• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would you like to see next?

Diesel

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a quick up and down poll.

I think we're in an interesting place now.

Come on Joe, get some of your friends here!

Didn't vote cause not sure if what I want(paul) is even possible. Biedrins seems most likely followed by shaq if Sheed Unretires.

I love the Hawks and want to see them win a title but I would rather watch another 13 win season then sign or trade for Lebra. I cant root for him, I just cant.

can you imagine LeBron and Smoove on the same team? Highlight factory would be an understatement.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Didn't vote cause not sure if what I want(paul) is even possible. Biedrins seems most likely followed by shaq if Sheed Unretires.

Boston will use the Sheed contract for a trade with Phoenix for Barbosa. Sheed will never play for Phoenix. Kinda like the Terrell Brandon deal we made a few years back.

can you imagine LeBron and Smoove on the same team? Highlight factory would be an understatement.

That could actually happen. Sorry to say we would have to give up Al and Jamal to do that .But we would still have a championship team and Cleveland would have a playoof team also.

I think we need to discuss potential moves for Chris Paul or Carmelo Anthony as both have been mentioned as possible trade pieces this offseason. With that said, I still think it is very unlikely that either will move before the season starts. In fact, Hornets team president Hugh Weber stated today that Chris Paul will be in a Hornets uniat the start of the season. Now, he has to say that, but I think any move for Chris Paul or Carmelo Anthony is unlikely this summer.

While we should discuss those possibilities to an extent, I think we need to try and focus on possibilities that are more likely.

I blogged about this recently, but one guy that might intrigue some with the Hawks could very well be Gilbert Arenas. He's got a horrific contract, but the Hawks have already wrecked their future salary structure. They caught lightening in a bottle last year when they dealt for Jamal Crawford, whose contract was for a shorter term and not as ugly as Gilbert's. Jamal proceeded to have a career year coming off the bench as the Hawks 6th man and gave them a second explosive scoring threat to go along with Joe Johnson. Gilbert Arenas has had a lot of injury troubles and reliability issues over the past few seasons, and his decline is likely going to be sharp. With that said, he is a player that has averaged at least 21.0 P/36 and 5.0 A/36 in 5 of the last 6 seasons. He's got a lot of baggage that the Hawks may not want to add to go along with that contract. However, when he's on his game, he's a very explosive scoring threat that can distribute the basketball to an extent. If the Hawks could get him without giving up Crawford, then they would have the most explosive scoring back court in the NBA.

The two names I've heard the Warriors are trying to move are Andris Biedrins and Monta Ellis. If the Hawks could flip Marvin Williams and Mo Evans for Andris Biedrins, they would get themselves a solid back up center who can rebound the basketball and hold his own defensively in the post. He's a player that would be good for 20-25 MPG behind Al Horford at the center position, allowing Horford to play some power forward as well. Monta Ellis is somewhat of an enigma. He's a gifted scorer that can really fill the net up at times, but he really doesn't do much of anything eles on the court. He would be miscast as a point guard in Atlanta, but the Hawks could give consideration towards making Joe a small forward and bringing in Monta as a shooting guard.

Another name that is available is Al Jefferson. There was some talk about an Al Jefferson for Zach Randolph deal before the draft, but that fell through. Al is definitely on the block, as Minnesota didn't like his defenisve effort last year, and they have a GM that has no idea what he is doing. The Hawks could very well take advantage of David Kahn, who is one of the worst GM's in the NBA today.

• Premium Member

Biedrins would be the player I would like to see this offseason and makes the most sense. Who would you give up to get Jefferson and where would he play? Jefferson is a PF and I don't think the Hawks trade Smoove for him and I don't think the Wolves would take Marvin in exchange for him. Monta Ellis is nothing more than a gunner - no thanks.

Because some people, like myself, hate LeBron so much that they're unsure if they can cheer for him if he was in a Hawks uniform.

I hate him too. Hell, I live in Ohio...it's overkill with LeBron. To each his own, but there's been players I've not liked on the Hawks before, but it didn't matter to me. I cheer for the team an organization, I want them to win no matter who's out there. So for me, the chance at getting, arguably, the best player on the planet - I'm all for it.

I do understand the hatred, and if people would give up there loyalty as a Hawks fan because of him, I get it. Not me though - get him here, that would cement us as title contenders for years.....

Biedrins would be the player I would like to see this offseason and makes the most sense. Who would you give up to get Jefferson and where would he play? Jefferson is a PF and I don't think the Hawks trade Smoove for him and I don't think the Wolves would take Marvin in exchange for him. Monta Ellis is nothing more than a gunner - no thanks.

+1

This also seems like a more realistic move as well. I would love to see Paul here but like most trade scenerios its just a dream and will never happen.

• Moderators

After Shaq, I'd really like someone at SF to push Marvin for starting time, since he won't mind either way.

Since we're on the veteran tip, I'd like this guy, a "Q" who apparently can go to a star's birthday celebration without getting shot... and calls out a good actress job whenever he sees one.

~lw3

• Premium Member

I'd really like to see us somehow sneak into the Bosh SnT sweepstakes. To me, that's always been the most realistic move that we could make that would have the most impact.