• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Bucks: Round 1

JTB

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Game 1 - Sat April 17 Milwaukee at Atlanta 5:30PM ESPN

Game 2 - Tue April 20 Milwaukee at Atlanta 7:00PM NBATV

Game 3 - Sat April 24 Atlanta at Milwaukee 7:00PM ESPN

Game 4 - Mon April 26 Atlanta at Milwaukee TBD TBD TBD

Game 5 * Wed April 28 Milwaukee at Atlanta TBD TBD TBD

Game 6 * Fri April 30 Atlanta at Milwaukee TBD TBD TBD

Game 7 * Sun May 2 Milwaukee at Atlanta TBD TBD TBD

Edited by hoodstar

we need to get it inside to Al and Smoove, they really don't have anyone who can guard them. Our guards have to find a way to stop Jennings and Salmons. And we need to stop it with the damn switching defense, it is setting our big guys up for failure. EACH TIME

I think the Bucks best shot would be to go with a small lineup. Go with Mbah a Moute at center with Illyasova at PF. Just with the thought being that Ilyasova can drag Josh Smith out to the perimeter which will make the Bucks offense much more effective. I don't see Horford being able to do much against Mbah a Moute so I think this would work decently well.

On offense the Hawks need to exploit the lack of a shotblocker inside. Joe and Crawford can't settle for midrange jumpers. Take it to the hole strong and draw contact or dish.

But that said I just dont see the Bucks being able to get this done without Bogut. I think its likely that between Jennings and Salmons that everything will fall right for the Bucks one game and they will take one but I do think that without Bogut this is a nice matchup for the hawks.

WE have to win the series in 5 games. Otherwise, it's going 7.

I don't think we can win a Game 6 in Milwaukee, with them facing elimination on their home court. We need to take care of business in those first 2 games, then probably win Game 4 in Milwaukee. . to set up an elimination Game 5 on our home floor.

So I'll say that we'll win it in 5 games.

If the Hawks had a killer instinct they would sweep the Bucks. I know they're missing Redd, but it doesn't seem like he has been a rev player in a few years and he was TERRIBLE when he did play this season. So the big loss for the Bucks is Bogut.... But still, since the Hawks don't have a killer instinct I see it going 6 games.

The Hawks are too much for Milwaukee even at full strength(MIL).

4-1 ATL

It would have been interesting even if they had Bogut. But since they do not, and have no shot blocker, we should be able to dominate in the paint. Salmons can only do so much, but I am thinking we win this 4-1. The Bucks have been scrappy without Bogut, but not having him will be their undoing.

we need to get it inside to Al and Smoove, they really don't have anyone who can guard them. Our guards have to find a way to stop Jennings and Salmons. And we need to stop it with the damn switching defense, it is setting our big guys up for failure. EACH TIME

The only guy stopping Jennings is himself. His inmaturity is crazy. His shot selection is putrid. His basketball IQ is quite poor.

There is no chance that we stpo switching. Weve done it for 82 games, it wont just stop now.

I'll say this; if the Hawks are serious about doing ANYTHING against Orlando in the second round and getting to the ECF, they better finish the Bucks quickly and get some rest while the Magic and Bobcats kill one another (Larry Brown won't allow them to lay down for four games). I know Salmons can get into Hibachi-mode but with no Michael Redd and Andrew Bogut, there's no excuse for them not to be up 3-1 heading back here for Game 5 (with the one game being the courtesy, fan-appreciation, thanks for coming game in Milwaukee) or finish them off in a sweep.

If they need a Game 7 at Philips to bail them out, they have no shot against the Magic; NONE.

• Moderators

we need to get it inside to Al and Smoove, they really don't have anyone who can guard them.

This is the single biggest key to me - getting the ball inside for high % shots and fouls. It can be JJ posting up, Horford driving, Smith diriving...whatever. But this is a big test for Mike Woodson's ability to instill a gameplan and discipline on offense. During the regular season our mandate against the Knicks should have been to abuse them inside but we never had the offensive gameplan in action and ended up getting beaten around by a squeezably soft opponent that had no business hanging with us. We can't let that repeat against the Bucks. While they aren't soft like the Knicks, they don't have the talent to compete with us in the paint if we are smart about exploiting matchups.

Edited by AHF

This should be an easy series but it probably won't be because of the coaching disparity. Skiles >>>> Woody. Woody will keep on playing the switching defense and let Salmons abuse Horford and Smith at will.

At the other end i don't see Woody having the sense to get the Hawks to consistently attack inside. As AHF mentioned losing the season series to the Knicks is evidence enough of that.

The good news in the playoffs for the Hawks is that a couple of their major weaknesses in the regular season will be minimized. For the most part the bench sucked this year other than Crawford. In the playoffs the rotations get shorter so that isn't as much of a problem.

During the season the Hawks had a problem getting up and playing hard against weaker opponents. In the playoffs that shouldn't be a problem either.

Edited by exodus

• 3 weeks later...

Hawks have much better players than Bucks (without Bogut) but are bad road team and Skiles >>> Woodson hence I expect two away losses.

I was quite close, but Hawks choking in game 5 ruined my prediction.