• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague nickname

niremetal

• Premium Member

So I have been kicking up some dust about this on the AJC blog, and I figured it was time to start a two-front war. "Daniel" from the AJC blog suggested that Jeff Teague be given the nickname "JT-0" in reference to his initials and uniform number, as well as in homage to the fast little classic Pontiac sport car the GTO.

Here is a pictorial representation of JT-0:

littlejt0fkla.jpg

And here is the pre-made, classic theme song, just needing a little tweaking of the lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44kg0IENTPU

Thoughts?

• Like 1

How about R.O.Y.? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i second this.

really i think people are pushing it too hard*. too many of these nicknames seem like someone is trying too hard to come up with something. nicknames are something that tend to "just happen".

why does he even have to have a nickname? why can't people just call him by his name til something happens for him to earn one.

aside from smoove, does anyone else have a nick name that's not simply an abbriviation of their name? bibby, marv, horf, jj, zaza? woody? chillz, but he's no longer with the team. i guess my point is, not everyone needs a nickname, and those that get one usually get one a little more naturally than by a bunch of guys brainstorming over a keyboard at night.

* - that's what she said.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

really i think people are pushing it too hard*. too many of these nicknames seem like someone is trying too hard to come up with something. nicknames are something that tend to "just happen".

why does he even have to have a nickname? why can't people just call him by his name til something happens for him to earn one.

aside from smoove, does anyone else have a nick name that's not simply an abbriviation of their name? bibby, marv, horf, jj, zaza? woody? chillz, but he's no longer with the team. i guess my point is, not everyone needs a nickname, and those that get one usually get one a little more naturally than by a bunch of guys brainstorming over a keyboard at night.

I agree with this 1000%.

In terms of which of these nicknames are best, JT-0 is a good one.

I agree with this 1000%.

In terms of which of these nicknames are best, JT-0 is a good one.

I like Blink but agree that if he gets a nickname it will come naturally. The kid can play though; its amazing how much our overall talent has improved in just two short years.

Edited by Buzzard

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

My friend the Photoshop wiz has come up with a new and improved version of the JT-0 pic. Here 'tis - and notice the modified lettering on the front of the GTO:

jt0q.jpg