• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

lol this is why we will not be an elite team...

mattlanta

Joe Johnson is too easy to shut down... he heats up in the first quarter and you already know he'll be shut down for the rest of the game and who will step up on offense? Jamal Crawford? Nope. Marvin Williams? Hell no. Josh Smith? lol get out... No one will step up. We are still another superstar away from being amongst the top teams of the league.

• Like 1

I already turned it off. Even though we won the first two games and looked pretty good, we dont have an inside presence; we cannot stop anybody, anybody from scoring in the lane. We dont box out, we rely on our jumper too much, we don't play defense ALL four quarters, and we dont rebound at an elite level. Until we correct some of those (and perhaps grab a superstar), then we will toil at a good-but-not-elite level.

Joe Johnson is too easy to shut down... he heats up in the first quarter and you already know he'll be shut down for the rest of the game and who will step up on offense? Jamal Crawford? Nope. Marvin Williams? Hell no. Josh Smith? lol get out... No one will step up. We are still another superstar away from being amongst the top teams of the league.

It's time for Marvin to start paying to come to the games

This guy is the world's greatest spectator

He literally sleeps on the court

Matter of fact... I got a great nick name for him...

"Dozer"

Not for being a bull dozer - x

But for DOZING OFF ON THE COURT!

• Premium Member

Agreed. Live by the three, die by the three!

I think the problem is that we don't have a superstar. I like Joe but he is not a superstar. Kobe is. We need someone like that we can lean on to carry this team. Joe doesn't do that. He's a nice player to have but he will more than likely not take you very far.

Same losers that they've been before. This bunch will never truly shake their loser label.

What a joke. Who the hell do you think you are?

• Like 1

I know this is random but I go to school in Nashville and was at the Titans game today and even tho they were 0-6, their stadium seemed packed at least 85-90 %, much more than the Dome or Phillips would be if the Hawks/Falcons started their sesons winless, and the fans were great.

My point being, why are we acting like the sky is falling??? Why are we giving up on our team because they got beat by a better team??? I want us to be world-champs just as bad as the next guy, and the thing is, I can still see that potential in this team. Its too early to jump-ship on these guys. They went winless against Boston in the reg. season before pushing them to 7 in the playoffs. We cant let ourselves over react during roller coaster ride of this 82 game reg season. We ultimately are waiting for the playoffs to judge whether we improved or not, and this team still looks strong enough to compete for a top spot and compete in the 2nd round so why are we buggin so hard so SOON???

I know this is random but I go to school in Nashville and was at the Titans game today and even tho they were 0-6, their stadium seemed packed at least 85-90 %, much more than the Dome or Phillips would be if the Hawks/Falcons started their sesons winless, and the fans were great.

My point being, why are we acting like the sky is falling??? Why are we giving up on our team because they got beat by a better team??? I want us to be world-champs just as bad as the next guy, and the thing is, I can still see that potential in this team. Its too early to jump-ship on these guys. They went winless against Boston in the reg. season before pushing them to 7 in the playoffs. We cant let ourselves over react during roller coaster ride of this 82 game reg season. We ultimately are waiting for the playoffs to judge whether we improved or not, and this team still looks strong enough to compete for a top spot and compete in the 2nd round so why are we buggin so hard so SOON???

lol at people that paid to go watch the Titans.

Thank You!! Damn we are just as inconsistent as our fans. I wonder if the Lakers thought the World was coming to an end after one game. I guess Cleveland's season is over. If you have bad games consistently and the season is at stake because of it, OK. But seriously one game for a team with players and a coach alike trying to figure out how good they are and can be. Come on. If anything I'm losing more faith in our so called fans than our actual team. Yeah like most of us I expected them to do better but the 3rd game against the World Champs on their court in a 82 game season gives me no reason what so ever to pull out a red flag. For a team that a least beat the teams they were suppose to beat and still currently hold a (2-1) winning record (since the first lost in 3 games in an 82 game season is so detrimental).

Of course we all wanted the win but there will be hiccups (nobody is perfect) and I at least give credit to us hiccuping as a team. This actually can help our chemistry when nobody can blame any body but them selves. Everybody has to individually step up for our team to step up and they can all hold their selves accountable. On the bright side when we have games like this it will help Teague show that he deserves more minutes which will bring yet another dimension to our team for opponents to have to deal with.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wow. I'm all for breaking down the game and complaining but I'm happy we have a quality basketball team to follow. What's with this attitude that unless we have an all world superstar and are destined to win the championship then its not worth watching or cheering for?

• Like 1

Wow. I'm all for breaking down the game and complaining but I'm happy we have a quality basketball team to follow. What's with this attitude that unless we have an all world superstar and are destined to win the championship then its not worth watching or cheering for?

it is crazy isn't it? But then again, I was at Philips Arena for the Washington game, and saw a crowd reminiscent of the 2005 - 06 season, with all of the empty seats in the upper deck and lower sections. I wonder if the Hawks have stopped giving away all of those tickers, and are expecting people to actually pay to watch the team?

As I've said on this board before, my support of this team is UNCONDITIONAL. For us to improve on what we did last year, even if we don't get to the Eastern Conf Finals, will be satisfying to me. With me, it's like watching my Bengals. The Bengals have only had 1 winning season since 1990, so you better believe that I'm enjoying watching them this season, even if I know deep down that this probably isn't a Super Bowl caliber team.

Good thing the Hawks have another game tomorrow night We can only talk about this meltdown for another 24 hours. Win @ Portland and @ Sacramento, and we're 4 - 1.

it is crazy isn't it? But then again, I was at Philips Arena for the Washington game, and saw a crowd reminiscent of the 2005 - 06 season, with all of the empty seats in the upper deck and lower sections. I wonder if the Hawks have stopped giving away all of those tickers, and are expecting people to actually pay to watch the team?

As I've said on this board before, my support of this team is UNCONDITIONAL. For us to improve on what we did last year, even if we don't get to the Eastern Conf Finals, will be satisfying to me. With me, it's like watching my Bengals. The Bengals have only had 1 winning season since 1990, so you better believe that I'm enjoying watching them this season, even if I know deep down that this probably isn't a Super Bowl caliber team.

Good thing the Hawks have another game tomorrow night We can only talk about this meltdown for another 24 hours. Win @ Portland and @ Sacramento, and we're 4 - 1.

I live in Cincinnati but love my Hawks, Falcons, and Braves. I do root for the Bengals every game unless they play Atlanta; and have a lot of respect for Bengal fans. You are loyal to a fault and knowledgeable. Same way I feel about my Atlanta teams!

There is always the next game or the next season for loyal fans....Gotta love it!

Now I will question whether or not I should get the NBA League Pass. If it's just the same ol' good-but-not-great Hawks, I do not want to watch them this year.

If being 2-1 is that much of downer to you remember this.

The Lakers are also 2-1 !

• Like 1

Wow. We lose a game at LA and all of the sudden we're terrible? Losers?

Honestly, sports are fun and entertaining. Being miserable over a loss or writing off a whole season in game 3 is just asinine.

Lighten up, nancy boys.