• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith is dumb and lazy!

plskeepbibby

• Premium Member

Josh is neither lazy nor stupid, and it reflects more on his haters than on him that there are still people waiting around for him to make a mistake so that they can jump down his throat.

• Admin

Josh is neither lazy nor stupid, and it reflects more on his haters than on him that there are still people waiting around for him to make a mistake so that they can jump down his throat.

Well he is playing with no heart tonight and his not coming back to play d has led to multiple 3 point plays for Orlando

• Premium Member

Well he is playing with no heart tonight and his not coming back to play d has led to multiple 3 point plays for Orlando

I don't have a problem with criticizing him on specific plays as long as it doesn't devolve to absurd generalizations about him as a player/person.

Are you joking right now????? The kid still doesn't understand he can't dribble down the court... And I guess you are calling hubie brown an mike tirico haters of Josh smith... Neither of those guys have a dog in the fight and they can call out his bs....

I don't have a problem with criticizing him on specific plays as long as it doesn't devolve to absurd generalizations about him as a player/person.

There is no excuse for the lazy/dumb way that Josh plays sometimes. It's those type of lulls that are the reason he didn't make the all-start team this year. The crap he pulled early in the 3rd quarter started the downward tilt of the Hawks momentum they had built.

I'm sorry, I try not to criticize Josh too much, because I know he has instances of extreme energy, and intelligence, and then stupidness and laziness.

BUT TONIGHT, it was embarrassing. He pouted, walked up the court, and let people take open threes. He didn't run to close out on shooters, and pouted some more.

Oh well.

Our entire organization is dumb and lazy. From the front office to coaching to the players to bob and nique. Josh was walking up the floor which lead to easy points for them. All he does is whine and hold is eye anytime he doesnt get a foul. Its old.

• Like 1

Josh is not good enough for us to have to put up with this. Teams think he is good maybe we can rip someone off for a true point or big man. Hell maybe even a shooting guard that actually shows up for the playoffs in a contract year.

• Like 1

I can honestly say that I have never seen such utter displays of laziness and "I don't care-ness" in all my years watching basketball. That was effin pathetic.

It was pretty bad. But I wouldn't say stupid or lazy. Smoove often reverts to being a typical prima donna athlete when things don't go his way. I've seen a bunch of them at different levels of sports through the years. Another way of putting it is a "sunshine soldier".

Whoa, aren't we being hard on Josh? Sure, questionable foul calls get him off of his game way too easily for an adult, and opposing teams smartly can compound his lack of focus by simply giving him 8 feet, leading to the Josh Smith Jumpshot: one of the worst plays in NBA History. But I wouldn't call a player dumb and lazy who is well-respected as a League-Wide Top 5 Defender who shoots over 50%, and whose post-season numbers trump his regular season stats in Shooting Percentage, Rebounds, Free Throw Percentage, and Blocks, although his shooting and blocks were below tonight.

Edited by benhillboy

Josh really disappointed me tonight. I can't believe that he pulled this crap in a playoff game that was competitive. I have no idea what he was doing early in the 3rd quarter, but I don't think I've ever been that pissed at him before. This was definitely not a good night for Smith. He made himself look really immature.

Josh really disappointed me tonight. I can't believe that he pulled this crap in a playoff game that was competitive. I have no idea what he was doing early in the 3rd quarter, but I don't think I've ever been that pissed at him before. This was definitely not a good night for Smith. He made himself look really immature.

im with you i dont know why he acted like that when we were still in the game and competeing. What was going through josh head i wonder? He just really dissapointed me tonight. he did more than just b*tch as usual. he played with no heart or hustle. he's so much better than that! what scares me is that i honestly think he might do this insane s*** again!...hopefully we are winning BIG next time he decides to act like this