• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Never been so embarrassed as a fan

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Hearing the Hawks broadcast guys brag about being #1 in the Power Ranking is embarrassing. Sorry but this is supposed to be a real NBA town and the broadcast team of a real NBA should not be gleeful over a meaningless 1-man poll.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Hearing the Hawks broadcast guys brag about being #1 in the Power Ranking is embarrassing. Sorry but this is supposed to be a real NBA town and the broadcast team of a real NBA should not be gleeful over a meaningless 1-man poll.

So don't listen to them, maybe you'll enjoy the road broadcast more.

It's really not that big of a deal. I mean they are just excited, oh well. I mean honestly when have the Hawks been #1 in anything. It's nice to see the Hawks get some credit ya know?

Nine, should have thought twice about this one man.

• Moderators

A combo of the mute button and the Hawks radio network (Steve Holman & Co.) might do the trick.

There was a Hawks promo during the broadcast, too, referencing the one-man power poll and some quotes from opposing players/coaches, trying to promote upcoming games, so I think it may be a FoxSportSouth thing to push the Hawks' run while it lasts.

~lw3

:angry22:

Dang! This is so bad! Hawks are in first place in the East. Rated #1 in the power ratings.

And, to think, the Atlanta announcers had the nerve to bring this up during a broadcast.

I'm more embarrased than mad. Good Grief! Get these Hawks down to the middle of

the pack where they belong. This is terrible!!

:sobbing:

Sorry, you might be alone on this one. I don't think it got worse than when we mustered 13 wins out of 82 tries some years back.... If hearing Bob and Nique talk about our #1 ranking on a power poll is embarressing, I'm glad to have that problem!

Seriously WTF. This is the team that was a national joke for years.

LMAO!!!!!! I know right. try 13 wins. I wonder whats our overall record this decade. Now thats something to be upset about.

But i feel you nine. "Act like you been here before" but we havent..LOL.

Edited by tonegully

You should lose all posting privileges from this. This is actually something to be proud of. It's not because the Hawks are "Number 1", but it's because the NBA and people at ESPN are starting to take notice.

I've never been so happy in my life. The Hawks are all over ESPN, NBA.com ....it's great. As I'm posting this, ESPN just did a commercial for SportsCenter talking about the Hawks/Heat game.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED?

No need to be bitter about anything...Just looks like Hawks fans are conditioned to always be mad about something. Let's enjoy this. This is the fun part about being a fan.

Go Hawks.

I love listening to Bob and Nique. Well truthfully I wish Nique and Stinger would switch roles because Stinger was the best INDEED. When the franchises last title came in the 1950's and most of us cant even remember the last time they made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs finishing #1 in anything positive IS SWEET.

No offense, but that's just not right man. This includes the 13 win season and the playoff guarantee? Those were lows.

• Premium Member

I hope that hawks maintain their place in the ever-important Power Ranking formula/poll thingy.