• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which Hawk has been the biggest disappointment this year?

pimp

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Easily Marvin.

Bibby had declined 3 years in a row before bouncing back last year in a contract year- some regression had to be expected.

Zaza is the same way. He isn't playing any different than 2 years ago- last year in a contract year he bounced back. It was unclear whether his season from last year was to be expected, but it sure couldn't be discounted that he would fall back to his level from 2 seasons ago.

Marvin had steadily progressed since his rookie year. Last year he added the 3ball which made it seemed like he was poised to take a step forward. But he hasn't played this poorly since his rookie year. Its just a huge disappointment.

• Premium Member

I would say it's a tie between Marv and Bibby, but at least Bibby has age as an excuse. Marv's excuses are drying up rather quickly. I'm not saying let Marv go or something crazy like that, but I am disappointed in his play. If he can't get his offense going during a game, he should hit the boards and hit them HARD. There's no reason a player with his size and athleticism can't get 7rpg. He looks like he can become a great rebounder when he commits himself, but that commitment just hasn't been there on a consistent basis. Smoove and Al have to battle for boards against bigger players, so why can't Marv use his size advantage to pick up the slack a little against smaller SF's?

. If he can't get his offense going during a game, he should hit the boards and hit them HARD. There's no reason a player with his size and athleticism can't get 7rpg.

Marvin is averaging 2.25 rpg since the allstar break

That's a total of 9 rebounds in his last 4 games. Bibby has 10 rebounds over that span, and has played about 1 minute less per game than Marvin

Edited by pimp

• Premium Member

Easily Marvin.

Bibby had declined 3 years in a row before bouncing back last year in a contract year- some regression had to be expected.

Zaza is the same way. He isn't playing any different than 2 years ago- last year in a contract year he bounced back. It was unclear whether his season from last year was to be expected, but it sure couldn't be discounted that he would fall back to his level from 2 seasons ago.

Marvin had steadily progressed since his rookie year. Last year he added the 3ball which made it seemed like he was poised to take a step forward. But he hasn't played this poorly since his rookie year. Its just a huge disappointment.

Have to agree here. Marvin is more than capable of bringing more than what he's shown this year. I've seen it. We all have. It's just a disappointing season for him.

Kind of a depressing poll since there are so many strong candidates lol.

As bad as Marvin has been he is still scoring more than Bibby and shooting 5% better from the field than Bibby. Plus he actually plays D. Bibby has been garbage across the board so my vote goes to him.

I would probably have to say Marvin but it's very close between him and Bibby. Anything can change throughout the rest of the season and the playoffs but right now Marvin just isn't really showing me too much to be impressed about. I hope he proves me wrong but he is just not himself.

• Moderators

Easily Marvin.

I agree with this analysis but I raise Zaza up in the disappointment ladder because he had one bad season 2 years ago which was out of line with all his other seasons, including last year. I think there were fewer reasons to expect this kind of regression than with Bibby.

For me:

Marvin > Zaza > Bibby > Teague/Woody (the fact that Teague has gotten worse over the season) > Mo Evans

I voted ZaZa........he is the only player on the list who's role has not changed.

Marvin, Bibby, & Mo have all had reduced roles due to the addition of Crawford and his 30 mpg of playing time.

We did not add anyone to our frontcourt that should, or has, taken minutes from ZaZa. ZaZa's only excuse in his dip in playing time is lack of production.

I voted Marvin, just like Josh Smith, he took a step back after his big contract year. He will be much better year, he better be.

I voted Marvin, just like Josh Smith, he took a step back after his big contract year. He will be much better year, he better be.

I voted Bibby. I hope Zaza and Marvin will be better than they are...all I hope for Bibby is that he makes open shots, which he has done throughout his career. He cant seem to do that anymore so he brings nothing. That is the greatest disappointment.

I hope Marvin and Zaza play well but I'm not at all surprised when they dont. I expect Bibby to hit shots, which he no longer does.

Damn, there are way too many candidates. Coachx's explanation of Zaza is interesting, but it has to be Messy Marv. I don't even see how he can lead a happy life right now with the way he's performing. Doesn't he owe Josh and Al a percentage of his checks for carrying 1.5 times their load up front? Mo always wears out his welcome with a team after a year and a half or so. No surprise there.

Edited by benhillboy

I voted Zaza, though I still believe that his injury may have something to do with it, but i'm not going to blame it on that alone. He is trying to do too much when he gets the ball because he knows he won't get many minutes because he is sloppy because he tried to do too much. It is just a circle : (