 82 games are to be on local TV this year

Plainview1981

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4791

All 82 Hawks games televised locally for first time

September 16, 2009 · Filed Under Atlanta Hawks, News

Coming off the strength of their first winning season in 10 years, the Atlanta Hawks are thrilled to announce that all 82 regular season games will be televised, with the release this afternoon of the FOX Sports South and SportSouth broadcast schedules. The combined 75 telecasts join the previously announced seven Hawks’ nationally televised games – one on TNT and six on ESPN.

“We are delighted that we are able to provide the entire Hawks regular season schedule to our fans this season,” said Tracy White, Hawks’ Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Combined with the interest shown by the league’s national partners, we know the FOX Sports South and SportSouth games will also feature great and compelling broadcasts over the course of the 2009-10 season.”

FOX Sports South will once again televise 30 games, featuring 11 home and 19 road telecasts, starting with the Friday, October 30th home game against the Washington Wizards (7:30 p.m.). Two nights later, their next broadcast takes place at the Staples Center, as the Hawks play their first road game of the season against the current NBA World Champion Los Angeles Lakers (Sunday, November 1). Among FOX Sports South’s other notable telecasts are road games at Cleveland (December 30) and Orlando (January 9), and the home season finale against Cleveland on Wednesday, April 14th.

SportSouth starts the Hawks broadcast schedule with the season opener, Wednesday, October 28th, at home against Indiana (7 p.m.). The 45-game schedule includes 26 home and 19 road contests. Not only will the network televise the only home game against the Lakers on Wednesday, March 31st, but SportSouth will also carry two of the four matchups against last year’s first round playoff adversary Miami (November 18 at home, January 4 in Miami) and the first of four games against second round opponent Cleveland (December 29).

During the month of March, fans will lock in to SportSouth as 12 of the 15 games televised that month will be shown on the network, while FOX Sports South will be the channel of choice in April, as the network’s final six games of the season will take the Hawks into the postseason.

The combined networks, with play-by-play announcer Bob Rathbun, analyst Dominique Wilkins, and sideline reporter James Verrett calling the action, will provide additional coverage with the return of Hawks LIVE, the expanded post-game highlight show with Jerome Jurenovich and Mike Glenn that gives viewers complete coverage after every televised game, including interviews with players and coaches, game highlights from around the NBA, and a look at the next opponent on the Hawks schedule.

Hawks’ games on FOX Sports South and SportSouth are available in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi (excluding the Biloxi/Gulfport, Memphis and New Orleans DMAs), Tennessee (excluding the Memphis and Jackson DMAs), the Charleston, Augusta and Savannah DMAs of South Carolina, the counties of Graham, Jackson, Macon and Swain in the Greenville-Spartanburg DMA of North Carolina, and the counties of Abbeville, Anderson and Oconee in Greenville-Spartanburg DMA.

• Moderators

I'd like to know about HD also. The games are so much better in HD.

Yeah and Nique I don't know what to say. I think he needs to go full on crazy and just start saying random stuff. He's just a couple steps away from that already. Why keep trying to be a professional broadcaster.

They should also bring in some more old players as guest commentators.

I'd like to know about HD also. The games are so much better in HD.

Yeah and Nique I don't know what to say. I think he needs to go full on crazy and just start saying random stuff. He's just a couple steps away from that already. Why keep trying to be a professional broadcaster.

They should also bring in some more old players as guest commentators.

Smitty needs to come back. But, we could go with Deke - that would be entertaining....or Mookie - he could do it, but he would be too busy eating all the arena "munchy" foods!

In all seriousness, I don't mind Nique', but the "heat check" thing needs to go. I'm pretty sure someone in the organization, or PR, or television has told him it's played.

Thank god, I'm moving to Nashville pretty soon and I was scared I wasn't going to be able to catch the games. This id great news

How many on HD?

I think this is the more important question.

There is no excuse; all the games should be in HD. Basketball in HD>>>>>>>than basketball in standard definition. I have NBA league pass and many of the hawks games are broadcast by the opposing teams network in HD. Of course, there is a local blackout so I have to watch our crappy standard definition broadcast. It makes no sense. Even Oklahoma City broadcasts all their games in HD. Atlanta broadcasting 90% in standard definition is absurd.

Smitty needs to come back. But, we could go with Deke - that would be entertaining....or Mookie - he could do it, but he would be too busy eating all the arena "munchy" foods!

In all seriousness, I don't mind Nique', but the "heat check" thing needs to go. I'm pretty sure someone in the organization, or PR, or television has told him it's played.

Deke gets my vote.

Smoove blocks a shot.

Deke: No, no, no. <finger wag>

Nique: That was quite a heat check for Wade. Smoove is putting up some good nimbers today.

Bob: Nique, you used to be able to jump like that.

Nique: Young legs Bob. These days I couldn't jump off a curb.

<Collective laughter>