• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Do You Want Joe Back?

JackB1

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't want him back, screw him, we have seen what he is capable of in the playoffs and it is not pretty and not worth the money. Even during the season he is way to streaky to be counted on as the #1 star player for this team.

Him and Woody can simply walk away for all I care.

We can probably get swept in the second round of the playoffs every year without paying Joe what he is demanding.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The curiosity I have is for ASG... not necessarily "Do they want him," but exactly how much money they have on the table for a six-year contract NOW, after that atrocious playoff performance, and whether it is at or below what they offered when Joe turned it down last summer. I assume any averaged amounts above that value that another team is willing to offer over 5 years will hasten the efforts to pursue SNT options.

~lw3

I don't know, it depends what we do during draft night.

I do not want Joe back, and here is my reasoning.

Joe Johnson has proven he cannot handle pressure and playoff situations. We give Joe the "go-to player" role and just isn't efficient enough. Sure, he gets his stats. Averages over 20, 5, 5 a game, but when the last time you sat back and watched a game and thought to yourself... "Wow, Joe Johnson is amazing. This guy can really is a superstar." I can tell you right now i've never had that thought. We need someone like, say, Chris Bosh. Yes, Chris Bosh.

Bosh is solid and is exactly what we need on this team. This guy averages more points than Joe, while averaging a double-double at the same time, not to mention he is CLUTCH. Surround him with what we have now and we have a championship contender.

Bibby

Craw

Smoove

Horf

Bosh

And move Marvin to the bench.

Now, if we can SOMEHOW keep Joe while signing another big name, then that's a different case. But if we keep the same team we will continue to fail.

I do not want Joe back, and here is my reasoning.

Joe Johnson has proven he cannot handle pressure and playoff situations. We give Joe the "go-to player" role and just isn't efficient enough. Sure, he gets his stats. Averages over 20, 5, 5 a game, but when the last time you sat back and watched a game and thought to yourself... "Wow, Joe Johnson is amazing. This guy can really is a superstar." I can tell you right now i've never had that thought. We need someone like, say, Chris Bosh. Yes, Chris Bosh.

Bosh is solid and is exactly what we need on this team. This guy averages more points than Joe, while averaging a double-double at the same time, not to mention he is CLUTCH. Surround him with what we have now and we have a championship contender.

Bibby

Craw

Smoove

Horf

Bosh

And move Marvin to the bench.

Now, if we can SOMEHOW keep Joe while signing another big name, then that's a different case. But if we keep the same team we will continue to fail.

and how do we get Bosh ?

That is impossible.

Pay no attention to Chuck & Chernoff on 680, or Schultz & Bradley of the AJC.

This all you need to know. We cannot go over the cap to sign other team's free agents. We can only go over the salary cap to resign our own free agents. That is why we can go over the cap to resign JJ but not Bosh. I don't kow how to say it any simpler then that.

Edited by coachx

I would vote Yes, no matter what. But the team is destined to fail again under Woody nomatter what.

So i vote YES :super: , but only under a new coach.

I was gonna type the exact same thing lol. No matter what kind of trade we came up with, we wouldn't get near equal value for JJ.I want him back even if Elmer Fudd is the coach. Look at the fate Lebron is suffering tonight in Clevelan's equally terrible offense. He looks just like JJ out there struggling while his shot won't fall. Barkley said it at halftime of this game. "Cleveland is so frustrating to watch because they don't play uptempto. I blame that on coaching. Its like the Atlanta Hawks. They just walk the ball up the court and give it to one guy to go 1-on-5. You can't win in the playoffs like that."

• Like 1

Ideally, we would bring Joe back as the #2 option that he really is and somehow grab a #1 option.

Since that ain't happening, I only want JJ back under a new coach. This dribble the ball for for 20 seconds Iso BS has got to go. We need a bona fide PG that will help make our team stronger by being the real facilitator as Joe plays much more off the ball (which JJ will HAVE NO CHOICE but to as he continues to get older).

Get an upgrade at coach, bring in a real PG that can facilitate, and make JJ play more off the ball...and you already have a much better team.

• Premium Member

Ideally, we would bring Joe back as the #2 option that he really is and somehow grab a #1 option.

Since that ain't happening, I only want JJ back under a new coach. This dribble the ball for for 20 seconds Iso BS has got to go. We need a bona fide PG that will help make our team stronger by being the real facilitator as Joe plays much more off the ball (which JJ will HAVE NO CHOICE but to as he continues to get older).

Get an upgrade at coach, bring in a real PG that can facilitate, and make JJ play more off the ball...and you already have a much better team.

+ 1..

I Suggest Byron Scott and Steve Blake..

• Premium Member

What he said. People seriously don't know what they want to throw away in Joe Johnson.

• Premium Member

What he said. People seriously don't know what they want to throw away in Joe Johnson.

Let's make a list of players who meet these relatively straightforward criteria:

• Plays SG or SF
  • Scores 20ppg or more
  • Team made playoffs

Here is a list of players who would be in that list...

For 2009-2010:

Durant

LeBron

Melo

Kobe

Wade

JJ

Roy

Captain Jack

For 2008-2009:

Wade

LeBron

Kobe

Melo

Roy

JJ

Gordon

Pierce

And for 2007-2008:

LeBron

Kobe

Melo

JJ

T-Mac

I'm just sayin.

Edited by niremetal

Let's make a list of players who meet these relatively straightforward criteria:

• Plays SG or SF
  • Scores 20ppg or more
  • Team made playoffs

Here is a list of players who would be in that list...

For 2009-2010:

Durant

LeBron

Melo

Kobe

Wade

JJ

Roy

Captain Jack

For 2008-2009:

Wade

LeBron

Kobe

Melo

Roy

JJ

Gordon

Pierce

And for 2007-2008:

LeBron

Kobe

Melo

JJ

T-Mac

I'm just sayin.

Most starting players in the NBA can average 20 if they get to shoot it 20 times a game. My problem with Joe is what he does with those shots. For the season, Joe took 18.2 shots per game to score 21.3 points. That is a value per shot of 1.17 points. (the number is inflated due to 3 pointers and free throws). This shows a players true scoring benefit. Joe doesn't get to the rim enough and doesn't draw fouls. Let's compare him with a similar player, Corey Maggette. Maggette took 12.7 shots to score 19.8 points per game. That's 1.56 points per shot. Yet Maggette won't command nearly the money Joe would. Maggette gives you 1.5 less points but gives you 5.5 more possessions with which to let other's score.

Joe's inefficiency is prevalent throughout his career. The guy is good but this isn't monopoly money we're talking about. Giving him a max or near max deal will hamstring the franchise for years to come.