• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I love how after every loss...

AnthonyI11

EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE on this forum goes insane. You guys panic..say everyone on the team sucks, we arent going anywhere..blah..blahh..blah. Then when we win you guys are like yeaaah! joe is great! marvin is great woooooo.

My point is.. if youre going to be a fairweather fan go find another team to "cheer" for cause im SICK AND TIRED of reading the same 4 threads everyday. "Marvin sucks" "teague belings in d league" "mike bibby sucks and is gay" "joe johnson is horrible"

Go find another team.

:brick wall:

Edited by JoeJohnsonATL24
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE on this forum goes insane. You guys panic..say everyone on the team sucks, we arent going anywhere..blah..blahh..blah. Then when we win you guys are like yeaaah! joe is great! marvin is great woooooo.

My point is.. if youre going to be a fairweather fan go find another team to "cheer" for cause im SICK AND TIRED of reading the same 4 threads everyday. "Marvin sucks" "teague belings in d league" "mike bibby sucks and is gay" "joe johnson is horrible"

Go find another team.

I think that this site would be boring without those predictable threads. It's sad that most people around here have fixated on one player as the Source of All Evil for the team (especially considering that there is much disagreement on who is said Source), but c'est la team.

Edited by niremetal

Go find another team.

When the team wins, the same basic guys are giving little production. They could go on a 10 game winning streak and they would still be what they are in the end. If somebody makes threads like these pointing out how these same guys suck after a win guys like you will just say that the team won and we shouldn't complain and should be happy.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE on this forum goes insane. You guys panic..say everyone on the team sucks, we arent going anywhere..blah..blahh..blah. Then when we win you guys are like yeaaah! joe is great! marvin is great woooooo....

Oh c'mon JJA24...it's what we are good at biggrin.gif . How boring would it be to post "I've noticed that in the last 5 games Bibby seems to be leaving more of his perimeter shots short than he has in the past...I don't want to jump to conclusions though so I'll give him another 10 games before pronouncing it as a "trend".

Heck, the chatroom is even better. Guys go from bums to heros and back to being bums in the space of two minutes.

JJ you're partially right but where you're wrong is that not EVERYONE panics, in fact I'd say the majority of those that don't go into panic mode and act like the world is about to end and the seasons over and all that simply stay away from here until the next day or so ... even I do that! Losing a game sucks bad enough that I don't need to come on here feel even worse about it but I am glad that we have members who care as much as they do to post some of this stuff that others may feel is unnecessary.

I know this might be hard to believe. Every teams fanbase reacts this way. For example go check the Bulls realgm page when they are losing or the Raptors Realgm Board. Raps fans start resorting to calling Bosh and every other player on their roster a pus. Bulls fans want everyone traded. This stuff happens all the time.

I know this might be hard to believe. Every teams fanbase reacts this way. For example go check the Bulls realgm page when they are losing or the Raptors Realgm Board. Raps fans start resorting to calling Bosh and every other player on their roster a pus. Bulls fans want everyone traded. This stuff happens all the time.

Well the Bulls fans have a point lol6.gif

• Premium Member

Losses magnify the teams' flaws.... and every team has flaws. It's pretty natural for fans to focus on the negative aspects of a team after a loss, because those are the aspects that are usually responsible for the loosing.

Biggest flaws on our team imo:

REBOUNDING

MARVIN + BIBBY giving us nothing day in and day out

WOODSON

BENCH

The Marvin and Bibby is especially disappointing because those guys were playing well last year.

<<< doesn't panic. Phoenix is a good team at home.

Last night's loss was disappointing though, seeing that it was basically their 2nd unit who outplayed us and the fact that Nash had a horrible game ( by his standards ).

When you hold Phoenix to 88 points, that should be an automatic win for the other team, because they're not a good defensive team. But we can't expect to win when we get outrebounded by double digits and give up a ton of offensive rebounds.

JJ has had to carry us on the road all year ( especially against good teams ). Last night was a game in which he probably should've been . . . (( gasp )) . . . selfish, and took about 25 shots. It's too bad that, other than the Smiths, the rest of the team played like garbage. Horford and Crawford trying to produce in the 4th quarter was just a bit too little, too late.

Oh well . . go to Oakland and take care of business ( that's an ESPN game by the way ) and try to steal a game @ Utah on Monday. If we can do that, going 3 - 1 on the trip is a very good result. Knowing Crawford, because he played like crap last night, means that he'll try to put 30 on the Warriors.

It happens on just about every board. Its called passion. Why can't we be passionate about the team we love? Before this season started, we all were expecting this team to make a run for the finals. Not just the third round..........THE FINALS! We no longer look at our team as just a good team but a team being able to contend for a spot in the finals with a balanced bench and increased production from our starters based on the previous season. Is it our fault we aren't overly optimistic like you are after every win and every loss because everything smells like roses even if it looks like turd? Most of us are glad the team is able to garner this many victories with just 4-5 ppl playing phenomenally well but baffled by the drop off in production from Mo, MArvin, Bibby and ZAZA especially. These guys don't even give us 10 points combined on a lot of nights anymore which is why we could potentially face a first round exit since other teams have made necessary trades to make themselves better.

