• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Singer/Songwriter The Dream wants to by the hawks

PureGreatness

I was watching the 106 n park because the dream was on and he said he is trying to buy the hawks.

what yall think?

Are you serious or is this a joke?

If you are serious being that I know who the Dream is Im not to sure to be happy about that or not! I mean what if this dude comes and changes everything this team has done by adding what he thinks would make the team better and just hiring a whole new staff and getting rid of Sund. I dont know man he's a songwriter/artist not a buisness man that knows how to deal with a NBA team..............damn this scares me!......if this is true anyhow!

Calm down people, if he is serious about buying the team he is probably just going to be a minority owner of the team just like Usher is in Lebronville and Jay Z is in Jersey. I seriously doubt that he could buy the team and I doubt that the owners would sell their majority stocks right now with our team being one of the youngest and most exciting teams in the league.

I am sure he got money, i mean the guy throws me 100$ to valet park his car every time.....

Mr. Nash AKA The Dream may have enough money to buy the Hawks alone, but Atlanta Spirit want to sell the Hawks with the Thrashers & The Phillips Arena.

"The Dream".......Never heard of him / her.

Sounds like a WWF wrestler.

I realy like your sig though...............Who is she ?

Never heard of past hits like Falsetto or "She rockin that thing "?

• Premium Member

It's truly hilarious that some people on here actually think The Dream has enough money to buy the Hawks. Some people apparently have zero conception of how much a professional sports team sells for relative to how much hip hop artists (even the most successful ones) make. Or at least how much they make and don't lose/spend.

The Hawks are worth about $306M. So Dr. Dre and Jay-Z don't even have the money to buy the Hawks (which is why Jay-Z is only a minority owner of the Nets, a team worth even less than the Hawks). The Dream? :laughing5:

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

It's truly hilarious that some people on here actually think The Dream has enough money to buy the Hawks. Some people apparently have zero conception of how much a professional sports team sells for relative to how much hip hop artists (even the most successful ones) make. Or at least how much they make and don't lose/spend.

The Hawks are worth about $306M. So Dr. Dre and Jay-Z don't even have the money to buy the Hawks (which is why Jay-Z is only a minority owner of the Nets, a team worth even less than the Hawks). The Dream? :laughing5:

LOL that does make sense! I guess I should have thought about that first!........Yeah if Jay Z is just a minority owner than of course The dream would only be a minority owner if even that!...LOL laughing at myself for even thinking this could be true!