• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bosh and Wade to Heat official

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

so I guess S. A. Smith will end up at least 2/3 right.

• Premium Member

Could have been much worse. Agreed hawks can beat the heat.

yeah..Bosh doesn't scare me and the rest of that roster (minus Wade) is garbage..

I'm also not impressed. Bosh's character and will to win is very questionable, and once I saw him in person in Phillips and just left a bad impression on me: he looked like many front line players who simply run out of gas and competitive fire against Al, and I think Zaza has proven effective banging on him down low. The Raptors came out of the gate well last season, but fizzled quickly with a solid(?) PG in Calderon, although injured often, and a versatile 7 footer in Bargnani, as soft as he my be, he's still 7 feet. Bosh can post big numbres for sure, but the Heat still have to incorporate him and make it work, which surely won't happen in one season with as much as Wade has to control the ball and the rest of their roster in flux. Of course, if Pat Slimey coaches, I would feel much more comfortable in an already tough division with a much more seasoned coach who improved his win total every year who wouldn't have been too expensive instead of throwing away millions by the truckloads at a complimentary jump-shooter but what do I know. If we're healthy like last year (knock on wood), I have no fear about being entrenched in our 2 slot in the Southeast still. Hell, I can't see anybody in that Magic starting five other than Dwight who are set to improve as much as I expect Josh and Al to, so I'm confident we can make a run at them, too.

Edited by benhillboy

Ahh the confidence of Hawks fans. Wade on his own has been leading that team to consecutive 5th place finishes and now he has the one thing he's been missing since a certain 300 pounder came in thirsting for revenge, a reliable secondary scorer. That team is better off without Lebron signing, that max slot can now be thrown at tough defensive minded role players and shooters to compliment the big two. Not the splash people were expecting but still nothing to scoff at.

• Premium Member

Ahh the confidence of Hawks fans. Wade on his own has been leading that team to consecutive 5th place finishes and now he has the one thing he's been missing since a certain 300 pounder came in thirsting for revenge, a reliable secondary scorer. That team is better off without Lebron signing, that max slot can now be thrown at tough defensive minded role players and shooters to compliment the big two. Not the splash people were expecting but still nothing to scoff at.

Heat are better but they are not the juggernaut that they would be had they signed Wade and Bron. Bosh is OK but he's no way near the match up nightmare that James is.

Man we own Chris Bosh. Call me crazy but even if they get Lebron I would not have been afraid. Josh does well against Bosh and Lebron doesn't bully over Marvin like he does most work. Hell that would have been 2 of the 3 right there. Remember Wade can't shoot. They might win 60+ games but we match up well against them. We just got to see what they have will do now.

Just like Smith matches up well against Bosh even though people consider Bosh a better player, Beasley seems to own Smoove even though SMoove is the better player. Its all about matchups people and how well they can be exploited!!

Wade, Beasley and Bosh are a damn good start to building your team around. I don't know how much money they'll have left to build around them but you're talking about perhaps the best 2-3-4 combo in the league right there.

• Admin

Wade, Beasley and Bosh are a damn good start to building your team around. I don't know how much money they'll have left to build around them but you're talking about perhaps the best 2-3-4 combo in the league right there.

They will probably get Felton and some other pieces. They will be much improved but with all the work they did to get all that FA money .... all they ended up with is Bosh out of the big names.

Yeah this is scary for sure. I wanted the free agency period to be a little more exciting. If James stays in Cleveland like I think he does, this makes the off season boring pending any trades.

• Premium Member

Agree, this is a dangerous team if they bring in Bosh with Wade.

They will probably get Felton and some other pieces. They will be much improved but with all the work they did to get all that FA money .... all they ended up with is Bosh out of the big names.

Everyone thinks that they can get some FA vets who want to play for a championship contender. That would be true except that you have teams like NY, NJ and Chicago that have gobs of cap money. If I'm Mike Miller, would I go play for 5 mil bucks in MIami or would I play for 9 million in Chicago? The same for Boozer and Felton and others. Miami will have 2 stars and a bunch of D-Leaguers. They could win the division and then get skunked in the first round.

• Admin

Everyone thinks that they can get some FA vets who want to play for a championship contender. That would be true except that you have teams like NY, NJ and Chicago that have gobs of cap money. If I'm Mike Miller, would I go play for 5 mil bucks in MIami or would I play for 9 million in Chicago? The same for Boozer and Felton and others. Miami will have 2 stars and a bunch of D-Leaguers. They could win the division and then get skunked in the first round.

My question is adding Bosh really make Miami a championship contender? I don't think so...a 50 win team maybe