• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks MANAGMENT Grabd your ***** and pull the offer

Swiftkick

• Moderators

The Lakers have also had the luck and intelligence to build championship and really good teams for decades. When have the Hawks showed or had either one?

Pretty rarely.

Comparing the Lakers to the Hawks makes me want to give a big lol.

We all can hardy-har-har now, but ride the Hot Tub Time Machine back to 2006, when the only discussions about Kobe revolved around the R word, and the folks in LA were not lol'ing so much. And they weren't living off the Shaq/Magic/Kareem years to project a positive future.

~lw3

• Moderators

And all that so-called intelligence in L.A. and it still took gift-wrapping to get Kobe out of the FIRST round of the playoffs. Until then, there was no confidence in the future of Tinseltown. O They of Little Faith.

~lw3

Jesus ..............you offer this guy a max contract and he still hasnt made a decision..This guy doesnt want to be here .Its bad enough we made that offer for a player that is no where worth

that kind of money he is mulling that decision..God can our front office be any more dumb..PULL THE OFFER...and say see ya Joe we as fans respect that you guys tried to keep Joe we wont hold it against you ..Clear some room lets make a run for Melo or Paul

This reminds me of when we had Nique, we should have traded him and gotten TONS of stuff. Instead we kept him WAY to long and got nothing. Now we stand to lose Childress because he knows we can't afford him if we get Iso Joe.

• Premium Member

Id rather build the team the right way then stay relevant ..I dont think we will be *ss for the next 5 years without Joe ..Your going overboard..Id rather destroy and rebuild this franchise and draft right..My opinion this team in place is not going past the 2nd round ..so with that being said why bother spending all this kind of money if its truly not a championship team

Destroy and REBUILD

As a fan, I have been to that same damn drawing board over and over again and I see that other teams that win championships never destroy and rebuild. They gather and trade. This is our chance to be one of those teams and you want to do the same s--- that we have been doing. Guess what, in another 10 years, you will be singing this same f---ed up song that you're singing now.... Do what the good teams do, sign, trade.. reload not rebuild.

• Premium Member

I agree with Swift, but really people are making this into an argument of if Joe is worth the max or not. I clearly say no, not for six years. We can have that argument in another thread, though.

None of us know what the conversation was between Joe and the ASG. In business sometimes you make an offer that is a standing offer for the other party to accept anytime they want, but other times you give a short window to accept the offer. To me the whole point of coming at JJ with a max offer was so that he wouldn't go window shopping. If it was Wade or Lebron you are making the max offer regardless and they know that the franchise will not make a lower offer under any circumstances. JJ is not in that category however. He needs to know that if he wants to look elsewhere that our incredibly sweet offer is subject to change. That's my opinion, but there may have been a conversation with ASG where Joe was really up front and gracious to them saying that he really would appreciate the opportunity to meet with the other teams. I don't know how it went down. To me the conversation details are important in deciding if this is a major snub by JJ or not.

Going back the Mr. H's hypothesis, what if this is all a sham and the intention all along was to get the most for JJ out of a sign and trade? Now every team knows that they have to offer the max for JJ, and may even match the ASG offer.

The question of Joe's market value is unimportant. The real question is what do we have if we don't resign Joe?? We have a team that nobody wants to play for unless we over pay them. You guys need to see the truth. What is it, somebody is missing out on the draft lottery parties?

• Premium Member

The Lakers have also had the luck and intelligence to build championship and really good teams for decades. When have the Hawks showed or had either one?

Pretty rarely.

Comparing the Lakers to the Hawks makes me want to give a big lol.

The fans here are unsure because the franchise has made several blunders and luck has rarely went the Hawks way.

It's not luck.

Players want to play for LAL. Shaq and Kobe both demanded to be traded to LAL. That's not luck. Gasol demanded a trade and LAL was there with the contract to get him. That's not luck. What player ever wanted to play in Atlanta. Oh, that's right.. Joe Johnson... Our only superstar who you guys want to Dominique out of here? Go figure.

. What player ever wanted to play in Atlanta. Oh, that's right.. Joe Johnson... Our only superstar who you guys want to Dominique out of here? Go figure.

well LOOOOOK what we have here our only player that wanted to play here Joe Johnson ??? well we just offered him a MAX contract and he is mulling that decision so you might really want to start questioning if Joe really wants to be here

and that is the point of pulling the offer..Its on the table Joe you have 1 day to give us a commitment if you dont want to be here we will move on

The question of Joe's market value is unimportant. The real question is what do we have if we don't resign Joe?? We have a team that nobody wants to play for unless we over pay them. You guys need to see the truth. What is it, somebody is missing out on the draft lottery parties?

