• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many games will the Hawks win in 2009 - 2010

Admin

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to go with 50.

The Hawks certainly won't be any worse than last season. They lost Flip Murray and that's it. They've added a scorer in Crawford, some depth at the PG position in Teague and the thing they've sorely missed the most over the past couple of seasons - depth at the 4 and 5.

In fact the Hawks will wind up cutting some Bigs this year - anyone remember the Esteban Batista days? I mean seriously - are you serious? We were running that guy out there?

Other teams may have improved in the East as well but I can't think of another team that did more for itself in respect to keeping their core group that they've been successful with 100% intact along with adding some key players.

Don't sleep on the effect of Joe Smith on this team either. He may be the one that gets Smoove to turn the corner.

I'm usually on the high end of these predictions. But with expectations being kind of high this year, I'll probably be near the middle.

51 - 31 . . 2nd in division . . 4th in conference

And that's only if Crawford plays efficient basketball. If he's going to be our 6th man, we can't get the Golden St. version of Crawford. He can't be the red hot or ice cold performer that he normally is. He has to be consistent and steady every night.

If we get the bad Crawford, and none of the kids raise the level of their game, we might be as low as 42 wins and fighting for our playoff lives.

I probably should split the difference, and say 47 wins . . but I'll stick with 51.

I say 47-50, personally I think records will be down across the conference but seedings will remain relatively the same as far as we and the big 3 are concerned. I say we most likely finish with the same record but trade some home wins for road wins which spells a nice victory within itself.

I agree with northclyde. Im thinking 51 wins this year. I think anything less will be a disappointment. Well at least to me.

Your sig Pic makes me appreciate how we still haven't finished the job in respect to fielding a Championship team.

Horford at Center?

I say 55-57 just because I'm being optimistic. I hope that we r all pleasantly surprised by what we get this year. Not sure it will happen but hey I'm hoping

13, 26, 30, 37, 47,

i say we add between 8-10 wins this year easily.

that gives us 55 to 57.

i know many ppl are conservative when giving predictions, but remember, this teams record wasnt a reflection of their talent or potential. We didnt max out last year, we actually under-achieved. We lost MANY winnable games last season. just think of how many road games we handed away last season. i can see us having a winning road record this year, coupled with a slighlty improved home record. We lost a home game to LAC for crying out loud, i think those games we "should" win, we will win this year.

59 -23 and you heard it here first, 2nd seed in the conference behind Cleveland.

there is no glory in not making a bold prediction. i'd rather be wrong and be optimistic than right and expect to lose.

:helpsmilie: Hope ur right!

54-28....7 game improvement overall...1st in division...3rd in conference..

Also, I have a feeling we make it to the eastern finals this year. I hope the NBA finals but just have a gut feeling the east finals which means we will be knocking out one of the big 3 as they are called, Cavs, Celts, or Magic. The reason I think we finish 1st in our division is in my opinion the Magic downgraded, going from Hedo to Vince. Vince seems like he's hurt every year. Also the Magic got out to a really good road record last year and I don't see it happening again. They also lost Courtney Lee who was a very key member of their defensive backcourt. They take a step back this year.

• Moderators

I put us in the 46-49 group. I don't trust Woodson to pull the right strings on this but am hoping to be surprised. I do think this should be the floor for reasonable expectations and am hoping for more. I just won't be surprised to see a 48 win total at the end of the season as more teams gear up for us, and our first line of offense is JJ isos.

I'm usually on the high end of these predictions. But with expectations being kind of high this year, I'll probably be near the middle.

51 - 31 . . 2nd in division . . 4th in conference

And that's only if Crawford plays efficient basketball. If he's going to be our 6th man, we can't get the Golden St. version of Crawford. He can't be the red hot or ice cold performer that he normally is. He has to be consistent and steady every night.

If we get the bad Crawford, and none of the kids raise the level of their game, we might be as low as 42 wins and fighting for our playoff lives.

I probably should split the difference, and say 47 wins . . but I'll stick with 51.

I think this is a good prediction. 50 ish wins is what I see from this group - actually hope - and if we can finish 2nd in the division and get homecourt again, it will be a successful regular season. I'll take another 4 seed heading into the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if we snuck past Boston, if any of the "big 3" of the east. I don't think Garnett will be the same player as were used to after the injury, and from what I've read, he still isn't his old self. Could be the severity of the injury, or his age, or both.

I'm going with the wins around 53+/-3. The team has this sort of talent. The season, for me, boils down to two items:

1) Health- got to keep the top 7-8 guys healthy to win games (starters plus Crawford, Zaza and Joe Smith)

2) Woodson- Woody has to improve the offense. He has to get a post game going with the Smiths and Horford. Let Bibby run PnRs with Marvin- that should be a deadly combo. Lastly, Woody has to use this bench to reduce starters minutes.

I say over 50. The additions of Crawford and Teague will make us better, as well as increased depth up front with Joe Smith. Collins is terrible, I really don't see him making a difference.

Hopefully we actually run more and stop switching EVERY screen, but I doubt it. On the NBAtv Hawks training camp, Woodson was telling the guys to switch everything once again, even though that style was suicide against the Cavs.

Edited by AtLaS