We are the way we are because we believe in the team and think the world of them. We are the only ones that know how good they are and how much better they should be. That's why it bothers us when the certain players' production we normally accustomed to getting from last year aren't delivering, it has us pondering why Sund hadn't made a move by now and how deep can we really take ourselves in to the post season?

• Like 1

Like someone above said, losing exposes weaknesses. Yes, all teams have weaknesses, but that doesn't mean we (as fans) can't complain about them. I think this is especially common when you are a fan of a team like the Hawks. I believe we feel like the Hawks are close to being elite but lack a few minor details. We just need a little more from Marvin and Bibby. We need a little more discipline from Josh. We need a little more experience for Horford. We need a lot more emotion from our "star" player, but this too is a minor detail and easily fixed. The bench, as a whole (thanks to Crawford), is fine. But individually we need more from them after Crawford. We need Crawford to be healthy. We need Woodson to develop a half court offense when we aren't doing well in the run game.

These are all areas of concern that can be fixed.

Marvin and Bibby have the talent to be more productive. We have seen it.

Josh has been and can be dominant. I think he has been more disciplined than ever and needs to keep his head together just a little more.

Hordford is learning and improving with every game.

I saw JJ jumping up and down on the game winning 3 pointer from Crawford. So I know he can be emotional.

Joe Smith, Mo Evans, and Zaza all have some talent.

Crawford will be healthy again very soon.

Woodson has to know how to work a half court offense. Maybe he can go back before he started coaching the Hawks and refresh his memory.

But all of these are minor. We are close to being an elite team. These "tweaks" just need to be addressed and bitching about them among fans can't be bad. Hopefully the coaching staff is listening.

There is no need to panic. We arent supposed to be this good in the first place. Cant everyone be content with the steady progress weve made. This team is gonna vie for a 2-4th seed in the East. What is there to complain about? The Magic are struggling just like us and that team is stocked full of talent. Think positive.

Go find another team.

Mike Bibby is gay? :cant believe:

It happens on just about every board. Its called passion. Why can't we be passionate about the team we love? Before this season started, we all were expecting this team to make a run for the finals. Not just the third round..........THE FINALS!

LOL . . really? Who was talking NBA Finals with this team before the season started? Most people were worried if we could push past the 2nd round, and possibly get to the EC Finals. But NBA Finals? LOL . . who was talking about winning a championship back in October? Especially after that Orlando preseason blowout? It was instant doom and gloom around here after that loss. People went crazy.

We no longer look at our team as just a good team but a team being able to contend for a spot in the finals with a balanced bench and increased production from our starters based on the previous season. Is it our fault we aren't overly optimistic like you are after every win and every loss because everything smells like roses even if it looks like turd?

WOW . . so which one is it? Is this team a "rosy turd" . . . or a team that you look at as being able to contend for a spot in the Finals? I know which one Hotlanta would say. Because they can't be both. If the team looks like a rosy turd, even though it's winning, why are people expecting them to contend for a spot in the Finals?

Most of us are glad the team is able to garner this many victories with just 4-5 ppl playing phenomenally well but baffled by the drop off in production from Mo, MArvin, Bibby and ZAZA especially. These guys don't even give us 10 points combined on a lot of nights anymore which is why we could potentially face a first round exit since other teams have made necessary trades to make themselves better.

I think the problem was that a lot of people overhyped how good our bench really was from the get-go. That bench wasn't good last year, and only the addition of Crawford was a quality one. And even I was skeptical of him, considering his past play on previous teams. But some of you acted like signing Joe Smith and Jason Collins were just what this team needed to solidify the rotation. LOL . . no . . . those guys were cast-offs that no one else wanted.

We are the way we are because we believe in the team and think the world of them. We are the only ones that know how good they are and how much better they should be. That's why it bothers us when the certain players' production we normally accustomed to getting from last year aren't delivering, it has us pondering why Sund hadn't made a move by now and how deep can we really take ourselves in to the post season?

I can buy that. But like I said previously, some of you simply overhyped the entire team, knowing that the strength of our team was with the starting unit. And now, even that is in doubt, seeing that JJ, Smith, Horford, and Crawford are the 4 guys that usually come to play on a nightly basis. The rest of the squad shows up every now and then.

The problem around here, is that people have agendas. Certain people have nothing good to say when the Hawks win. But when they lose, all heck break loose. That's why the OP says that everyone "panics". The truth is, the Hawks may simply not be ready to play for a championship yet. So if they aren't, acceptance is the next step for some of you. Sometimes, you have to be realistic about the Hawks, instead of expecting them to win every game ( especially tough road games ).

It's the sweeping generalizations about the fate of this team that occurs after one win or one loss, that the OP is talking about. LOL . . and yes . . the board would be "boring" if that didn't take place. But it is kind of annoying.

It's just certain things that you know will and won't happen on this board, according to whether we win or lose.