Well, part of the problem is we know what we have if we do resign Joe. We'd have one of the weakest max players in the league and an ownership group that we are unsure if they will pay over the luxury tax to build around him. There is a reason writers are saying this would be the worst contract in NBA history. It's sensationalistic journalism to me,

It's not an easy decision. I understand both sides. If ASG really is committed to build a contender I say go for it, it's not my money. If they are not, get the most you can for Joe.

What our fan base needs to stop doing is acting like Joe Johnson is a savior ..we are not even sure if we are able to bring in another star would him and Joe Johnson co consist and would it even be possible to with giving Joe a max type deal..We have basically seen as far as we can go with Joe...Joe is not Wade..Wade carried the Heat in the playoffs ..I dont want to hear the HEAT had Shaq daddy ..Wade no questions asked you want 120 million boom you can have it

Joe Johnson what has he proven that he is worth that kind of money . Im willing to bet we plug Jammal Crawford in at the 2 next year and Jordan Crawford develops just a lil as a sixth man..This team is 40 + win team and possible playoff team..There are some fans that think once Joe leaves we are heading for the gutter..BE REAL PEOPLE..How many games has Joe Johnson really won on his back..Maybe 3 years ago the playoff series vs Boston was nice but what since then

Im at the point I dont care if we get anything for Joe Johnson or not..If we are able to pull a sign and trade hey the more the merry ..I dont want this offer on table

so if things dont plan out with Lebron or whatever he is planning dont want to use us as a fall back option

Sarver's "cheapness" has directly led to the Suns not reaching the NBA Finals. He'd rather lock up role players for mid-sized deals ( Diaw, Barbosa, now Hakim Warrick ), than to pay the stars that got them to this point. If Steve Nash was the engine that ran the Phoenix attack, Shawn Marion was the turbocharger that made it run even faster. But Shawn got scapegoated by the fans because he wasn't a "go-to type scorer". So they trade him for Shaq, in an experiment that failed miserably.

The Suns lost Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion, and now Amare Stoudamire . . the 3 guys that got the ball back rolling in Phoenix in 2003-04 ( before Nash come on the scene and made them much better ). But Barbosa is still there?

You pay your stars . . . not your fringe players.

You DO NOT win in this league without star players. The Suns think that the loss of Amare won't affect them much, because they have a very good bench. But they'll quickly find out just how important Amare was, when guys like Steve Nash start getting doubled all over the place, forcing those shooters to beat them. With Amare there, you couldn't do that, because Amare would kill you too.

That team just lost their leading scorer and rebounder, and replaced him with Hakim Warrick? What? Is Robin Lopez going to all of a sudden become a 10 rebound a night guy? Grant Hill was the 2nd leading rebounder on the Suns. Old man Grant Hill.

This is going off topic to talk so much about the Suns. I'm not saying I agree with all of their moves, just the tone they took with Amare. On the whole the organization has done a good job of putting themselves in a position to win a title without paying the luxury tax. To play devil's advocate they have shown that you can still go deep in the playoffs after losing a starter or key player. They have made a lot of stupid moves, and in spite of those moves they have still been contenders.

I wish our franchise had more confidence in our ability to lose someone like Joe and recover as the Suns usually do. It's easy for us to say they should have paid Joe, Shawn, Amare, and Nash all max contracts, but it's not our bottom line. To me it looks like the Suns are going to rebuild.

excellent post

I have heard plenty of times in the past that Joe was trying to get people here to help us. None of them want to come to Atlanta. I remember when Billy Knight had plenty of cap space to sign anyone but no one came. The fact is we have a bad reputation and unless we get elite player to make the first step, we will always be behind in free agency! Save us Shaq!!!

What our fan base needs to stop doing is acting like Joe Johnson is a savior ..we are not even sure if we are able to bring in another star would him and Joe Johnson co consist and would it even be possible to with giving Joe a max type deal..We have basically seen as far as we can go with Joe...Joe is not Wade..Wade carried the Heat in the playoffs ..I dont want to hear the HEAT had Shaq daddy ..Wade no questions asked you want 120 million boom you can have it

Joe Johnson what has he proven that he is worth that kind of money . Im willing to bet we plug Jammal Crawford in at the 2 next year and Jordan Crawford develops just a lil as a sixth man..This team is 40 + win team and possible playoff team..There are some fans that think once Joe leaves we are heading for the gutter..BE REAL PEOPLE..How many games has Joe Johnson really won on his back..Maybe 3 years ago the playoff series vs Boston was nice but what since then

