• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next Season would it be better to start Teague over Bibby?

JTB

I like Mike Bib but maybe we need to let him come off the bench with Jamal Crawford next year! I mean our bench would be better and hopefully our starting lineup would be better with a young fast PG like Teague! I see some good things Teague can bring to this team if he played more. He's going to be a better player next year no doubt. He has shown some good intentions on the court as far as running the break, making good passes, and driving to the goal! He did however lose his confidence or was too nervous when he did get his shot to start but that happens to many players!

What Teague has over Bibby:

-of course speed and quickness

-i feel he's a better defender

what Teague doesnt have over Bibby:

-veteran leadership

-i guess i would have to say bibby is the better shooter (though he is so-so behind that 3 point line this year)

Here's my whole thing in the end about Bibby and where the hawks are going:

(Keep in mind that this is my thoughts!) When I see Bibby on the court I see somebody that isn't good for anything but 3's! Now before I get jumped on, I do wanna say he is a decent floor general BUT because the simple ISO OFFENSE woody runs, I dont give bibby a whole lot of credit for being a floor general because it isn't a hard responsibility cause it's so simple! Bibby's duties on the floor are simple enough for Teague to learn in no time!

This is Bibby's duties:

1.take the ball up the court and look for JJ

2.pass JJ the ball

3.get the hell out of the way and let JJ go to work

4.position yourself on the the court in case JJ needs to kick it out!

5.play defense

An that's really it! We dont do a whole lot of screens and difficult plays that Teague couldn't do! Another thing I think Teague is a far better decent defender than bibby. Anyways if Bibby doesn't do anything this post season and help this team win in the playoffs. I see 2 things happening over the summer possibly for NEXT season:

1.(This is what I would prefer to happen the most!) We make some type of trade involving Bibby for Darren Collison who has proved he can be a great PG this season if given the opportunity or we trade Bibby for Jarret Jack who's a great defender and decent at the 3 ball!

2.We start Teague making our offense and defense slightly better and put bibby on the bench giving us a another player coming off the bench that can make some impact with crawford, mo, joe smith and zaza!

Your Thoughts?

Edited by JTB

• Admin

I like Mike Bib but maybe we need to let him come off the bench with Jamal Crawford next year! I mean our bench would be better and hopefully our starting lineup would be better with a young fast PG like Teague! I see some good things Teague can bring to this team if he played more. He's going to be a better player next year no doubt. He has shown some good intentions on the court as far as running the break, making good passes, and driving to the goal! He did however lose his confidence or was too nervous when he did get his shot to start but that happens to many players!

What Teague has over Bibby:

-of course speed and quickness

-i feel he's a better defender

what Teague doesnt have over Bibby:

-veteran leadership

-i guess i would have to say bibby is the better shooter (though he is so-so behind that 3 point line this year)

Here's my whole thing in the end about Bibby and where the hawks are going:

(Keep in mind that this is my thoughts!) When I see Bibby on the court I see somebody that isn't good for anything but 3's! Now before I get jumped on, I do wanna say he is a decent floor general BUT because the simple ISO OFFENSE woody runs, I dont give bibby a whole lot of credit for being a floor general because it isn't a hard responsibility cause it's so simple! Bibby's duties on the floor are simple enough for Teague to learn in no time!

This is Bibby's duties:

1.take the ball up the court and look for JJ

2.pass JJ the ball

3.get the hell out of the way and let JJ go to work

4.position yourself on the the court in case JJ needs to kick it out!

5.play defense

An that's really it! We dont do a whole lot of screens and difficult plays that Teague couldn't do! Another thing I think Teague is a far better decent defender than bibby. Anyways if Bibby doesn't do anything this post season and help this team win in the playoffs. I see 2 things happening over the summer possibly for NEXT season:

1.(This is what I would prefer to happen the most!) We make some type of trade involving Bibby for Darren Collison who has proved he can be a great PG this season if given the opportunity or we trade Bibby for Jarret Jack who's a great defender and decent at the 3 ball!

2.We start Teague making our offense and defense slightly better and put bibby on the bench giving us a another player coming off the bench that can make some impact with crawford, mo, joe smith and zaza!

Your Thoughts?

I don't know if all the underlining is necessary but until Teague proves he can play starter minutes...no I don't think he should start over Bibby. I have seen glimpses of him being a good player but most of the time he has not proven he should be getting big minutes.

We still don't know whether Teague will be Terrell Brandon (starter) or Howard Eisley (career reserve) yet...

True on Teague.................and I doubt we could get anything of value for Bibby next year. Now in 2012, when he is an expiring contract we could probably trade him for an upgrade in talent.

• Premium Member

True on Teague.................and I doubt we could get anything of value for Bibby next year. Now in 2012, when he is an expiring contract we could probably trade him for an upgrade in talent.

Assuming expiring contracts remain important under the new CBA...

• Moderators

Jeff shouldn't be penciled in as an opening-day starter, not just yet.

But he should be groomed all summer long with that goal in mind. His PG development should be the prime focus of Summer League 2K10.

Can someone scour the golf courses around town and for Mookie Blaylock** and get him in the fold, just for a couple months of tutoring? He's a man of few words, sure, but he wouldn't need many to get Jeff on the right path, especially defensively.

He should also work on his fast break decision making with Bibby. Within two years, "Teague-to-Smoove" should be as ingrained in sports lexicon as Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance (...OK, fine, Stockton-to-Malone).

And darn it... make that boy EAT something! I wanna see at least ten more pounds of muscle/gristle on him by Columbus Day. For a player who's offense will depend heavily on drives, I don't want to see the trainers duct taping him back together after a regular season's worth of heavy minutes. Take him into Five GuysTM and lock the door. :)

**side trivia: What nickname have teammates ascribed to Jeff's younger brother, Marquis? ((answer hiding in 2009 HoopsTV interview))

~lw3

• Premium Member

Yeah...too soon for this kind of talk. Speculation as to if/when he will be a starter is one thing, but we don't know what Teague will eventually amount to. I'll say this for him...I thought Acie was good at getting to the rim, but Teague has decent court awareness and can penetrate like it's nobody's business. I think it's just a matter of time before he can finish strong with consistency, but if that jumper ever develops...good God.

Don't know about starting, but we definitely need to invest some decent minutes into him next year.

Law easily, even though both weren't good Acie had a few spurts of good play throughout the season.

I am the only one who sees how good Teague can be? I say within the next 2-3 seasons he could be a borderline allstar caliber player. He has good court vision and ive seen him make some great passes this year. You guys gotta realize hed have alot more assist if he played with the starters. I cant count how many times he thrown a nice dime to Joe Smith or Mo and they miss the open jumper.

And plus any PG in the leage could get at least 2-3 assist from Smoove a game just by alley oops. I say next season we platoon him and bibby alot more and give them equal minutes at first and let one of them earn the job. If teague can put up better numbers the first 20 or so games then give it to him and give him the majority of the minutes. Plus i dont like jamal playing the point. Its not the worse thing in the world cause he is a decent passer.

• Like 1

I don't know if all the underlining is necessary but until Teague proves he can play starter minutes...no I don't think he should start over Bibby. I have seen glimpses of him being a good player but most of the time he has not proven he should be getting big minutes.

It's hard to prove anything when your coach won't play you or only gives you a token 5 minutes a game. We've all seen Teague have a good game and then not play in the next one. Woody will do his best(or worst) to make sure Teague doesn't develop.