• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sheridan reporting Joe wants to see how things develop

sturt

I say we give him the ultimatum. Agree to our deal now, or we pull it and we'll have to renegotiate. If Joe wants to wait it should cost him. Make him have to risk something for the opportunity to consider other teams.

Like others have said. JJ is not holding us hostage the same way Wade is holding Miami hostage. Wade is gonna get the max, and because of his talent he knows Miami has no other back up plan. We can threaten to lower our offer, or even let him go for nothing.

• Moderators

This is JJ's last time as a significant free agent. He can't do anything until July 8. Let him have his chance to be wined and dined and then he can make the only choice that makes sense for him - signing the Hawks deal or coming begging for the Hawks to do a S&T to his preferred location. Unlike Amare, that 6th max year is his to lose and that is a huge loss. He doesn't have the personality to generate tons of endorsements - how much income is Lamar Odom or Pau Gasol seeing from endorsements? Or Ray Allen or Rajon Rondo?

It is money he'll never get back so if Atlanta wants to keep him, they should let him talk to people and then tell him he is never getting 6 years anywhere else because we want him back and we aren't going to let him get paid somewhere else. If we are open to a S&T, then we tell him we will be signing him to a max deal and will only do that as part of a S&T if he brings something impressive to the table from the other team like when we acquired him.

All these guys are lapping up the attention right now. It is very annoying for fans and very easy to overreact, IMO.

I am surprised that JJ is really 50-50 on the Hawks offer. That speaks volumes to me that he really doesn't want to come back here, but he is willing to do it for money(of course).

JJ not taking the deal would be the best thing to happen to the Hawks, and that is what I am hoping for.

Edited by HawksBalla

If he doesnt accept there is not much they could have done. At least we can say ASG offered him MAX.

If it wasn't orchestrated from the beginning stirthepot.gif

(note: I am a die hard conspiracy theorist...Oswald never shot a gun that day in Dallas, MLK wasn't shot from the first floor or everybody in the infamous picture wouldn't be pointing up, Sirhan Sirhan was never close enough to RFK to deliver a contact wound behind the right ear)

You all know I don't believe that Joe is worth the six-year max to the Hawks, but if the Hawks believe that, then they need to do what Cleveland is doing and refuse to do a S&T.

Good point MrH...I had forgotten that the Hawks basically have the last "down card" in this poker game. If the Hawks simply refuse a SnT then JJ has two options...one - sign...two - leave $20+million on the table.

More or less he wants to hold the Hawks hostage to see if Wade or/and Lebron will go in a certain direction and if they do he will join them. If they don't, he will sign the deal and hold 40% of the cap space.

This is why I'm just about fed up with the NBA. I watched liked 15 minutes of the entire finals and barely any of the games after the Hawks were eliminated I've about had my fill of these pampered m_________s..

You are a fountain of optimism Hot biggrin.gif

That piece of shiznet need to get lost. If he can't decide already then get the hell out of here. Selfish good for nothing player. :slap1: Fuc JJ.

Who is this Paladin? I like this guy's style. I like to be a little more eloquent in my long-standing dislike of all things relating to J.J. besides his defense, but couldn't have said it better myself. This is like a bad dream. Hopefully I wake up soon to realize a S & T has happened and we get back pieces that fit our roster and gameplan. Most importantly, sign some guys who would like to be here.

Joe just realizes that he isn't big enough to take the beating not just in Atlanta, which won't be too bad. His contract offer made the headline of Yahoo!(!) Billions of people saw it!! All the glaring flaws I've been talking about for years will be magnified and punctuated with "This is your 120 Million dollar guy, Atlanta." The 6'7, 240 lb guy who dunks every two months. The guy who's positional backup makes more free throws than he attempts. The guy who shoots fade-aways off of one leg after 5+ dribbles. The guy who has never been seen as motivational or inspirational factor to his locker room. The 30% or below shooting nights. The guy who has sick days. The guy who plays his worst in the playoffs. The guy with the unforced turnovers and travels in open space. Joe Lovers, how many times did Joe isolate at the top and beat someone off the dribble and finish at the cup strong last season? I'm not talking about that weak floater from the circle either. 4, maybe 5 times?

Get him Gone already. I don't care how.

Edited by benhillboy

I really think espn is trying to stir s*** up.

They've got all their talking heads out over-analyzing every player and their actions, reactions, and inactions.

If the hawks refuse to talk sign and trade (if it even goes that far) jj will have to choose to walk away from 30 million.

Totally agree on this topic. That's what they get paid to do.

...The guy who shoots fade-aways off of one leg after 5+ dribbles....

Well lets be fair ben...Joe usually dribbles more than 5 times before he launches off balance jumpers or passes to Smoove with 2 seconds left on the shot clock biggrin.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup

I don't think you can take anything at face value right now. This moratorium period is like a big game and all the big name free agents are playing it.

How do you think they feel in Miami right now? They could end up getting one or two big name free agents to play with Wade, or end up losing Wade entirely. It is crazy all over the league.