• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Hawks Offseason plan....

Diesel

• Premium Member

First.. on the monday after we exit the playoffs, Announce that the new Hawks coach will be Lenny "my main man" Wilkens (former Hawk). Do you believe that it's possible that Sund and Wilkens are friends? Wilkens will coach for 1 year with Sam Mitchell as his understudy waiting to take over. Wilkens will only coach to bring excitement to the most wins and to teach these players some BBIQ and get the most out of them.

If not Wilkens/Mitchell... then maybe just Avery Johnson. But hold that Wilkens Mitchell thought first in your mind.

2nd... Draft day... BPA.

Accept Mo Evans Opt out. (let's face it, Mo would be a fool not to opt out now...Too much money available this year and not enough next year.)

Resign Joe Johnson for 6 years.... 83 million Frontloaded in the first year.

Sign Steve Blake to a MLE contract (5 years 35 Million).

Sign Johan Petro to the Vet Min.

Listen to deals for Josh Childress, Bibby, and Marvin.

If no good deals for Chillz comes, go over the cap and sign him.

Our team:

Blake/Teague/Bibby

Johnson/Crawford

Chillz/Marvin

Smoove/Zaza

Horf/Petro/

The draft pick will either be a PF or Sf. (BPA).

Lenny will make this team a winner with a motion offense and a strong defense.

He will teach Josh and Horf how to work in the post.

He will let Blake run the show.

Blake will be almost a double double guy... and he's about 40% from 3.

• Like 1

You think Bibby would be cool with Steve Blake taking his starting postion? I say we sign Joe and trade him & Bibby for Chris Paul & Morris Peterson. I don't know how healthy Paul would be & we would still need a big man, but he and Smoove would help sell out the Phillips on a regular basis. Mo Pete would essentially be replacing the ppg that Bibby was producing.

You think Bibby would be cool with Steve Blake taking his starting postion? I say we sign Joe and trade him & Bibby for Chris Paul & Morris Peterson. I don't know how healthy Paul would be & we would still need a big man, but he and Smoove would help sell out the Phillips on a regular basis. Mo Pete would essentially be replacing the ppg that Bibby was producing.

Come on Blunt. Be realistic man. Chris Paul is a SUPERSTAR in this league. While Collison is good, he's no Chris Paul.

So why would the Hornets trade their ONLY star and box office attraction?

Let's be realistic about this guys. We are NOT getting back a superstar in a JJ sign and trade. It's not going to happen. If we do get a star caliber player, it'll be a player that the team and its fans have given up on, and just want to see someone new in the spot. The face of the Hornets is Chris Paul. They're not trading that dude for anything. Ish . . they probably wouldn't even trade him for D-Wade

Edited by northcyde

Come on Blunt. Be realistic man. Chris Paul is a SUPERSTAR in this league. While Collison is good, he's no Chris Paul.

So why would the Hornets trade their ONLY star and box office attraction?

Let's be realistic about this guys. We are NOT getting back a superstar in a JJ sign and trade. It's not going to happen. If we do get a star caliber player, it'll be a player that the team and its fans have given up on, and just want to see someone new in the spot. The face of the Hornets is Chris Paul. They're not trading that dude for anything. Ish . . they probably wouldn't even trade him for D-Wade

A trade with New Orleans for JJ means we'd have to take back Emeka Okafor and his bloated contract... If Collison was included, I'm down. Okafor is basically Al without any offensive ability; an undersized 5 who would be much better suited at the 4 but could give us 6 fouls and some rebounds...

A trade with New Orleans for JJ means we'd have to take back Emeka Okafor and his bloated contract... If Collison was included, I'm down. Okafor is basically Al without any offensive ability; an undersized 5 who would be much better suited at the 4 but could give us 6 fouls and some rebounds...

I agree with you on this. If New Orleans wants to trade Collison, I say we go after him. As much as I would like to get CP3, I just don't see the Hornets trading him away.

I like most of your plans Diesel but I don't know man.......................With these misers we have as owners, lenny will demand too much money. I preferably want fratello if they are willing to pony up some bread or hire one of alvin gentry's assistants if they want their next scott brooks. What do you guys think about eric speolstra if Riley should return as head coach? I think he got the most out of the limited talent mad available to him.

First.. on the monday after we exit the playoffs, Announce that the new Hawks coach will be Lenny "my main man" Wilkens (former Hawk). Do you believe that it's possible that Sund and Wilkens are friends? Wilkens will coach for 1 year with Sam Mitchell as his understudy waiting to take over. Wilkens will only coach to bring excitement to the most wins and to teach these players some BBIQ and get the most out of them.

If not Wilkens/Mitchell... then maybe just Avery Johnson. But hold that Wilkens Mitchell thought first in your mind.

2nd... Draft day... BPA.

Accept Mo Evans Opt out. (let's face it, Mo would be a fool not to opt out now...Too much money available this year and not enough next year.)

Our team:

Blake/Teague/Bibby

Johnson/Crawford

Chillz/Marvin

Smoove/Zaza

Horf/Petro/

Unfortunately, Diesel, in all due respect, that lineup is just RESHUFFLING THE DECK CHAIRS.

The Hawks have to address the lack of speed in their backcourt and especially at the PG position. That PG doesn't necessarily have to be a starter, but someone who can play 15-18 minutes a game. I still have hope for Jeff Teague, but the Hawks still need to find another young guard who can break down defenses and run an offense.

