• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sign of the Apocalypse?

HawkItus

Brad (Gadsden,Alabama)

Chad is the hawks going to be able to challenge the cavs and the magic all season?

Chad Ford

(1:40 PM)

They're good. Seem to be getting better every year, but I don't think they can beat the Magic, Cavs and Celtics in a 7 game playoff series. Seriously challenge them? Yes. Beat them? No. I might feel differently if they had a better point guard.

Wow, he acknowledged that we were good. The Sky is falling

Reluctantly I have to agree with Chad Ford. Even if the Hawks get the 3rd seed we still would be put out in 6 or 7 games by either The Magic or Boston.

So far, I would have to totally agree with Chad...except for maybe Boston. Everyone else has our number for now. And since I doubt we secure homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, I especially dont feel good about Orlando or Cleveland But yes, Bibby is good, but he is terrible on defense and is will be eaten up by the Rondos, Nelsons and Williams' of the world. God I hope we develop Teague sometime this year.

Reluctantly I have to agree with Chad Ford. Even if the Hawks get the 3rd seed we still would be put out in 6 or 7 games by either The Magic or Boston.

Can't fully agree here, i think that if we got boston we could easily take them.

No one is going to roll over and play dead, no matter who makes the playoffs.

Hawks would have a hard time beating any of the other three. On the other hand,

any of those same three would have a hard time beating this Hawks team!

It's a two way street.

This Hawks team can be a real load for anyone. When their shots are falling,

they can and will beat any NBA team. When their shots are not falling, any NBA

team can and will beat them. When they're hot, great defene will certainly slow

them down but they can't be stopped. When they're cold, they can't score if the

opponent stayed on the bench. Hawks would miss the shot and the ball would

go out of bounds, creating a turnover. (Sleepwalk Mode)

Being healthy and well rested are the main keys for the playoffs.

GO HAWKS!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

You really think Boston is going to just "lay down" in a playoff series?

Where in the world did I say anything about laying down? I like Boston the most as our 2nd round matchup, I feel that if we get them we're in the ECF, thats just me. They don't have that offensive force down low that gives us problems, KG shoots jumpers more and more nowadays and Sheed isn't doing much down low now either. I see Rondo as our main matchup problem with that team but we have a couple of mismatches with them. Who guards Josh? Joe can get it with Ray on him, Jamal off the bench has already showed that he will bother them, if Marvin starts knocking down his outside jumper it will make it even more difficult for them bc they can't send people at Joe or Craw, they already can't help off of Bibby. Al is decent against Perkins but we don't need much from him in that type of game because most games against them are low scoring physical games and with our youth and athleticism I think we win that matchup now. We are not.......i repeat..........WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jy21

• Premium Member

I like our chances against the Celtics also... When Garnett starts huffing and puffin and chest thumping and barking, we can just reintroduce him to Zaza and that will quite him down... The championship version of their team couldn't beat our embryonic version at home two years ago in the playoffs and I don't think they would this year. Conversely I think we are capable of stealing at least one of the games on their home court.

If the Hawks have homecourt advantage over the Celtics, then Yeah I think we beat them in 6 game, but more than likely they will have the better seeding.

Even if they have the better seeding we still win, we have confidence against that team n the games are always close with them anyway but now I feel like we think we can actually beat them. Orlando........not so much.

• Premium Member

Orlando is the only team I fear. We don't match up well with them. Boston or Cleveland? Bring them on.

Yeah Cleveland swept us last year but this is a totally different team now and they took a step back with the Shaq trade.

We'll get a good idea about where we stand against Cleveland when we play the home and away on December 29-30 against them.