• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best PG in Hawks History

Diesel

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

I'm not going to vote, but for what it's worth, Ray Allen said the toughest defender he's played against.

http://www.celticsbl...-sure-i-had-the

It was a tough choice between Doc and Mookie but Mookie's D put him over the top for me.

JT was not a good pg (more suited to sg)

Spud was a backup

Bibby is on the downside of his career when he came here

I never really saw Eddie Johnson play a whole lot

Edited by capstone21

I'll go with Pearl Jam...errr I mean Mookie Blaylock.

I still remember watching headbangers ball ages ago when they mentioned they were a big fan of his and that was their 1st band name.

As for the list, I'll go with Mookie as well. Wow, we never have had an elite point guard. That list is pretty lame compared to some of the great points of the last several decades in the NBA. Will we ever land a hall of fame caliber point?

Edited by Eddielives

If Mookie was our PG today we would be fighting for the number 1 spot in the conference. He was borderline elite in his prime.

If Mookie was our PG we'd be holding teams under 90/pg. If Doc Rivers was our PG, we'd be scoring over 110 a game...pick your poison.

• Premium Member

Everybody always brings up Pistol Pete in a PG poll.

I always looked at Pete as an OG.

He played some PG as a Hawk, but his thing was scoring. He was a scoring guard. He didn't run offenses. He didn't play defense. He just scored... and he was a showstopping OG. I think when he played, it was really Lou's team. Lou took over when it was him and Walt Hazzard and them.. but Lou stayed on and became "the man". Pete was a great sidekick.