I don't believe Steve Blake would be a difference maker for the Hawks-- especially against Orlando or Cleveland (Lebron is likely to stay in Cleveland).

Obviously, there is a void at the small forward position. Marvin must be traded. There must be more production from the small forward position. Looking at what Jason Richardson has done for Phoenix, the Hawks need that a player to have that same type of impact. I had suggested someone such as Corey Maggette, who is an aggressive scorer and has a reputation of getting to the free throw line. Maggette is not exclusively a jump shooter and able to take the contact (unlike Marvin) and get the opposing team's small forward such as a Paul Pierce or even Lebron in some foul trouble or at least pose a threat.

I have no problems with Childress coming back in some capacity off the bench.

Josh Smith has peaked as a player. His third quarter antics in Game 2 at Orlando and the emergence of jacking up long outside shots in the post-season suggest his on-court basketball attitude won't change. Plus, he won't battle Dwight Howard(for whatever reason) and that's a problem--moving forward. He can't manage his emotions under adversity. Josh has trade value and the Hawks should try to package him with another player and try to move up in the draft and get an impact player who can help the Hawks in 2011.

A player such as John Wall or Evan Turner would change the Hawks team and give us a different profile against teams such as Cleveland and Orlando. If Lebron and Dwight Howard are staying where they are, the Hawks have to find a way to beat them. Johan Petro and Steve Blake aren't the answer.

Vince Carter has terrorized the Hawks for a decade along with Manu Ginobli, so going after a guy such as Raja Bell could be possibility.

If the Hawks don't re-sign Joe, then give that money to Amare Stoudamire or Chris Bosh. He brings more to the table in terms of front court scoring.

Edited by hawks21

Bibby/Evan Turner or John Wall/Teague

Crawford/Raja Bell

Maggette/Chillz

Stoudamire/Collins

Horford/Zaza

If Joe walks then we can't just give that money to another free agent. This has been discussed heavily on this board. This is a very unrealistic collection of players that the Hawks could acquire. I like where your head is at though and like the general ideas here, it just can't and won't happen.

No...Bibby has to go. Bibby has 2 years left on his deal. He will be shipped out for a player with 4 years ish left in a package deal to give someone else cap relief for the 2012 season. Probably trade deadline of the upcoming season.

2nd... Draft day... BPA.

Our team:

Blake/Teague/Bibby

Johnson/Crawford

Chillz/Marvin

Smoove/Zaza

Horf/Petro/

Chillz will be back in the NBA this year. With the financial turmoil in Greece right now, JC will do the smart thing and take the sure money to come home.

• Premium Member

You lost me at the re-sign Joe part.

OK. First let me explain this to you because it's obvious you don't get it. IF we trade Joe... No team is going to give up star quality back except maybe Toronto... However, how many PFs do you want here?

Secondly. JJ is still an allstar calibre player. He has major value (when signed).. Every players value dips when trying to trade them in a SNT. I say we sign Joe and then we have a living walking tradable player if we need to trade him. I wouldn't give Joe the max, but I would give him the maximum years that we can offer. The reason why is because 1. Joe is an ironman. 2. with that kind of deal, Joe would not be able to find a much better deal. Nobody's going to give him 13 Million 6 years from now. Sund did worst with Ray Allen.

Third. Let's see these guys under a new coach. What we do know of Joe is that he's our best scorer. Don't let the fresh double team he's sporting and the bad offensive gameplan fool you. Joe is still our best offensive piece.. and I love Crawford. Let's see what happens with Joe under a coach that will not use him as a hybrid PG but as a true SG?

Fourth. And this may be something that you and some of your cronies may not be old enough to remember... You don't f up Chemistry. Many of the rest of us were here to see what happened after Babcock traded Nique for Manning. Sure Manning had a nice statline but we were never the same team. Sure Nique had his problems, but when we traded him, we were never the same team. It has taken 20 years for us to get back to being as good. And now you want to repeat history by taking any deal we can get for Joe? That's not smart.

• Premium Member

At the beginning of the season, Bibby was cool with Teague coming in and taking his position and him taking a mentoring role. I still think that Teague is the future, but we have a win now window that's open. Blake is just better than Bibby (right now). Blake can actually run an offense and will get up to 9 assists per game. Bibby in comparison is just a short OG. For us to make it, we need a real PG with real PG skills. If Teague can learn from Blake, then it won't be long that Teague will be the man in Atlanta. But we have to get a real PG in here to stand in the gap.

• Premium Member

I like most of your plans Diesel but I don't know man.......................With these misers we have as owners, lenny will demand too much money. I preferably want fratello if they are willing to pony up some bread or hire one of alvin gentry's assistants if they want their next scott brooks. What do you guys think about eric speolstra if Riley should return as head coach? I think he got the most out of the limited talent mad available to him.

We should not look for an assistant. Assistants don't win in the playoffs. We need somebody who has been there as a player (those are the guys that win in the playoffs). Still, I say Lenny/Mitchell because these guys really need a lot of BBIQ help. Lenny is a guy who can definitely teach. Fratello too. However, I say Lenny because of the Sund connection and Lenny is likely to do it for 1 year simply to get the record back. Plus that would make for good theater. Lenny vs. Nelly. They'd have nightly updates on the Lenny vs. Nelly situ.

But after 1 year, I'd want Lenny to turn the reigns over to Mitchell. I don't know how far Lenny would take us. However, I think he would take us deep into the playoffs.