• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Even Sekou Smith insist that the Hawks and Denver make a trade agreement with each other

JTB

HT’s solution for all involved:

These players want out and we’re here to give it to them. And this is where ‘Melo and the Nuggets come into the equation.

The Nuggets can send Anthony and J.R. Smith to the Hawks for Josh Smith and Crawford (the money works, but you can check it yourself on ESPN’s Trade Machine).

Both teams maintain their current status as playoff squads, making this one of those rare “everybody wins” trades. The Nuggets will have to forge ahead building around Chauncey Billups now, who even at this late stage of his career is still one of the league’s best. The Hawks would have three All-Stars in Anthony, Johnson and Horford, their own version of the “Big Three” that has become so popular the past few years.

The Nuggets grant ‘Melo’s wishes (I’ve seen the New York rumors, but the Hawks are better right now) and send J.R. Smith to a new destination while the Hawks grant Crawford’s wish and give up on the-cusp-of-his-prime Josh Smith (a deal I’d be willing to do to get Anthony, who is a better player than anyone on the Hawks’ roster right now and in the past decade).

(this part is so true underlined above, we dont know really know if melo would come to the ATL or not but it is possible!....Im sure he wouldnt rule it out! over teams like the knicks and nets!)

Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri and Hawks GM Rick Sund are welcome to steal whatever they need here that helps put this thing into motion before we get to training camp, because we’d like to focus our energies on several other things, particularly in Miami, Los Angeles and Boston.

(this would make tons of sense we give away smoove whos a good player for an all star like melo whose a great player. also we send JC for JR smith who can be very productive off the bench and he's younger!. An i know everybody love smoove i do as well but for melo! come on now!... cant beat that!)

the rest of the article:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/08/30/summer-solutions/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Edited by JTB

Notice that Sekou is suggesting something that too many on this board don't and won't suggest: trading Josh.

I can't tell you how often I've seen "The Nuggets would be thanking us to get a package of Jamal, Marvin, Mo and the 27th pick in the draft for Melo" posted here over the past couple days.

• Premium Member

Notice that Sekou is suggesting something that too many on this board don't and won't suggest: trading Josh.

I can't tell you how often I've seen "The Nuggets would be thanking us to get a package of Jamal, Marvin, Mo and the 27th pick in the draft for Melo" posted here over the past couple days.

That's because NOBODY wants to trade Smith, myself included. I really, REALLY like Melo with the current core, but we gotta keep Smoove for things to be 'complete' in my eyes. I feel the Hawks have the best 'theoretical' deal on the table without adding Smoove.

• Like 2

Marv could man the 4 spot. He might give give you 10+ rebounds a night. I could see this working.

Teague/Bibby

JJ/Craw2

Melo/Mo

Marv/Powell

Horf/ZAZA

You guys are smoking meth if you think we get carmelo without giving up Smoove. You are out of your collective minds!!!

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I think it would be a mistake to trade Smoove for a MELO rental. It makes the Dominique for Manning trade look sensible.

Melo wants to be in NY. He's with a winning team now. He wants to be back in NY and maybe relive his college days and enjoy the limelight. We can't offer him that. He would live us. It would be good for one year, then what? Our Cheap ownership would let him go and enjoy the savings.

2ndly, we can accomplish something similar on the court by moving Joe to Starting Sf.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Marv could man the 4 spot. He might give give you 10+ rebounds a night. I could see this working.

Teague/Bibby

JJ/Craw2

Melo/Mo

Marv/Powell

Horf/ZAZA

You guys are smoking meth if you think we get carmelo without giving up Smoove. You are out of your collective minds!!!

We've gotten gold for crap before. This time we're actually trading players that are productive for a player that clearly wants out.

• Like 1

• Admin

I think it would be a mistake to trade Smoove for a MELO rental. It makes the Dominique for Manning trade look sensible.

Melo wants to be in NY. He's with a winning team now. He wants to be back in NY and maybe relive his college days and enjoy the limelight. We can't offer him that. He would live us. It would be good for one year, then what? Our Cheap ownership would let him go and enjoy the savings.

2ndly, we can accomplish something similar on the court by moving Joe to Starting Sf.

To this point...I agree if we trade for one year of Melo is a waste of time.

However, if Melo agrees to an extension before the trade then this would be a great deal for us.

Marv has been effective at 4 or we can use Marv/Mo for some center out there to share minutes with Zaza while Horford shifts to the PF.

Who would start at PF for us? Melo, Marvin, Al......? I would rather keep Smoove and trade Marvin + Bibby

Al would start at PF obviously, also notice that we have three legit backup centers on the roster. With a lineup of Joe, Melo and Horf you can plug in whatever scrub at pg and center and succeed, the big three in Miami are showing that and at the time of Boston's first championship run Rondo and Perk were nobodies. Bibby and Marvin are not going to get you anyone of Carmelo's caliber so I don't even know why you would throw that out there. Realize that there are 28 other teams in the league and almost every one of them can offer a better package than that between youth, talent, contracts and picks. To be competitive with them we have to load up either Josh or Horf in a deal for Melo.

• Like 4

Al would start at PF obviously, also notice that we have three legit backup centers on the roster. With a lineup of Joe, Melo and Horf you can plug in whatever scrub at pg and center and succeed, the big three in Miami are showing that and at the time of Boston's first championship run Rondo and Perk were nobodies. Bibby and Marvin are not going to get you anyone of Carmelo's caliber so I don't even know why you would throw that out there. Realize that there are 28 other teams in the league and almost every one of them can offer a better package than that between youth, talent, contracts and picks. To be competitive with them we have to load up either Josh or Horf in a deal for Melo.

man +10000000000!!!! this man knows what he talking about! Also I want to add that those worried about melo's contract, shouldnt cause unless it's extended than i doubt the hawks would even consider him, plus i know sund wouldnt try to sign him unless melo agreed to an extension upon a trade for him!...anyways thats nothing to worry about! cause we know how sund operates!

A line up of this can get us places folks!......

-bibby/teague/jordan Crawford

-JJ-JRsmith/jordan crawford

-Melo-Marvin/pape sy

-Horford-Powell

-Etan Thomas-Zaza/Collins

we going places wit that lineup fa show!!!! and we still have players that are interchangable, like horford can still play some center and marvin can play some time at the 4 if needed! ATL we do this and we good!

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

Just so we are clear and no Smoove lovers come at me, a trade of Jamal+Horf+Mo+Jordan works just as well as a trade of Jamal+Smoove for Carmelo and JR. They both satisfy giving the Nuggets expirings, prospects and saves them some lux tax this season and keeps theirs and our roster still in the championship hunt.

Personally I think Al should be made available because I undoubtedly see him signing for a larger annual salary than Smoove's current deal.

• Like 1

The current ownership isn't looking to add any more large contracts, so this ain't happening. We might as well suck it up and be happy with what we have until someone with deep pockets actually buys the team. :shake_puter:

Edited by dakast

sund_0720_637256g.jpg

We are satisfied with our core and are not gonna have the money because we are gonna give Crawford a 40 million dollar deal to keep him.

But seriously, this is a brilliant deal. Etan could easily fit into the Perkins role as well as Teague the Rondo role via the 08 Celtics.

Edited by GameTime

Obviously melo would have to sign an extension before we trade away smoove. Denver fans would laugh in your face but that's because josh isn't a huge star - yet. On the flip side they need to consider armegeddon as witnessed in toronto and cleveland.

Getting an emerging star who lacks only good coaching and tv exposure would be a coup by denver.

They'll probably be hard headed and let him walk though.

• Like 1

No way I would trade Jordan. But I would trade Smoove, Crawesome, and Mo.