• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Congrats to Smoove

TheNorthCydeRises

how did he only get credit for one block? i saw at least 3.

Other thing timdawg...is the amount of times that potential "drivers to the hoop" just don't do it when Smoove is collapsing into the paint. They all understand that Smoove is a VERY high flyer and has excellent timing on blocks. Nobody wants to get posterized.

Many times guys beat Bibby off the dribble and then just turn around or pass it. Rose was an exception tonight but I will guarrantee you that opposing coaching staffs sit up at night to figure out plays where they can somehow keep Smoove out of the paint and then drive/pass inside. If I were coaching against the Hawks I would sure as heck do it.

P.S. - I love the white arm bands - it tells you what is coming. biggrin.gif ...you know dang well drivers are looking for those white arms with their peripheral vision...and worrying.

I love how all our guys are healthy for the most part, nagging injuries and a few missed practices here and there. Al, Josh, and Joe showing no signs of complications after missing signifigant time or being limited in the playoffs last year. Lesser guys come up with excuses for playing poorly or being in and out of the lineup. Props to the traning staff. There's a lot of great teams (Boston, Portland, Cleveland, Nuggets, etc) and great players (Melo, Kobe, Roy, CP3) who are getting hit hard by the injury bug, but our squad (knock on wood) is standing tall as a whole from every jump ball to closing buzzer. Can't play well if you aren't available to play!

If Josh, Al, Joe, and CrawDog all log 82 games, I'd be surprised if we aren't sitting snug at number 2 in the conference, and setting ourselves up for a long run of winning similar to what Dallas has been doing for some time now.

Josh is our team MVP, plain and simple. Imagine if he develops a respectable jumper. He'd be unstoppable, but I won't hold my breath.

Let's Go Hawks.

Edited by benhillboy

great game indeed.

as for him adding a respectable jumper. i sometimes think, if a big man add a jumper. it changes his game. just like rasheed wallace. he has the length, the size AND the skills to be one of the better(best) post player but he much rather shoot the 3s. sure he can shoot it real well but i rather have somebody, like the josh smith we got right now.