• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I just got some Inside Info from Sekou!

gutz

Uh, that is what the original message said. See highlight.

Now, I agree that this sounds very much out of character from what little I know of Jamal Crawford. He always seems to be a "classy" guy. If he does hold out, I'll really be disappointed.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.

I read the original message. I also talked to Sekou. He didnt say Jamal is planning to holdout. I trust what he said rather than what gutz said he said.

• Moderators

Jamal has no probable interest in holding out... although his agent might.

However, his agent, Aaron Goodwin, did a crafty job in extending Kevin Durant's contract over the summer in a way that, amidst the critical heat of Decision-gate, garnered a lot of positive press for his client.

No way is CrawDaddy's contract situation equivalent, but I imagine he'll want his agent to make the best possible case for an extension over the next couple of months in a way that keeps him from coming across as a dirtbag.

~lw3

I read the original message. I also talked to Sekou. He didnt say Jamal is planning to holdout. I trust what he said rather than what gutz said he said.

Dude when did you talk to Sekou? I talked to him face to face last night in Kroger and this is what he said. I would not make this up. How did you talk to him? Email? Give me a break

Edited by gutz

Dude when did you talk to Sekou? I talked to him face to face last night in Kroger and this is what he said. I would not make this up. How did you talk to him? Email? Give me a break

Dude (that be Me I guess), talked to him after I read your post. Yep. I will not take this further except to say, be clear of what you hear if you intend to be the talebearer.

Edited by Swatguy

U shouldn't post anything sekou smith tells you on this site unless you asked him before doing so.

I'm not telling anyone what to do/not to do but I will say the more he sees his info on this board the less likely he'll answer that question at the kroger next time.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I seriously don't think Sekou visits this board anyways. He acted like it was going to be coming out soon anyways.

It doesn't matter if Sekou personally visits the board or not. Stuff like this has a funny way of getting back to people.

And much as I'm loathe to agree with swatguy on anything, I think you might have misremembered/misconstrued what Sekou actually said to you. I wasn't there, but I know that I sometimes forget the exact wording of what someone said to me only to be corrected later. The difference between "don't be surprised if Jamal holds out" and "Jamal is planning to hold out" is subtle, and thus it's easy to get those wires crossed. But it's a real difference. And from what we've all seen of Sekou, "don't be surprised" is much more like something Sekou would say than "he is planning." It's not a personal attack to remind you that you're human, and humans don't always remember things exactly as they actually happened.

I agree with gsuteke. Because now, you put Sekou on the spot. If he contradicts what you say, people will automatically believe him, than you.

And you don't believe Sekou reads this blog? Please. All of these blog writers from the NBA sites and national media read this blog. Sekou, MC, Kelly Dwyer, Chad Ford, all of those cats swing by here. I'm convinced of that.

Too many times has something that was kicked around on this board, became a story on another blog citing "sources" told them the exact same thing.

LOL . . WE are the "sources".

Cmon

Some posters which they be sources. NBA types pay of very little attention to this board. Writers perhaps more.

A writer looking here as a source is very very poor and or lazy.

This board is good for the latest "news break" coming from somewhere else. Ain't nothing original coming from here.

Cmon "sources", rubbish.

. Ain't nothing original coming from here.

Well except Diesels fictionized scenarios. They are original. It is about time for one "D".

• Premium Member

I agree with gsuteke. Because now, you put Sekou on the spot. If he contradicts what you say, people will automatically believe him, than you.

And you don't believe Sekou reads this blog? Please. All of these blog writers from the NBA sites and national media read this blog. Sekou, MC, Kelly Dwyer, Chad Ford, all of those cats swing by here. I'm convinced of that.

Too many times has something that was kicked around on this board, became a story on another blog citing "sources" told them the exact same thing.

This is very true. When I was posting from what I learned from my sources a few years ago it would inevitably be used by one of those guys esp. Chad Ford in a day or two.

Please observe the rules which require members to address the thought or idea, not the poster personally.

A post calling someone out was just unnaproved - any further posts in this thread should relate to the content which is could/should jamal crawford hold out?

Jamal doesn't seem like the type to do this. Hell, it would be foolish for anyone to hold out a 10 mill contract. If anything he should play as hard as possible this season to earn more value.

I think the Hawks realize his worth, though. Something will be done with Jamal, whether it be a trade near the deadline, or a sign (hoping for the sign instead of a trade, Craw has always been one of my favorite players to watch).

This is very true. When I was posting from what I learned from my sources a few years ago it would inevitably be used by one of those guys esp. Chad Ford in a day or two.

Your not lying, my source who was correct on other dealing said Atlanta was the frontrunner for Shaq and CP3. Neither as of today are Hawks. He was the one that broke the Crawford trade and a couple other moves to me.

Jamal would not get a contract extension from ANY team in the NBA much less the Hawks. He is too old and is not rated that high for any team to extend him before FA.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Jamal would not get a contract extension from ANY team in the NBA much less the Hawks. He is too old and is not rated that high for any team to extend him before FA.

Too old? are you 12? Jamal was 6th player of the year LAST Season. He is very much highly rated to warrant an extension. In fact, he should persue an extention especially if he wants to remain here. He has proven his worth, Jamal "the Difference" Crawford. Lest you forget. With Bibby expiring (Mo, Powell and Collins gone) next season there is some wiggle to manuever and get the extension done. Another opportunity to get off their duff (ASG). If they can't, sell the team.

• 3 weeks later...