Im at the point I dont care if we get anything for Joe Johnson or not..If we are able to pull a sign and trade hey the more the merry ..I dont want this offer on table

so if things dont plan out with Lebron or whatever he is planning dont want to use us as a fall back option

I could see this feeling making sense if Wade, Dirk, Lebron, Amare, etc had already chosen teams ANDif it had been more than TWO doggone days. Why the heck shpould Joe treat his free agency anydifferent than those guys???? The fact that it has ONLY BEEN TWO DAYS is why all this whining makes no sense to me. If the situation is unchanged a week from now AND other big name free agents have signed THEN I could see your point. Until then it ismuch ado about nothing in my opinion.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

I could see this feeling making sense if Wade, Dirk, Lebron, Amare, etc had already chosen teams ANDif it had been more than TWO doggone days. Why the heck shpould Joe treat his free agency anydifferent than those guys???? The fact that it has ONLY BEEN TWO DAYS is why all this whining makes no sense to me. If the situation is unchanged a week from now AND other big name free agents have signed THEN I could see your point. Until then it ismuch ado about nothing in my opinion.

First off Im not whining im setting boundaries ..That is what you do ..

Dirk going back to Dallas..he opted out of his contract Dallas said here is a deal and he is going to resign he isnt mulling options

Amare is heading to NY ..Phx said were not going 5 years ..Amare said im heading to NY for the max

Joe Johnson on other hand we offer MAX ..he mulls options .

let him wait is a tough decision like wade said this is more than just basketball this about where he might finish his career and wanna start a family and wht not....its been 2 days he has till july 8 to officially sign give the man some space

let him wait is a tough decision like wade said this is more than just basketball this about where he might finish his career and wanna start a family and wht not....its been 2 days he has till july 8 to officially sign give the man some space

if this such player was anywhere in the same ball park as Wade and actually lead us to a championship..Ill give him all the time to make a decision

but this is a player that has choked in the playoffs , basically showed up the fan base to boot

really?? i'm 22 years old i been hawks fan my whole life and since the ty cobin steve smith days this team hasnt been this good.......soo for him to actually put us on the map again is all he needed to do to win my cheers......smoove and horford are really good players but without joe they wouldnt be as good !!!! seriously give the man a break and let him look around........when u buy a car you dont just look at one of them thangs you look at a couple

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson what has he proven that he is worth that kind of money .

Go throughout the league. Find all the players that played int he last 4 allstar games. Realize that our fanbase has never been strong enough to get Joe voted onto the allstar team like Yao Ming's does. Joe is usually picked by a the coaches of the league. That is more legitimate than the starters who are voted on by the fans. The coaches look at the list and say... what one guy who is left always gives me problems in my gameplan? For the last 4 years, Joe Johnson's name has appeared on this list. Interestingly, Josh Smith's, Bibby, and Crawford's name haven't come up on this list yet. Joe's have. I think that legitimizes Joe. Wait, have you found those players yet?? You know the ones that were playing in the last 4 allstar games? It's interesting because when you find them, write their names down here for all to see. Then let's talk about money.

Go throughout the league. Find all the players that played int he last 4 allstar games. Realize that our fanbase has never been strong enough to get Joe voted onto the allstar team like Yao Ming's does. Joe is usually picked by a the coaches of the league. That is more legitimate than the starters who are voted on by the fans. The coaches look at the list and say... what one guy who is left always gives me problems in my gameplan? For the last 4 years, Joe Johnson's name has appeared on this list. Interestingly, Josh Smith's, Bibby, and Crawford's name haven't come up on this list yet. Joe's have. I think that legitimizes Joe. Wait, have you found those players yet?? You know the ones that were playing in the last 4 allstar games? It's interesting because when you find them, write their names down here for all to see. Then let's talk about money.

Joe is not worth that money, there are at least 25 players on the league better than him and they do not have max deals. Joe's fair value could be around 12M$ but 20M$?? That's simply too much and kills any way of improving the team, there is not going to be any money to sign any other player so basically we are as good as we will be next 6 years.

He has proven nothing on the playoffs, his numbers vs Orlando were horrible, he can not lead a team to a title run.

If he signs this deal we are going to be overpaying a lot for a guy that is going to take us nowhere, forget about any hope and dream. This situation reminds me Alan Houston and his horrible contract, same situation as we are and as happened with Alan this is not going to get better, he is already 29 and is at his prime.