• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks/Warriors talking trade?

WraithSentinel

Overpaid somewhat for Bibby, though, too, have to account for the fact that we didn't yet have Crawford, and Bibby's stats would have been stronger if he'd not given up so many minutes to Jamal. Knowing what he knew at the time, it was an okay decision.

Didn't overpay for Marvin, again, knowing what he knew at the time... and even now, I think there will be plenty of teams intrigued to see if Marvin would blossom in their town w/o any serious concerns about his contract.

What has changed? What does Sund know now that he did not know a year ago? He knew he would have to pay big money to JJ. He knew Horford would be up for a large money deal in the future. He knew Bibby was slowing down. He knew Marvin lacked the mental fortitude to become something other than a complimentary player. So he traded for Crawford who was an improvement on Flip Murray. It is hard to view that move as a game changer.

The team improved dramatically from the prior season as much due to improved health and maturation of the front court than anything else.

What has changed? What does Sund know now that he did not know a year ago? He knew he would have to pay big money to JJ. He knew Horford would be up for a large money deal in the future. He knew Bibby was slowing down. He knew Marvin lacked the mental fortitude to become something other than a complimentary player. So he traded for Crawford who was an improvement on Flip Murray. It is hard to view that move as a game changer.

The team improved dramatically from the prior season as much due to improved health and maturation of the front court than anything else.

Marvin made huge strides in 08-09......only to regress in 09-10.

Most importantly playoff growth changed. He expected a better playoff performance, yet we were sweeped again. So I guess your right, not much changed as far as playoff performance. He wanted to be sure the organic growth had reached its peak before making the wrong move...that goes for the coaching and the roster..

Yes

He would be a terrible fit here. We will still need a point guard and that means we will have an undersized backcourt with Monta starting at SG (he can't play pg) and moving Joe to SF.

Monta takes terrible shots and is a poor / lazy defender.

WATTT!!! i would absoulutely love to have monta on our team. monta knows that when he plays on our team hes no longer the best or the go to guy just like crawford he would work he beats bibby in rebounding.assist, and points.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/monta_ellis/

And ellis does play goint gouard too until stephen curry came

Edited by Chaze
  • Like 1

Marvin made huge strides in 08-09......only to regress in 09-10.

Most importantly playoff growth changed. He expected a better playoff performance, yet we were sweeped again. So I guess your right, not much changed as far as playoff performance. He wanted to be sure the organic growth had reached its peak before making the wrong move...that goes for the coaching and the roster..

The only difference between Marvin pre 08-09 was his ability to hit threes. Nothing else really changed from 07-08.

I am not sure why Sund would think the teams playoff performance would change since the team did not change the style of basketball it played.

It is beyond obvious that the current roster would most benefit from a talented point guard who can facilitate the offense. They need someone who is a creative passer who can get a small but athletic front line easy looks at the basket. Maybe Drew's motion offense will help, but it will be limited if the point guard does not have the vision to execute.

If the Warriors bite at a trade involving Marvin and we get Monta Ellis in return, that would be amazing. Something tells me we're going to need to put in someone else additionally. Depending on who...not sure if I pull the trigger on the said deal.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9181

Here are the Warriors roster with salaries.

I hope its better then Radmonivic or Gadzuric's expiring contracts.

Radmonivic or Gadzuric is fine by me anything is better than watching Marvin Gaye Williams waddle up and down the court.

LOL i went on the warriors board and all of them are dreading getting Marvin Williams.

Can you blame them? LOL I would be on suicide watch if I heard that Howard the duck could be my starting small forward.

Unless the team moves both Andris Biedrins and Monta Ellis for expiring scrap (and they shouldn’t now), they have likely committed to a core of Stephen Curry, Ellis, Biedrins, and Lee for the next 3-4 years with zero cap flexibility until Steph Curry comes up for an extension in 2013.

What makes this move so depressing is that those four as the best players on a team likely does not even put the Warriors in the playoffs next year, much less down the line when teams like Sacramento gel and still have money to spend and the older teams on the list still haven’t declined enough for Golden State to overtake them

Think they are still intersted in Marvin being that they have just traded away all of their SF? Just odd to me that all trades have involved SF and adding PF with each move?

http://knicks.realgm.com/articles/55/20100709/grading_the_deal_knicks_convert_lee_into_randolph_turiaf_azubuike/

• Moderators

After last night's trade, the PF stable in the Bay Area looks like:

Lee

Udoh

Wright

Gadzooks

Hunter?

Something's shaking loose out of that. I'd prefer Wright, but only if the trade involves Marvin, as two Heels with untapped potential would be too much for one roster.

~lw3

The Warriors and Hawks have discussed a trade that would send Marvin Williams to Golden State, according to source.

http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

Marvin for Biedrins? One can only hope.

Didn't GS trade a lot of their assetts to NY???

I don't see what they have that anyone would want at this point. Biedrins is awful.

Do people realize he only averaged 5 points and 7 rebounds last year and shot 15% in free throws. 15!

%.

he is the biggest Liability on offense in the league.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Didn't GS trade a lot of their assetts to NY???

I don't see what they have that anyone would want at this point. Biedrins is awful.

Do people realize he only averaged 5 points and 7 rebounds last year and shot 15% in free throws. 15!

%.

he is the biggest Liability on offense in the league.

A free throw shooter he def is not. A rebounder/shot blocker... Yes!!! Can he handle the paint with Al to curb Dwight... hmmmm???

I think the most interesting thing in the article that I quoted is that the writer is right... to have all the money committed to a core of Stephen Curry, Ellis, Biedrins, and Lee for the next 3-4 years with zero cap flexibility until Steph Curry comes up for an extension in 2013?? Surely Ellis is the odd man out??

A free throw shooter he def is not. A rebounder/shot blocker... Yes!!! Can he handle the paint with Al to curb Dwight... hmmmm???

I think the most interesting thing in the article that I quoted is that the writer is right... to have all the money committed to a core of Stephen Curry, Ellis, Biedrins, and Lee for the next 3-4 years with zero cap flexibility until Steph Curry comes up for an extension in 2013?? Surely Ellis is the odd man out??

if you're looking for logic in the movies of Don Nelson and GSW's you're barking up the wrong tree. That franchise is clueless.

That's the problem with Andrew B... Teams will foul him late in the game so you will need to keep him on the bench. I honestly didn't know his FT was THAT bad until I looked. But I also wonder why he only plays 23 minutes per game. Perhaps he has some endurance issues?

Edited by Hotlanta1981