• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any Day Now Marvin...

benhillboy

I hate to pile on the guy, but how long will this amazing futility last? Well below average NBA player efficiency. Looking at his NBA.com player page, it's just depressing. Not one positive news item, and I know they were searching. It seems everybody wants him to play well, EXCEPT HIMSELF! Many point to the decreased minutes, but is 1.7 minutes less than your career average that signifigant? Isn't he setting new benchmarks for futility, being that he's started every available game? And where in the hell is 10 points a night coming from? Statisticians feeling sorry for him? Really, I know someone has dug up some unbelievably sad stats for Messy, because I can't believe what I've been seeing this year from him. You expect NBA players to go through stretches of good and bad in terms of 5, 10 game intervals. Maybe a month where they're playing well above or below expectations. I want Marvin to post a substantial double-double ONCE. His season would be a success at this point. It's like each game, he gets exponentially worse, because after the previous game, you think he has nowhere to go but up. Wrong.

Damn, now I look at Bibby's quick stats, and I'm about to shed a tear. Come on, guys. Will they both bust out tonight? (repeat question every night). The fact that we continue to win is a hell of a compliment to Woody, Josh, Joe, Craw, Al, and Rick. I always appreciate Marv's comedy, though. Nothing like getting a good healthy laugh while your team wins.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Yea if you like mediocrity then he is doing just fine.

What else can he do? with Joe and JAmal he will never get ample shots, with Josh and Al, he get never get to post. He is doing good as the 6th option on our team...god people, he is what he is.

• Like 1

What else can he do? with Joe and JAmal he will never get ample shots, with Josh and Al, he get never get to post. He is doing good as the 6th option on our team...god people, he is what he is.

Then is Sund the fool for giving such a big contract for such a replaceable nonfactor?

I wish Woody would've kept Marv in for 2 more points and a board, but then we probably wouldn't have seen Rio's Jordan impression. 20-10 would've been big for his psyche, but beggars can't be choosy. Four assists, a steal, and no turnovers? Monster game by Marvin standards. Bravo.

As for Bibs, 5 points and 1 assist. Ha! Sometimes, the cameraman has to get a shot of Bibby on the bench because at times I forget he's on this team. It's like "Hey, Mike Bibby! What's up man? How you been!"

Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy

Marvin Williams is doing fine as being the sixth option on this team, I don't understand all this hate on this board, if he was a higher option like he was before he would get 17 and 7 like its nothing, its hard to get into a rhythm when joe and jamal are just going iso and you get no looks.

Marvin Williams is doing fine as being the sixth option on this team, I don't understand all this hate on this board, if he was a higher option like he was before he would get 17 and 7 like its nothing, its hard to get into a rhythm when joe and jamal are just going iso and you get no looks.

He gets enough looks as a spot up shooter and he could up his averages if he wetted his J consistently.

• Premium Member

He gets enough looks as a spot up shooter and he could up his averages if he wetted his J consistently.

^^This.

...and I would LOVE to see him not just let the ball go through his hands every possession. It's like hot potato when it comes to him, "AHHHH GET IT OUT OF MY HANDS NOW!" Marvin defers to anyone that's on the court. For a guy that big, that fast, and that athletic, it's a shame... :( I want to see more out of him too. His rebounding could be a little higher, but not that much different from his career average. However, he could (and should be) putting up 15+ a night.