• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its preseason but Hawks/Magic on ESPN tonight

capstone21

Can you say . . . . REALITY CHECK !!!!

Beating up on bad teams is one thing. Going to play a TRUE ELITE TEAM on its homecourt, on the 2nd night of a back to back, is a whole different animal.

And I told you guys about Ryan Anderson. That dude is straight strokin it. It's pick your poison with Orlando. And look at Vince Carter. TurkaWHO?

Having said that, the Hawks are mentally tough, and will come back in this game. The starters will start that 3rd quarter fired up. But then, Dwight may take over.

LOL . . interesting game so far though.

I really underestimated Ryan Anderson (or Kevin Anderson accourding to the game announcer). He looks like he can be their next Turkaglu over time, maybe not as a ball handler, but dude can shoot and score in the post, plus he's tall....and white, (lol j/k.)

Seriously, how painful was it to see this cat killing us and we couldnt get any of our starters to slow him down.

What I do not like about our team is that there is such a sense of entitlement with the starters, but they tend to come out flat alot of nights. And when this happens Woody is slow to replace them. This year, our bench is deep and talented and in a game like this where Joe was flat, and Bibby was getting abused, why did it take for us to be down big before they got replaced. Woody has to pull the trigger sooner this year, if Bib and Joe aint cuttin it, either give Marv and Horf the ball or take them out the game and put Teague and Craw in. Even tonite with Teague shooting poorly, at least he could get into the paint, Bibby wont do that.

I really underestimated Ryan Anderson (or Kevin Anderson accourding to the game announcer). He looks like he can be their next Turkaglu over time, maybe not as a ball handler, but dude can shoot and score in the post, plus he's tall....and white, (lol j/k.)

Seriously, how painful was it to see this cat killing us and we couldnt get any of our starters to slow him down.

What I do not like about our team is that there is such a sense of entitlement with the starters, but they tend to come out flat alot of nights. And when this happens Woody is slow to replace them. This year, our bench is deep and talented and in a game like this where Joe was flat, and Bibby was getting abused, why did it take for us to be down big before they got replaced. Woody has to pull the trigger sooner this year, if Bib and Joe aint cuttin it, either give Marv and Horf the ball or take them out the game and put Teague and Craw in. Even tonite with Teague shooting poorly, at least he could get into the paint, Bibby wont do that.

you are spot on . the entire point of having a bench is so that when the starters are not cutting it you go to your bench . As soon as he saw they were not ready to play he shouldve went hard with the reserves and not put a starter back in until the second half .

With increased expectations comes ....well INCREASED EXPECTATIONS and this team should be beyond starts like this now . If you cant get your intensity up in a road game against a division rival and conference champ then how can you seriously talk about taking the next step.

Come next week If Im Woody I better see some intensity and passion or Im going to bench early and often .

Wow Teagues shot is ugly.

Agreed Ex...I had never seen it before...how did he score at Wake? Do we have a Russian KGB agent who is just here to screw up fellas shots? Acie could shoot in College....I suppose Teague could shoot a bit? Did we actually draft this guy as our "PG of the future" with that shooting motion? He looks like he is just hurling the ball at the basket. 0-15 Wow.

,.... if Bib and Joe aint cuttin it, either give Marv and Horf the ball or take them out the game and put Teague and Craw in. Even tonite with Teague shooting poorly, at least he could get into the paint, Bibby wont do that.

Shooting poorly? Poorly is 3 for 10 - heck RD - that's gotta be some sort of record - 0 for 15.

Edited by DJlaysitup