• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Childress vs. Marvin: Final Showdown

mrhonline

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Marvin is a non-impact player on the hook for 30 million more. IF you're crying about JJ's contract, you should be sobbing with snot running down your nose about Marvin's because he don't do s---. I keep hearing this lie about Marvin being such a great defensive player. I watched the playoffs... I saw no defense from Marvin to speak of. Marvin's defense was non-existent. Even Woody began to realize that he could not keep non-impactful Marvin on the floor. Marvin is the second coming of Royal Ivey and we want to treat him like he was Bruce Bowen. Come on people, Marvin's defense is nothing to write home about. I think it's just because Marvin is so deficient in every other aspect of the game that you got to say something. Well, it's 5 years later and Marvin is not worth the contract he has. IF we could Move Marvin, we should.

• Like 1

I voted for Marv based on what they can both do on the court. However we dont know what Chills salary would be. That said if Marv can be moved for a Biedrins or in a package for Monte Ellis than Chills at sf is fine with me.

• Premium Member

I voted for Marv based on what they can both do on the court. However we dont know what Chills salary would be. That said if Marv can be moved for a Biedrins or in a package for Monte Ellis than Chills at sf is fine with me.

The thing that we know is that Chillz went overseas and became his teams first option and from year one to year two he showed great improvement. I think when Chillz comes back in the league, he will be better than the chillz that left. I can't say the same for Marvin. Fat Marvin has regressed now that he has his guaranteed money. He does just enough to get what he wants. He's a mess and we should trade him while we can.

• Like 1

The thing that we know is that Chillz went overseas and became his teams first option and from year one to year two he showed great improvement. I think when Chillz comes back in the league, he will be better than the chillz that left. I can't say the same for Marvin. Fat Marvin has regressed now that he has his guaranteed money. He does just enough to get what he wants. He's a mess and we should trade him while we can.

Well if we do have a shot at keeping Chills or Marv its a pretty simple choice. Trade the one who can bring you the best piece or pieces back. Good points on Chills, problem is we dont know if he improvements will translate back to his game here. He isnt playing top notch comp over there.

• Premium Member

Well if we do have a shot at keeping Chills or Marv its a pretty simple choice. Trade the one who can bring you the best piece or pieces back. Good points on Chills, problem is we dont know if he improvements will translate back to his game here. He isnt playing top notch comp over there.

The way I see it... is that if Chillz left the NBA and played the first year in greece like he did when he left... and played the 2nd year and greece and was consider much improved and the definite lead dog for his team then that means that when he comes back, he will be improved for this game too. Chillz was never a player to allow his game to stay unimpactful. He was playing SG and was OK. We go Joe and he moved to Sf and was a good rebounder for his size. The next few years, he became the best efficiency player in the league. He went to Greece and the first year, he was a high efficiency player who didn't do a lot of scoring. This past year, he become a top scorer for his team and a definite leader.

We have to have realized that since he left, we lost some glue. He was a great glue guy for us. I think upon his return, he will be a 2nd or 3rd option.

Josh Childress was not the best player or first option on Olympiacos B.C. Linas Kleiza just came over to their team last season and he was Olympiacos' best player.

• Premium Member

Josh Childress was not the best player or first option on Olympiacos B.C. Linas Kleiza just came over to their team last season and he was Olympiacos' best player.

I didn't say he was. I said he was his teams leader and a top option for his team. Check that, I said there first option. However, I meant a top option.

Edited by Diesel

We have to have realized that since he left, we lost some glue. He was a great glue guy for us. I think upon his return, he will be a 2nd or 3rd option.

Childress was the glue guy, yet the team won more games each year since he's been gone. Chillz was the glue of team; naw somebody been sniffing too much glue.

• Premium Member

Childress was the glue guy, yet the team won more games each year since he's been gone. Chillz was the glue of team; naw somebody been sniffing too much glue.

Actually, we won those games but we were not a team.

I think you saw that winning and winning as a team are two different things. We needed our glue.

When we played Boston while Chillz was here... even though we lost, I think we were a much better team that that one that played Milwaukee and Orlando. You can talk about record all you want, but I don't see how you can ignore improving games of Horf and Smoove. Both played allstar level this past year.

Marvin= underachiever with unfulfilled potential. Chillz= overachiever with significant holes in his game. If we trade Marvin and bring back Chillz as a starter, it won't be long before we are looking for a SF.

• Like 2

Marvin= underachiever with unfulfilled potential. Chillz= overachiever with significant holes in his game. If we trade Marvin and bring back Chillz as a starter, it won't be long before we are looking for a SF.

+1

I like his defense, size and rebounding over Chillz. Marvin was 15/6 a few seasons ago... maybe under a new direction in LD he can improve upon those to maybe around 17/7.